Stadium developments

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#281 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

Reckon we can do without a roof to be honest...I thought it was summer rugby???

Lets spend the dosh and Mitch Stringer and Ryan Hall.....(I make a point of not watching SL so you guys might have a few better players in mind..)

#282 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:45 AM

Wouldn't it be pointless putting a roof on the eastern terraced with the wind and rain coming in from the Western part of the ground most of the time.If there is plans to terraced the Western side with a roof,this would reduce the wind that sweeps through the ground.Be great if it was to happen,but think it won't until the new car park ,training pitch and rest of the housing development is done first.

#283 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

there was a fund set up in the 1960s to pay for covering the long stand and my father contributed , i wonder what ever happened to the money raised ?.

My late father used to tell me the tale that Webster's brewery from Halifax had agreed to build a stand on the long side for nothing, provided it had "Websters Brewery" painted on the roof. But the committee at the time declined the offer as it wasn't in keeping with the surroundings. There again he also told me the tale that back in the late sixties/early seventies we had the best groundsman in the RL but he left because the committee wouldn't buy him a new sweeping brush!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users