Barrow Raiders vs Halifax RLFC

Who will win?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Barrow Raiders
    • Halifax RLFC

You coming down all "media", Mick? "Worrincy pounces like a cat." I like it. ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You coming down all "media", Mick? "Worrincy pounces like a cat." I like it. ;)

PM me your address Tony, I'll post you a copy of the game. Because to be honest it's up there with the best.

P.S next year we'll have to take in some Championship games while your over here.

A good win for Halifax, although the porous defense weakness persists. Fev will hardly be trembling at the prospect of facing either of these two teams in the playoffs, albeit the end of season games can be a bit more intense than the games earlier in the season.

Come on Fax!

Crapola attendance that. Im shocked :O

It's a good job you haven't mocked any other club for declining attendances recently Mick, or you'd look quite the fool right about now.

This was one of the fixtures you were hoping would boost your seriously flagging attendances.

PM me your address Tony, I'll post you a copy of the game. Because to be honest it's up there with the best.

P.S next year we'll have to take in some Championship games while your over here.

I watched it, mate. The first half was good, but a bit one-sided in truth. The second half was fantastic as Barrow tried to undo all the damage they'd inflicted on themselves in the first. They almost did it, but Bauer's mistake (wicked bounce, but still a mistake) gifted Worrincy a try and that was that. Ah, the wonders of the internet!

Next year, I'd love to take in some Championship games, but it will need some planning. Easter is a possibility again, but a regular weekend offers the same number of possible games to see (Easter is Thur, Fri, Sat? & Mon; regular weekends are Thur, Fri, Sat & Sun - both offer 4 days). I'll plan it when the fixtures come out in November and let everyone know on here.

Does the attendance really matter?

I ask because I would expect poor attendances on Thursday evenings anyway. I can't imagine many away fans being able to travel and still get up for work on Friday (perhaps that's just me getting old, though?). Plus it's on the telly. Even home fans will think twice if there's bad weather.

So, I ask again. Does the attendance matter? I know the club would want to cover costs, obviously, but does it matter beyond that?

Does the attendance really matter?

I ask because I would expect poor attendances on Thursday evenings anyway. I can't imagine many away fans being able to travel and still get up for work on Friday (perhaps that's just me getting old, though?). Plus it's on the telly. Even home fans will think twice if there's bad weather.

So, I ask again. Does the attendance matter? I know the club would want to cover costs, obviously, but does it matter beyond that?

It wouldn't matter but then Mick has been throwing about all sort of accusations about my club and its attendances which are by far the best in the league. I'd leave him alone if he didn't bring Widnes into all his Barrow pimping posts but he doesn't, so because of that crowds like these are going to get pointed out to him.

It wouldn't matter but then Mick has been throwing about all sort of accusations about my club and its attendances which are by far the best in the league. I'd leave him alone if he didn't bring Widnes into all his Barrow pimping posts but he doesn't, so because of that crowds like these are going to get pointed out to him.

Barrow seem to have gone through the "crowds levelling off" phase and moved quickly on to the "crowds declining again" phase.

Sure Mick will confirm.

Then we can ask him what he thinks will happen to Barrow's crowd should they have to spend another 3 years in the championship. :dry:

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

I watched it, mate. The first half was good, but a bit one-sided in truth. The second half was fantastic as Barrow tried to undo all the damage they'd inflicted on themselves in the first. They almost did it, but Bauer's mistake (wicked bounce, but still a mistake) gifted Worrincy a try and that was that. Ah, the wonders of the internet!

Next year, I'd love to take in some Championship games, but it will need some planning. Easter is a possibility again, but a regular weekend offers the same number of possible games to see (Easter is Thur, Fri, Sat? & Mon; regular weekends are Thur, Fri, Sat & Sun - both offer 4 days). I'll plan it when the fixtures come out in November and let everyone know on here.

No worries mate.

See you next year in some capacity.

It's a good job you haven't mocked any other club for declining attendances recently Mick, or you'd look quite the fool right about now.

This was one of the fixtures you were hoping would boost your seriously flagging attendances.

You are correct i havent *****mocked***** any clubs over attendances merly pointed out to you and a couple of equel 1 eyed ######wits that your crowds while still the best by a long caulk are in fact declining, which is a fact.

Now because you are a 1 eyed ######wit, you take it as a personel attack, I can not help you out here, but can suggest councilling or a course of Haldol.

Yes i,ve swore in this post I thought id better as you fired several at me the other week when your meidication was misplaced or abused so I've levelled the playing field.

I was hoping that this fixture would boost out attendances & posted before you that I was shocked that it was in my opinion poor, if im right it was way down on last seasons fixture, im getting concerned that our crowds have levelled off if not declined this season Fax brought no more than 50 last night, the away following has been shocking at CP this season, the home support must be slightly down as well this term which is a worry.

Barrow seem to have gone through the "crowds levelling off" phase and moved quickly on to the "crowds declining again" phase.

Sure Mick will confirm.

Then we can ask him what he thinks will happen to Barrow's crowd should they have to spend another 3 years in the championship. :dry:

Sadly we are suffering pathetic away support from the other champs league 1 sides.

Our home support has levelled off if not slightly dipped to the 1700 + figure.

If we stay in this league for the next few seasons (which is nailed on certain) id guess we would go no lower than 1600/1700

As your crowds are down by a fair few hundreds and using the widnes forum posters comments on the various RL forums as a guide id say that (( if )) widnes were to stay in this division they would free fall to around 2000

Everyone is under the impression that your nailed on to be granted a SL stop, I truely hope for the 98% of widnes support and the town that you get your wish but..........................but the way 3 or 4 of you utter bores just can not accept any person posting what they see or hear about your club without you exploding into a little pubesent girl hissy fit, I may a little chuckle to my self if you dont.

Im sure if a group of Barrow fans were rounded up & carted away by the police for throwing bottles and causing disorder in a Blackpool pub on final day we'd have a 10 page thread about it started by some of you would,nt we.

What have I said that isnt true...............come on show the RL World, what are these "accusations"

going by your faces in the crowds at the end of Trains final someones done a roring trade in lemom sherberts, I enjoyed it that much I might have it as a screen saver :lol:

Sadly we are suffering pathetic away support from the other champs league 1 sides.

Our home support has levelled off if not slightly dipped to the 1700 + figure.

If we stay in this league for the next few seasons (which is nailed on certain) id guess we would go no lower than 1600/1700

As your crowds are down by a fair few hundreds and using the widnes forum posters comments on the various RL forums as a guide id say that (( if )) widnes were to stay in this division they would free fall to around 2000

Everyone is under the impression that your nailed on to be granted a SL stop, I truely hope for the 98% of widnes support and the town that you get your wish but..........................but the way 3 or 4 of you utter bores just can not accept any person posting what they see or hear about your club without you exploding into a little pubesent girl hissy fit, I may a little chuckle to my self if you dont.

Im sure if a group of Barrow fans were rounded up & carted away by the police for throwing bottles and causing disorder in a Blackpool pub on final day we'd have a 10 page thread about it started by some of you would,nt we.

You reap what you sow.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.