Rugby League World Cup 2017 Tours – Register Your Interest Now!
Join TotalRL.com, League Express & Rugby League World at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup in Australia, New Zealand & Papua New Guinea! Click here for more info

Rugby League World
FREE 2016 Fixture Guide
League Express

Rugby League Yearbook 2015-2016

Photo
- - - - -

Stadium developments

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#281 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

Reckon we can do without a roof to be honest...I thought it was summer rugby???

Lets spend the dosh and Mitch Stringer and Ryan Hall.....(I make a point of not watching SL so you guys might have a few better players in mind..)

#282 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:45 AM

Wouldn't it be pointless putting a roof on the eastern terraced with the wind and rain coming in from the Western part of the ground most of the time.If there is plans to terraced the Western side with a roof,this would reduce the wind that sweeps through the ground.Be great if it was to happen,but think it won't until the new car park ,training pitch and rest of the housing development is done first.

#283 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 833 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

there was a fund set up in the 1960s to pay for covering the long stand and my father contributed , i wonder what ever happened to the money raised ?.

My late father used to tell me the tale that Webster's brewery from Halifax had agreed to build a stand on the long side for nothing, provided it had "Websters Brewery" painted on the roof. But the committee at the time declined the offer as it wasn't in keeping with the surroundings. There again he also told me the tale that back in the late sixties/early seventies we had the best groundsman in the RL but he left because the committee wouldn't buy him a new sweeping brush!

#284 Lupset Ram

Lupset Ram
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:12 AM

Any news about stadium developments at the meeting the other night? I drove past the ground the other day, and while the new houses look nice, our car park (new training pitch) still looks like it has done for the last 20 years.
By my reckoning, they're a year into the development and I wonder how much longer they're going to be.

#285 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:57 AM

Depends how many more site managers quit the development.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#286 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:55 AM

Any news about stadium developments at the meeting the other night? I drove past the ground the other day, and while the new houses look nice, our car park (new training pitch) still looks like it has done for the last 20 years.
By my reckoning, they're a year into the development and I wonder how much longer they're going to be.

What was the timescale for the original development when it was announced LR?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#287 Lupset Ram

Lupset Ram
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

I don't know. But one thing that I would have stipulated in the contract is that the Rams have their facilities built first, and then build the houses afterwards. Just in case they decide to go bust when they've finished the site, and leave us with our shabby car park, that never got completed when the original development took place a generation back.
Anybody see my concern here?

#288 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:51 PM

According to Mark Sawyer other night the all weather pitches & car park will be ready 12 to 15 months.

#289 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

I don't know. But one thing that I would have stipulated in the contract is that the Rams have their facilities built first, and then build the houses afterwards. Just in case they decide to go bust when they've finished the site, and leave us with our shabby car park, that never got completed when the original development took place a generation back.
Anybody see my concern here?

It's a shame you didn't do the negotiating for us then LR, clearly it would have been a much better deal.  ;)

Seriously, the developers have the upper hand in phased developments scheduling things so that they have a positive cash-flow throughout: that's the way it is done. This lot are a bit bigger and more reputable than our old friends from DD I think so an element of trust is always involved in business. However MS has built and run much bigger businesses than you (I presume) or I so we will trust him to ensure that the development is in the club's best interests as far as possible.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#290 the old nine ole

the old nine ole
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:30 PM

It's a shame you didn't do the negotiating for us then LR, clearly it would have been a much better deal.  ;)

Seriously, the developers have the upper hand in phased developments scheduling things so that they have a positive cash-flow throughout: that's the way it is done. This lot are a bit bigger and more reputable than our old friends from DD I think so an element of trust is always involved in business. However MS has built and run much bigger businesses than you (I presume) or I so we will trust him to ensure that the development is in the club's best interests as far as possible.

BSJ....You are spot on... I have run a  multi million pound business, ...and it would be naive in the extreme not to build in contractual security in situations like this... I have been on the other side of this type of arrangement, and there have always been  time stipulations, triggers and penalties written  into the contract .... I am sure MS is not naive and will have protected the clubs interests..

Edited by the old nine ole, 20 December 2015 - 11:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users