TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Rugby League World - Issue 353 - Out 6th Aug

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (John Drake @ Aug 11 2010, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We struggled to find current players who could think of one. They tend to find their motivation from other sources these days, it seems. No point flogging a dead horse.

That's an idea for an article John - what does motivate them these days??

Also, you may have done it before but what about a top five things to be proud of/love in relation to TGG

1. Toughest sport - no padding etc
2. Seeing the kids you know grow up and achieve greatness
3. Family game whether playing or watching
4. No trouble with supporters mixing in the ground
5. Good friends made at all clubs, not just my own

now I know people will pull apart my list - it was just off the top of my head

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#42 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:05 PM

Or how about a few more pages for the clubs outside of Super League??? I usually have to turn over 6 or 7 pages of RLE before I see a mention of Championship and Championship 1 and soon I fear they will be called Super League Express and Super League World!!!!!!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#43 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Keith T @ Aug 11 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or how about a few more pages for the clubs outside of Super League??? I usually have to turn over 6 or 7 pages of RLE before I see a mention of Championship and Championship 1 and soon I fear they will be called Super League Express and Super League World!!!!!!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

hear hear , and for him indoors - more amateur and conference

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#44 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Keith T @ Aug 11 2010, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RLW in particular is far better now. The amount of Super League coverage has gone down about 40% I'd say from this time last year. Maybe it hasn't all been filled with championship stuff, but certainly from other corners of the...err...Rugby League world. You are never going to please everyone, because at the end of the day I'd bet Super League stuff sells more mags than the Championship (not saying you should get rid of all the other coverage mind, but it's a business at the end of the day).
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users