TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Steve Ganson dropped from this weekends games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:54 PM

Championship referee Robert Hicks will take over from Steve Ganson as the referee for the Catalans Dragons v Harlequins game on Saturday in France.

Good call by the RFL to drop him.

In other news Wigan Warriors have Phil Bentham who they have yet to win under this season.

Edited by Tommy The C5t, 09 August 2010 - 11:56 PM.

#2 Riversiderontour

Riversiderontour
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 10 2010, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Championship referee Robert Hicks will take over from Steve Ganson as the referee for the Catalans Dragons v Harlequins game on Saturday in France.

Good call by the RFL to drop him.

In other news Wigan Warriors have Phil Bentham who they have yet to win under this season.

Every cloud etc
laugh.gif

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.

Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

#3 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:32 AM

How do you know he's been dropped? He might just be injured or unwell?
Posted Image

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Wellsy4HullFC @ Aug 10 2010, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you know he's been dropped?

RFL website

SATURDAY 14TH AUGUST
Engage Super League XV
Catalans Dragons v Harlequins RL 6.30pm
Ref R Hicks TJ J Pereira TJ P Brooke VR TBC TK J L Daniel MC S Presley

http://www.therfl.co...d=183&areaid=54
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

I am no lover of ganson but to be fair he has been found guilty at this moment in time of.................nothing! I always dispair when someone arrested "on suspicion"(and suspicion is all the police need apparently to arrest someone)has their name dragged through the mud. He is innocent until proven guilty and only then should this story have been released.
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#6 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (Wilderspoolmemories @ Aug 10 2010, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am no lover of ganson but to be fair he has been found guilty at this moment in time of.................nothing! I always dispair when someone arrested "on suspicion"(and suspicion is all the police need apparently to arrest someone)has their name dragged through the mud. He is innocent until proven guilty and only then should this story have been released.

I agree.

I would have had Ganson as the Ref for the Final wink.gif

#7 East Coast Tiger

East Coast Tiger
  • Coach
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:35 AM

It's fair enough to say he's innocent till proven otherwise but surely the RFL also has to take into account his ability to do what is a tough job. I think it's fair for them to make a judgement that he is perhaps not in the correct frame of mind to do the job. Can you imagine the extra abuse he'll cop? I know it's not a pro level, but a few years ago a local ref here lost his brother in the days leading up to a game but still insisted on reffing. He had a shocker and it was generally accepted that he just wasn't up to it emotionally. Different situation but perhaps a similar concern here.

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:42 AM

Well I can't find where it says he's been dropped. The fact he's not refereeing this weekend is obvious but is there anywhere that gives the reason?

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#9 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Aug 10 2010, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I can't find where it says he's been dropped. The fact he's not refereeing this weekend is obvious but is there anywhere that gives the reason?

Micks turf accountant?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Aug 10 2010, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Micks turf accountant?

Not a very good bet that.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#11 sallywt

sallywt
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

Not according to the Mirror:

http://www.mirror.co...15875-22477641/

#12 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Locked for the same reason as the last one.

Until the legal process has run its course, please don't start any further threads relating to this matter.

Thanks.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users