Photo
- - - - -

A petition to the Rugby Football League.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (amh @ Jul 21 2010, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Claim your 204,010 at the door young man wink.gif

fantastic.. !

#42 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,057 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Bostik Bailey @ Jul 21 2010, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Err actually I was invited (and attended) a focus gruop meeting (call it what you want) by the RFL at the begining of this year. They regularly doe this type of thing all over th country to garner our viewsa nd see where the game needs to go.

Also last year there was an on-line questionaire which I filled in and at the end of that it askes if you would be willing to attend such events.

QUOTE (RP London @ Jul 21 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i've filled in quite few of those questionaires.. think there was a period i felt like i was doing one a week.. probably one every month at the moment give or take.

QUOTE (jannerboyuk @ Jul 21 2010, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i've done quite a few questionaaires even though im not involved in anything more than supporting the crusaders, mainly at a distance.

So, to get it clear... probably the only person involved with rugby league who isn't being regularly consulted is Trojan biggrin.gif

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#43 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,273 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (ckn @ Jul 21 2010, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, to get it clear... probably the only person involved with rugby league who isn't being regularly consulted is Trojan biggrin.gif

They've got him sussed. biggrin.gif

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#44 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,482 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (rod reddy @ Jul 20 2010, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's survived for 115 years in those areas. And for the record, I'm not against expansion, I just want a fairer system.

If I recall correctly Rod, when the SKY monies were up for grabs Mo Lindsay had an all inclusive approach including expansion and mooted that 23 clubs one way or another got a share of the SKY money to obtain some semblance of fairness.

One way was was to grant membership of SL to a club, the other was to offer membership to merged clubs.

Nobody chose to merge and so nine clubs effectively excluded themselves from the plan that was looking at a 14 club SL which we didn't get then and now have.

I just wonder wether your best bet to achieve proper P & R (P & R between a pro and a semi pro league does not really work) and all inclusiveness without merger, is to petition the RFL and SKY (In a much more polite and positive manner than you suggested) to create 2 leagues of 12 clubs and give them 500K a season, set the salary cap at 800,000 and leave some spare cash to keep those who still would be excluded alive and ticking.

At the time it seems that the SKY/RFL reaction to a refusal to merge was to simply allocate 12 places and use P & R to weed out the weak and give the strong a chance.

Was sharing the SKY pot across most of the clubs ever considered?? Should you sugest it now???

After all we are often told SKY don't care how the money is split as long as they have our game to fill up their schedule, and clearly they are fine with NL clubs as they show them regularly??

>this post is dedicated to Trojan and Terry M<

#45 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,333 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Jul 20 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the top of SL. What about the rest? Salford, Bradford, Crusaders, Harlequins? Attendences are certainly down in the Championship - nowt to play for except a tick in a box.

Until recent seasons Bradford have had decent crowds so why include them in your doom mongering? Also I could be mistaken but it looked to me like Batley were very happy to win the NRC on Sunday...they didn't seem concerned about whether they were ticking boxes or not. They never won anything before did they?

I unsure if you would have anything positive to say even if every club from the bottom to the top got crowds of 30K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users