18 Sept: Qualifiers: Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm

The future is in the hands of your club Meast, but judging by your previous comments that seems to be what you are afraid of, have faith.

The quality of your squad is far to good to capitulate.

Could you tell me in your opinion was the sacking of Mr Anderson justified, did he set the rot in, or with Mr. Stone's appointment not having the desired effect, especially when a 'new coach' usually kick starts a team if for nothing else but the individuals desire to impress, could Mr Anderson have turned the season around?

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Hudds 14 Leeds 0

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hudds 20 Leeds 0

Hudds 20 Leeds 10.

Hudds 22 Leeds 14 FT.

But, but, but...it was Hudds by 8.

The future is in the hands of your club Meast, but judging by your previous comments that seems to be what you are afraid of, have faith.

Could you tell me in your opinion was the sacking of Mr Anderson justified, did he set the rot in, or with Mr. Stone's appointment not having the desired effect, especially when a 'new coach' usually kick starts a team if for nothing else but the individuals desire to impress, could Mr Anderson have turned the season around?

I can tell you my opinion FWIW, P Anderson did nothing for our style of play, which deteriorated steadily under his coaching, As soon as what N Brown had built up in players started to wain under P A Anderson, It  was a matter of time only before it all went belly up.

I don't know if Stone is the man or not, I would have expected to see some improvement, but it's early days. I, like a lot of Giants fans don''t think it  has all been about Coaching, something appears to be sadly amiss at the club.

Today is a good example, Giants were much the better side first half, Leeds were better second half but although we were under a lot of pressure from a side playing good football, we defended very well, Most weeks we have just caved in when the pressure came on, Breirley finally got a game today and our Attack looked so much better, Will he be there next week, Who knows.

Well done Giants, and well done Leeds for bringing good numbers.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Thanks for your thoughts GS, so in your opinion 6 of one half a dozen of the other, coach Anderson not good enough, but something amiss elsewhere.

If I was a Betting man I would have backed the Giants today, as I probably would next week, the squad is much to good to go down, for mine if PA can take them to the brink of the LLS last year how does he become so bad in the early part of next season? I do believe the player's are as much if not more to blame than he and Purtill have had to carry the can for.

P!eased for Ryan Brierley in your summing up, he is so much more than a finisher though he is very accomplished at that as he proved for you at Wigan early season, he has a very good pair of hands which was very much missed at Leigh till they managed to replace him with Drinkwater, if RS continues with him in the halves the more game time he has the better he will become.

Finally as a Leigh fan thanks for the result today it makes our game so much more interesting come Thursday with the Rhinos.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Personally i didn't want Anderson sacked no, i don't always believe that's the answer, however i can see why the board made that decision, Although at the moment we haven't really improved much under RS but his judgement will be when he has his own tools to work with , I am not sure if PA could have turned it round, but i think he should have been given a chance to.

Defence was a hell of a let better today, no doubt in part due to an experienced and defensively well organised full back, who cops some terrible flak from some sections of our support!

I actually thought we were better than scoreline suggests, we had our usual moment of switching off and Leeds posted 2 quick scores, but other than that, never really had a sniff, our defence handled most things the rhinos threw at us,

Very impressive performance which makes you wonder why the hell we couldn't see more of that during the last 8 months!

Defence was a hell of a let better today, no doubt in part due to an experienced and defensively well organised full back, who cops some terrible flak from some sections of our support!

I actually thought we were better than scoreline suggests, we had our usual moment of switching off and Leeds posted 2 quick scores, but other than that, never really had a sniff, our defence handled most things the rhinos threw at us,

Very impressive performance which makes you wonder why the hell we couldn't see more of that during the last 8 months!

The second half score was 14-8 to Leeds. that was a bit more than a moment of switching off, We were the better side over the whole game and rightly got the result, but Leeds  played some good football during that second half that had nothing to do with us switching off.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Archived