Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

toulouse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#81 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (guest from down under @ Mar 2 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2 years ago the championship teams agreed to allow toulouse into camp on condition they wern`t allowed to take the guaranteed place for a qualifying champ side on the next round of super league franchise,even if they won a grand final place they cant throw their hat in the ring for this guaranteed position.If the rl decide to exit more than one sl side toulouse can apply for a licence based in france like any other french club, they havn`t any advantage over any other french side.The rfl would then have to decide if they wanted another french side infront of say widnes or halifax,if only one sl side comes out they cant even apply.

these are not my words but those of someone who should know , if you get my drift .

They could always apply for a SL franchise and be based in South Wales!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#82 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Mar 2 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mr Ledger is head of media at the RFL. It is with him that the buck stops, why would you want to aim remarks about a foul up by the RFL's media department at anyone else but him?

Didn't know he was involved. My remarks I repeat were aimed at the original statement from the RFL as shown by Mike Rylance. Get with it. Not just the interpretation you would like to show Ledger is a friend. I also am a Fev supporter that has done good for FEV. I can obtain people to vouch for my integrity. So what.

#83 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,502 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (jamescolin @ Mar 2 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't know he was involved. My remarks I repeat were aimed at the original statement from the RFL as shown by Mike Rylance. Get with it. Not just the interpretation you would like to show Ledger is a friend. I also am a Fev supporter that has done good for FEV. I can obtain people to vouch for my integrity. So what.

see my post of 7.04 pm yesterday and of 8.52 the same day, which you replied to: get with it.

the whole pint of posting on this 'forum' was to provide first hand information that I had obtained from ledger, so that people would be aware of the fact that the story about Toulouse was untrue
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#84 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Mar 2 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
see my post of 7.04 pm yesterday and of 8.52 the same day, which you replied to: get with it.

the whole pint of posting on this 'forum' was to provide first hand information that I had obtained from ledger, so that people would be aware of the fact that the story about Toulouse was untrue

Yet again "l'angelo mysterioso" posting on this "forum" has led to a slanging match.

Yet again "its nothing to do with me.... I'm just doing this, I'm just doing that"

How many posts of your nearly 25,000 have led to threads being locked on these forums?

You'd think after nearly 25,000 posts rowing about silly points you'd get the message as would the League Express.

Maybe now you might start thinking its "me" not "them" being daft.

#85 F.Slater

F.Slater
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Mar 2 2010, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so Toulouse can get into SL without a GF then? No they can't.
somebody messed up through poor communication. people mess up

Thing Is Chris the people at RedHall have a long history of "Messing Up" and only really admit to things when they are caught out.

I have no doubt in my mind that Toulouse believe that they did not have to win a GF and I have no doubt it was someone at Red Hall that told them.

Read Terry's post again, " A senior official confirmed this to be true "

what more do you want - are you so naive to believe that the RFL are not capable of this , because every other RL fan knows they are
Posted Image

#86 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,502 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (F.Slater @ Mar 3 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thing Is Chris the people at RedHall have a long history of "Messing Up" and only really admit to things when they are caught out.

I have no doubt in my mind that Toulouse believe that they did not have to win a GF and I have no doubt it was someone at Red Hall that told them.

Read Terry's post again, " A senior official confirmed this to be true "

what more do you want - are you so naive to believe that the RFL are not capable of this , because every other RL fan knows they are

Frank,
thank you for a civil response. I read the story in LE and it seemed odd to me. I rang the head of media at the RFL: John Ledger, as I said it's his department and the buck stops with him, so he was the person to talk to. I wanted to hear it from the horses mouth, not rumour, not hysteria.
John told me that Toulouse would have to qualify via a GF same as other clubs, and that there were conditions that Olympique had to fulfil over and above what UK clubs had to fulfil. I asked him how the story had come about and he mentioned issues regarding translation.
I've known John for years. I like him and believe him not to be a liar. If that is being naive, then I'm happy to be naive.
All I did was try to be helpful to people who were concerned about the story. I don't take part in what passes for discussion on this 'forum', but do pass on information from time to time: the last time was to dispel a rumour about the club's matchday programme, same with this.
I'll know better in future. I didn't have to bother and now wish I hadn't.
regards,
Chris W.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#87 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:20 PM

"Man who has hands in pockets may feel cocky all day"

#88 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!
The forum has reverted to DefCom 1. The word TRANSLATION has been detected in a post.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#89 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Mar 3 2010, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've known John for years. I like him and believe him not to be a liar. If that is being naive, then I'm happy to be naive.

I've known John for many years too Chris and can back up your appraisal of the man, he's a true gent, great friend and RL through and through. My only crit of him is his taste in fashion but he's a reporter and you guys always dress wierd! I certainly don't think he would be behind anything unethical or underhand.

#90 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Mick H @ Mar 3 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've known John for many years too Chris and can back up your appraisal of the man, he's a true gent, great friend and RL through and through. My only crit of him is his taste in fashion but he's a reporter and you guys always dress wierd! I certainly don't think he would be behind anything unethical or underhand.

But who said he was? I made a point about the circumstances as I saw it and was accused of calling him a liar. Nobody to my mind has done that. The hysteria came from another quarter demanding I spoke to him face to face which I am happy to do. A=mistake has been made by the RTFL and it really amopunts to incompetence not a question of ethics.

#91 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

I was just agreeing with Chris regarding the integrity of Mr Ledger Colin, I have no opinion on this matter as i beleive we wont get in SL no matter what happens anywhere else.