Photo
- - - - -

Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Poll: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds (11 votes [44.00%])

Percentage of vote: 44.00%

2. Wigan (13 votes [52.00%])

Percentage of vote: 52.00%

3. Draw (1 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Phil Clarke "Wigan have now gone over two hours without conceding a try".

What happened next?

Good performance by Wigan.

Decent game in poor conditions.
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#62 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

That McClennan interview in full... "boo hoo big naughty boys with rough tackling... it's not fair... cheating wrestlers... Tomkins should have been penalised for launching his chin into lovely Ablett's arm, and as we run the disciplinary all our men will be playing again next week... boo hoo finishing top is for cheating sissies..."

#63 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 30 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That McClennan interview in full... "boo hoo big naughty boys with rough tackling... it's not fair... cheating wrestlers... Tomkins should have been penalised for launching his chin into lovely Ablett's arm, and as we run the disciplinary all our men will be playing again next week... boo hoo finishing top is for cheating sissies..."

Add McClennan to the list of coaches that have been owned by Wigan tactically this season.

After the last two games performances I am starting to get the feeling that we have maybe given Maguire too much of the personal credit for the Wigan upsurge this season, when in fact Shaun Wane has been a major part particularly in terms of motivation and defensive organisation. Hopefully he will be the natural successor at Wigan when Maguire inevitably returns home. I believe we will be in good hands.

Edited by giwildgo, 30 July 2010 - 09:32 PM.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#64 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Jul 30 2010, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Embarrassing aint it, coupled with them 2 clowns commentating

Lot better game on mute

but surely you had someone nagging or moaning in the back ground wink.gif tongue.gif

#65 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 30 2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but surely you had someone nagging or moaning in the back ground wink.gif tongue.gif

Nope, she sits quietly talking to clowns like you on here

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#66 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Jul 30 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, she sits quietly talking to clowns like you on here

Pardon....... Why do you call me a clown???? You don't even know me???

#67 Native New Yorker

Native New Yorker
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 30 2010, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pardon....... Why do you call me a clown???? You don't even know me???

Could be the red nose and the oversize shoes that give it away biggrin.gif
SQL Minor Stupidship winner 2011, 2012
Stupid Grand Champion 2012
Challenged Cup Winner 2013

#68 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (shrek @ Jul 30 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very disappointed with Ablett and Bailey decisions,

the ablett decision was always going to be 'on report', bailey's was the poor decision, before the tackle was complete he was blowing his whistle and shouting 'on report', he knew full well what had gone on.
foxes or poor people?

#69 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Native New Yorker @ Jul 30 2010, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could be the red nose and the oversize shoes that give it away biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Primrose and Blue mate...no red on me.

#70 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

Must be the collapsable car then.

#71 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 30 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must be the collapsable car then.

Go to bed old boy tongue.gif

#72 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (sam @ Jul 30 2010, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the ablett decision was always going to be 'on report', bailey's was the poor decision, before the tackle was complete he was blowing his whistle and shouting 'on report', he knew full well what had gone on.

But why though? The incident was clear and in my view worse than two recent sendings off I've witnessed that were more poor technique than malicious (Coley v Catalans, Boyle v Wigan). Ganson generally is not adverse to getting out the red card.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#73 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,688 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

Prior to the game, naturally I was up for Leeds, but the way they played put me right off. I was up for Wigan after a short while, Leeds played the game disgracefully and Wigan played it right.

Ablett should have walked, and for me he should get a 4 game ban, this was worse than any high tackle we see week in week out.

Bailey should have walked and he needs a proper punishment. There was no excuse for what he did, and it was just lucky that a Wigan player was not attempting to tackle round the waist.

Well played Wigan, thought the first try was excellent, they used the overlap really well, and they played some nice stuff despite the weather.

#74 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 30 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bailey should have walked and he needs a proper punishment. There was no excuse for what he did, and it was just lucky that a Wigan player was not attempting to tackle round the waist.

That would be a 1st going that low

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#75 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 30 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Prior to the game, naturally I was up for Leeds, but the way they played put me right off. I was up for Wigan after a short while, Leeds played the game disgracefully and Wigan played it right.

Ablett should have walked, and for me he should get a 4 game ban, this was worse than any high tackle we see week in week out.

Well played Wigan, thought the first try was excellent, they used the overlap really well, and they played some nice stuff despite the weather.

Wigan have nicked that off the Wire 2 weeks ago, riley's kick for atkins laugh.gif how teams learn by their mistakes wink.gif

#76 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:47 PM

Wigan seem to have learnt a lot from their mistakes in terms of selecting more props and playing Deacon as a kicker. Leeds weren't as clever as Wire though. Can you imagine what Briers would have done to Goulding? It would have been a massacre on that wing.

#77 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 30 2010, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wigan seem to have learnt a lot from their mistakes in terms of selecting more props and playing Deacon as a kicker. Leeds weren't as clever as Wire though. Can you imagine what Briers would have done to Goulding? It would have been a massacre on that wing.

Very strange tactics from Leeds not targeting Goulding who was clearly injured.

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#78 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Jul 30 2010, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point..... Leeds look a spent team...... what do ya think old bean??

#79 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 30 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But why though? The incident was clear and in my view worse than two recent sendings off I've witnessed that were more poor technique than malicious (Coley v Catalans, Boyle v Wigan). Ganson generally is not adverse to getting out the red card.

first, the position of the players, the 'hit' will have been shielded from ganson by them. second, he only blew the whistle in the first place for ablett being offside. third, ignore the wigan players reaction, they were 'protecting a team mate who'd just got clobbered. the wigan fans will have had the best view of the challenge as they will have seen just how high ablett's arms were, tv viewers will have seen it as a shocker because of their viewing angle too. to the leeds fans in the east stand it will have looked ok.

he's not averse to giving out red cards which makes me think if he'd have had a clear view on it he would have. you can't dole out cards based on how loud players and fans shout!
foxes or poor people?

#80 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,688 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (sam @ Jul 30 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he's not averse to giving out red cards which makes me think if he'd have had a clear view on it he would have. you can't dole out cards based on how loud players and fans shout!

Yep, Ganson would have sent him off had he seen that IMHO. You can't criticise Ganson for that. That said, I thought the ref was allowed to ask the VR for their opinion on incidents like this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users