feath v fax

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

second half 28-16 to fev good game fax still in this.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#2 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

liam finn ghost through for a top try for fev that could do it, 34-16

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss

#3 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

kyle briggs goes under the posts after a sloppy watene pass 40-16 about 5mins to go

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss

#4 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

briggs gets his hat trick try and its game over 44-16 briggs given motm goal kicked 46-16 att 2,553.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss

#5 bendyas

bendyas
  • Coach
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

Why can't we apply for Superleague?

#6 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,273 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:32 PM

Entertaining game, Fev at times look hot but showed defensive weakness. Go fo SL they can replace he other Calder clubs. biggrin.gif

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#7 JackBauer

JackBauer
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (bendyas @ Sep 9 2010, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can apply against the existing SuperLeague clubs. You just don't meet the criteria for the guaranteed place for a Championship team.

#8 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:44 PM

Has Kyle Briggs been snapped up by any Super League club for next season ?

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#9 Jill Halfpenny fan

Jill Halfpenny fan
  • Coach
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

Looking at the state of Fax at the end Barrow or Sheffield must fancy their chances.
Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

#10 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 588 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (JackBauer @ Sep 9 2010, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can apply against the existing SuperLeague clubs. You just don't meet the criteria for the guaranteed place for a Championship team.

I think any Championship club applying for a Super league licence has to meet the 5 minmum criteria.

http://www.therfl.co....php?areaid=193

#11 Allan Marsden

Allan Marsden
  • Banned
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

Fev are by far the best team in the Championship and in Briggs / Smeaton / Hardaker they have a trio far better attacking an edge than any championship team. Powell has done a good job bringing through lots of talented youngsters. Every championship club should be developing youngsters N.B Millward

#12 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Emosi Koloto @ Sep 9 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has Kyle Briggs been snapped up by any Super League club for next season ?

No

Cummins Out.

#13 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,150 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (bendyas @ Sep 9 2010, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whatever the technicalities are, it would be a mistake for Rovers to apply this year. Rovers' performance on the field this season, the establishing the new player development structure, the financial management and development o the cluib and so on, are all building blocks for when the time coms.
At the moment the key word at Rovers is 'sustainablility'. If a club is appointed to super league it has to be sustainable on all fronts fr the sake of the club itself and for the sake of the competition. If Roversare say in 2014 were admitted to SL, then they have to be a credible part of it, not a club making up the numbers and messing themselves up on all fronts for the privilege. We've seen it happen and we are seeing it happen.
Ben mate, enjoy the moment. It's what veryone associated with Rovers deserves right now.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#14 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (Allan Marsden @ Sep 9 2010, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fev are by far the best team in the Championship and in Briggs / Smeaton / Hardaker they have a trio far better attacking an edge than any championship team. Powell has done a good job bringing through lots of talented youngsters. Every championship club should be developing youngsters N.B Millward

In all honesty they're probably the best team in "Calder" at the moment!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#15 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,150 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Sep 10 2010, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In all honesty they're probably the best team in "Calder" at the moment!

followed by Fev Lions and Stanley rangers.
Keeping it local

#16 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Sep 10 2010, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whatever the technicalities are, it would be a mistake for Rovers to apply this year. Rovers' performance on the field this season, the establishing the new player development structure, the financial management and development o the cluib and so on, are all building blocks for when the time coms.
At the moment the key word at Rovers is 'sustainablility'. If a club is appointed to super league it has to be sustainable on all fronts fr the sake of the club itself and for the sake of the competition. If Roversare say in 2014 were admitted to SL, then they have to be a credible part of it, not a club making up the numbers and messing themselves up on all fronts for the privilege. We've seen it happen and we are seeing it happen.
Ben mate, enjoy the moment. It's what veryone associated with Rovers deserves right now.

I think the BOD and Powell are going about it the right way, no point rushing a long process, but to answer the original question, we've got to the Grand Final, so we can apply for Super League, they'll come round, have a look, tell us what we're doing right and what needs improving to carry on building for 2015.

Cummins Out.

#17 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,150 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Sep 10 2010, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the BOD and Powell are going about it the right way, no point rushing a long process, but to answer the original question, we've got to the Grand Final, so we can apply for Super League, they'll come round, have a look, tell us what we're doing right and what needs improving to carry on building for 2015.

yes
Keeping it local

#18 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,836 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

Excellent result for Fev. Great to see them in the final - fully deserved.

Would love to see Fev v Sheffield in the final - that would be a great story. In my opinion Powell and Aston are the most forward thinking coaches in the Championship, certainly in terms of their backing for youth development. As far as I know, Fev and Sheffield will be the only Champ teams with sides in the U18 Academy structure next season. I'm not entirely sure how either of them will find them money to pay all the Academy players what the RFL want/demand, but both coaches seem to have persuaded their boards that it's essential. Fair play to them - most of the other clubs backed off (Leigh and Fax included).
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users