Stadium developments

andyram

How many houses are they planning does anyone know?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many houses are they planning does anyone know?

Why not check the plans on the Kirklees website?

http://www2.kirklees.gov.uk/business/planning/application_search/detail.aspx?id=2014/90780

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Looks good, but I miss the old pit stacks and buildings we used to play on as Kids....

And I remember when all that wer just fields n muck   :swoon:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Looks good, but I miss the old pit stacks and buildings we used to play on as Kids....

And I remember when all that wer just fields n muck :swoon:

Yup the old pit stacks and banking

Where a part of growing up around shaw cross,the tunnel long gone,black bridge no more..even the little ponds teaming with shrimps & frogs..the endless climb up the banking that went on forever it seems on a hot summers day...even riding your push bike around the basin in evel kinevel style...everything all gone childhood memories destroyed

RIP pit stacks

Could have been worse

Could have built batley ground on it

;)

• 3 months later...

Passed ground today seems to be a lot of activity with all the machinery,does this mean it's all been given the all clear to start the development?

No, we're just building a new stand to fit all the Batley fans into when they next visit.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I have been told by the club that it is the start of the housing development.

When this new development is completed, it strikes me that there will be a huge opportunity for the club to attract new fans. Would it be in the clubs interest to offer reduced admission to the residents, or to make the bars attractive enough to be a community centre for the residents. I would assume that the club are already thinking along these lines, but wondered if anybody else had been thinking about how best to use this opportunity.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

When this new development is completed, it strikes me that there will be a huge opportunity for the club to attract new fans. Would it be in the clubs interest to offer reduced admission to the residents, or to make the bars attractive enough to be a community centre for the residents. I would assume that the club are already thinking along these lines, but wondered if anybody else had been thinking about how best to use this opportunity.

One free season ticket with every house purchase?

(If you offer reduced admission to local residents you'd get hangers-on like Piggy's Mate cluttering up the place.)

(If you offer reduced admission to local residents you'd get hangers-on like Piggy's Mate cluttering up the place.)

Ha there goes the neighbourhood :pickeat:

"Its just a posh chickenly" "posh chickenleeeeyyy"

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

You wont al living out in the sticks were cousins are married over a game of kaplunk!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

So the housing development has been given the final go ahead??

I haven't seen anything in the local rag to say it has.

It was in the press last Friday plus I asked the question on the forum last week & the club confirmed it. Must admit after going to the open day Saturday there's been a lot of work done on the stadium which is still on going,it's looking very tidy,it would be nice though to have terracing behind the posts at bywell rd end!!!

Would be nice to have that area terraced,but I don't think anything is planned for it as yet, when I went on Saturday I noticed we still have the old wooden fence behind the goal posts at that end,hopefully the new one will be added like the rest of the perimeter metal fencing around the pitch.Once the new car parking is done along with the training pitch around the stadium,our ground will be one of the best in the league.

According to the League Weekly Mark Sawyer has over a Million quid from the deal in his back pocket so will be interesting to see where this gets spent.

A few quid on the terrace to finish the ground and some money to spent to spruce up the bars would be a good shout IMO.

rambo.gif

Think a certain amount is going into a trust? Not sure on this but think the amber ribbon maybe doing something to the southstand bar? Sure I heard something like that last season but maybe way wrong! Would look a lot better if we could decorate it and make it abit better and more appealing. Isn't the club planning a picnic/family area/ stage for local bands area? Got an email about it last season?? If possible be nice for a quick update statement?? Just so we all know the plans and what's gone on so far. Have to say though the club is doing brill at keeping us all up to date. The new media team are very professional so Welldone tom Oliver and james and thank you :-)

No-one has a million pounds in their back pocket.

As has been stated on many occasions, the eventual Benefit from the Development will include

A 3g Floodlit Secure Training Pitch.

2 Floodlit 5 a side pitches.

A new Car Park.

New Road Structures around the stadium.

All this is provided,valued and paid for by the Developer.

In years to come, the Club will then benefit from the income streams

generated from the pitches.

Rambo - please put a £ value on what you believe to be a 'few

quid on the terrace'. You may be surprised at just what is required

before public access is allowed.

Archived