Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls v Hull FC

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Bradford Bulls v Hull FC (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Hull (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Stan Doffarf

Stan Doffarf
  • Coach
  • 965 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (3owls @ Jul 4 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is a let's all laugh at bradford thread in order? Fnaaarrr, fnaaarrr.

As ever, your erudite contribution is much appreciated.
And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry no feelings left
This species has amused itself to death

#42 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Stan Doffarf @ Jul 4 2010, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As ever, your erudite contribution is much appreciated.

Well thankyou wink.gif

#43 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

Well what can I say about today, it was a much improved second forty after the shambles that was the first half where Hull FC were there for the taking, but we didn't capitalise and take charge, instead allowing a very ordinary Hull to establish a 16 point halftime lead.

Which ultimately saw us with too much to do.

The only highlight for me is that Addy finally came of age today (what a try) and that as already mentioned above the youngsters are coming on leaps and bounds.

As for Sykes, Worrincy (running on the last tackle and then still trying to play the ball after the referee had blown for the handover), Reardon, Sheriffe etc . . .

Well the sooner we get shut of the deadwood the better, because enough is enough, you either put the effort in or ###### off and let someone join this club who will put the effort in.

Beacuse to us who watch side this side every week, it's plain to see that we have some very lazy players who are only here for the money.

Lynch didn't look match fit despite some good runs with the ball in hand and Langley put in the usual 110% effort.

We won't make the play-offs now and it's time for McNamara to drop the players hindering us and play more of the young players coming through.

#44 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

Well what can I say about today, it was a much improved second forty after the shambles that was the first half where Hull FC were there for the taking, but we didn't capitalise and take charge, instead allowing a very ordinary Hull to establish a 16 point halftime lead.

Which ultimately saw us with too much to do.

The only highlight for me is that Addy finally came of age today (what a try) and that as already mentioned above the youngsters are coming on leaps and bounds.

As for Sykes, Worrincy (running on the last tackle and then still trying to play the ball after the referee had blown for the handover), Reardon, Sheriffe etc . . .

Well the sooner we get shut of the deadwood the better, because enough is enough, you either put the effort in or ###### off and let someone join this club who will put the effort in.

Beacuse to us who watch side this side every week, it's plain to see that we have some very lazy players who are only here for the money.

Lynch didn't look match fit despite some good runs with the ball in hand and Langley put in the usual 110% effort.

We won't make the play-offs now and it's time for McNamara to drop the players hindering us and play more of the young players coming through.

#45 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

Before I go for the night, John's text was quality.

Do you fancy picking me some lotto numbers? biggrin.gif

#46 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 4 2010, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Before I go for the night, John's text was quality.

Do you fancy picking me some lotto numbers? biggrin.gif

Yeah, the week after I win! smile.gif

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#47 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Johnoco @ Jul 4 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the week after I win! smile.gif

Cheers rolleyes.gif

#48 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Back to the sunnier side of Yorkshire with the two points. Job done.

Agree with the comments from the Bradford fans about Addy. He looked a great prospect today.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#49 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (Ullman @ Jul 4 2010, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree with the comments from the Bradford fans about Addy. He looked a great prospect today.

He took his try really well, Steve Menzies was the first to pat him on the back which I thought was a nice touch.

#50 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Ullman @ Jul 4 2010, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Odsal must be the only place in the country that feels like November when its July.

#51 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 4 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif

Get in - love it!

laugh.gif I can no longer take anything you say seriously or ever be ###### off at you.

Sha la la, la la la la la.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#52 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (westhuller @ Jul 4 2010, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Odsal must be the only place in the country that feels like November when its July.

There are too many jokes about how fans feel when at Hull to even begin! biggrin.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#53 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

Oh and feck. dry.gif

I would've taken that scoreline on it's own, but it's the latest in a long record-breaking line of losses that make it seem much worse.

Still too many clueless moments and basic errors from the Bulls.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#54 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (westhuller @ Jul 4 2010, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In uncertain times it's nice to know there are some things you can rely on smile.gif

There was something reassuring about being greeted by leaden skies, a howling wind and even a little rain in the middle of a beautiful spell of weather.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#55 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 4 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and feck. dry.gif

I would've taken that scoreline on it's own, but it's the latest in a long record-breaking line of losses that make it seem much worse.

Still too many clueless moments and basic errors from the Bulls.

I actually thought the desperation to end that losing run might see Bradford home today. It seemed to just lead to panic though. As you say absolutely clueless at times.

#56 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:51 PM

I'd just like to defend Stuart Reardon (at least for today). I don't think he was that bad and at least looked like he wanted to take the game to Hull.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#57 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Johnoco @ Jul 4 2010, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd just like to defend Stuart Reardon (at least for today). I don't think he was that bad and at least looked like he wanted to take the game to Hull.

Agreed. Some howlers from him but also some sh!te passes to contend with. He doesn't get much quality ball to do anything with. Any left sided attack stops at Nero, or we favour the right hand side of Menzies, Platt and Sheriffe.

He tries, but as with Sheriffe and Halley, the dummy half scoots simply don't work as a tactic. dry.gif I agree that sometimes it takes workload off the props but they just end up being tackled 5m away by the markers or those near the ruck. Wasteful and infruriating time and time again.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#58 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,682 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Ullman @ Jul 4 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was something reassuring about being greeted by leaden skies, a howling wind and even a little rain in the middle of a beautiful spell of weather.

What...even when you're wearing shorts...

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#59 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,670 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

I've never seen a team have to do so little to get a win as Hull did yesterday. Seriously, I mean talk about gifting someone the win. The first FC try, the Bulls players were tackling themselves FFS! Apart from the last try (which was spectacular by the way) they never properly threatened and the Bulls just utterlly collapsed from the start.

The team did superbly to get back to a draw IMO - it was a completely different Bulls side who came out in the second half but the last try for Hull really was the gamebreaker - which was strange as there was plenty of time left to get the win, but it took all the wind out of the Bradford sails. Gutting - yesterday sums up the past two years for me.

Also - what a lot of bizzare decisions by the ref and his assitants yesterday (for both sides before anyone starts). From Hull getting the tap on the 20, despite Tansey apparrently touching the ball before it went out in the opening sets - to the Touch Judge apparently overrulling a decision the in goal ref had made despite the touchy being about 40 meters away and the in goal fella 2 meters. Then the decision out of the blue to give the Bulls a penalty for Hull not playing the ball properly in the first half! You can't tell me every other PTB was correct in that game, so why blow for that? I'm not saying these decisions affected the outcome of the game at all - but it needs to be pointed out - the decisions weren't wrong because they were going against us or anything - they were just downright mad a lot of the time!
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#60 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (tonyXIII @ Jul 4 2010, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should frame that quote, MM! Looks like they found another 15minutes from somewhere. biggrin.gif

I stand by my comment. Hull managed to hang on scoring a try against the run of play, but Bradford still looked like scoring if the Hull-biased Radio Blunderside commentary was anything to go by.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users