Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I hosted a disciplinary meeting last night as arranged by HR, they left me no investagatory notes so I had to wing the first 5 minutes.

I shall see you all on the fith level of Dante's Divine comedy :biggrin:

And so the future begins...

Today we had a Sea King and a Chinook on the helipad at work. We're used to the Sea Kings but the Chinook was a novelty.

All it needed was the Yorkshire Air Ambulance for the hat-trick.

I flew out of Sharana on a Sea King this morning. It got up, broke, turned round and went down again pretty quickly. So we all got on another one which wasn't broken and it dropped me off in Gardez after a lovely flight over the snow capped Hindu Kush. :smile:

Still never been in a Chinook though. :sad:

Black Hawks are pretty fab though !! :smile:

Edited by Haloman

Out of the blue HR have just arranged a meeting for the whole department for tomorrow morning. Speculation is rife, but with the new site recently opened in China, non of the speculation is very positive.

Time to start updating my CV I suspect :(

From a site of nearly 1000 people there are over 500 getting the bullet. I am not one of the unlucky ones, but most of us who will be left fear this is only a temporary reprieve. Many good friends will be leaving :sad:

Coincidence, recruitment at our new site in China is going really well......apparently....

From a site of nearly 1000 people there are over 500 getting the bullet. I am not one of the unlucky ones, but most of us who will be left fear this is only a temporary reprieve. Many good friends will be leaving :sad:

Coincidence, recruitment at our new site in China is going really well......apparently....

Welcome to the wonderful world of globalisation. Otherwise known as a bloody fast race to the bottom. :sad:

Welcome to the wonderful world of globalisation. Otherwise known as a bloody fast race to the bottom. :sad:

Indeed. The company currently employs around 100,000 people across the globe, but too many in countries that pay salaries that afford a reasonable standard of living. China and India are the way forward apparently, despite us already having serious quality concerns about the work currently being done in India. Management feel they can 'instill a culture change' in the way of working in India.....best of British luck to them....

I ordered a new Macbook Pro on Monday. It was despatched the same day. Since then, it has been to:

China (Monday)

Korea (Tuesday)

Kazakhstan (Wednesday)

Poland (Thursday)

Germany (Yesterday)

It's now stuck in customs and due for delivery on Tuesday.

I hope it got some nice tourist pictures on its world tour. :dry:

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I ordered a new Macbook Pro on Monday. It was despatched the same day. Since then, it has been to:

China (Monday)

Korea (Tuesday)

Kazakhstan (Wednesday)

Poland (Thursday)

Germany (Yesterday)

It's now stuck in customs and due for delivery on Tuesday.

I hope it got some nice tourist pictures on its world tour. :dry:

I take it you had some configurable options. Anyway, colour me jealous. My trusty 4 year old black macbook is starting to develop a crack round the seams :( and I can't justify forking out for a new one. Work is buying me a nice 27" iMac i7 though.

Fides invicta triumphat

I take it you had some configurable options. Anyway, colour me jealous. My trusty 4 year old black macbook is starting to develop a crack round the seams :( and I can't justify forking out for a new one. Work is buying me a nice 27" iMac i7 though.

Yep, 15" i7 with upgraded screen and a few extra bits & pieces. :)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just spent the day cycling up and down Rivington (not up to the pike though!). Knackered but what a cracking day. First real trip out on the bike since my accident and now really want to get a road bike.

Fides invicta triumphat

Sausaging goes well. Sold out the other week which was good.

On the down side, I broke my flask so no more sustaining tea of a morning.

On the upside, went back to Blighty last week via Leeds (where I met a very pretty young mum who had heard of me :unsure: ), and had a couple of nights back home with Mrs Timtum or Madame Saucisse as she does not like to be known.

t'other half searching for flash mobs came across http://bit.ly/4mRn61 - we're behind the times obv + missed a trend been doing the rounds for a while...but if I ever did again, it's the way to go

Edited by amh

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

My body is rebelling. It's telling me to stop being so bloody stupid and get back to bed for another hour. :sad:

I've got a permanent place now on four local markets which is a huge boost to my nascent business. Very happy indeed.

The competition ( a fella who comes down this neck of the woods from the Dordogne) has responded with a loss leader on his bangers. Interesting, and a bit of a compliment I feel. :tongue:

I've got a permanent place now on four local markets which is a huge boost to my nascent business. Very happy indeed.

The competition ( a fella who comes down this neck of the woods from the Dordogne) has responded with a loss leader on his bangers. Interesting, and a bit of a compliment I feel. :tongue:

I'm so glad it's going well for you Tim.

I'm hoping in a few years to be able to join you in the artisan ranks, with my own cask conditioned ale. Maybe with a range of honey too? :smile:

Need to keep earning and building up the capital first though. :sad:

Back to work Thursday after 8 weeks off, and I've booked my first jolly to Leigh for Good Friday...so only 11 working days to go

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Lee has never satisfied a woman.

None you'd ever have a chance with no, I doubt he's ever been that drunk he'd have to dip into the selection on offer to you :tongue: