Warrington V Fev .Sun 18th 1600

Stratobill

Who Do You Think Will Win   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Win, lose or draw

• Warrington To Win
    • Featherstone To Win
    • Draw after 80 mins
    • Warrington by Golden Point (extra time)
    • Fev by Golden Point (extra time)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't guess daryl's team selection rob, but we aren't going to win this comp. But we're giving ourselves at bloody good shout at the championship which must be the priority.

You'll get your day out in the GF hopefully which is far more meaningful to the club IMO than a jolly up in warrington in a competition we have no chance of winning

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Warrington by a huge margin - maybe 50! The gulf in class is huge.

Will it spoil the day out for those making the journey???? Will it hellaslike!!! :D:D

I'm with you Robin. There is no way that a full time Super League side should loose to a team of part timers like ours. Even the teams in our league who are full time do not have the class players to trouble the likes of Warrington. I think that Barrow have more chance of winning at Cas than we have of winning at Warrington. I hope the margin is less that 50, but I wouldn't be surprised. As many others say, so long as we do the best we can, I will be happy. Competitions we have a chance of winning has to be our priority this year, not one in which we have no chance.

Edited by frankj

What nobody seems to be mentioning is that tolouse also have a tough cup game, away to St helens on the Saturday, they may get a days extra rest but i dont think that will give them any advantage especially with it being our home game. I personally think we should play our strongest side because i reckon the buzz they will get from playing warrington will do them more good than harm, but what do i know

Then again as i dived under the sticks on Saturday at the grand old age of 42 probably a lot more than you

Somebody told me ya fell over the line exhausted and they had to get an iron lung to get you going again :lol:

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Back on topic then:-

Toulouse is the important one as far as the season goes. Look how Fax went after the Cas game. The club has to stay focussed ont he league - the cup is a distraction for our league. It gives us a day out for a beer and a sing song and if we're lucky with the draw, an opportunity to make a few bob. But that's it.

The league - and a GF appearance has got to remain our main aim. I'm not risk averse, but the necessity to put on a decent show in front of the cameras is more important IMO!

According to tonights evening post Daryl isn't keen on risking some of our senior team members preferring to rest them for toulouse. But he does say he will chat with the players to gain their reaction.I for one will not criticise whatever they do it is a tough cookie with such a short turnaround but with those sort of players missing for Warrington it does tempt you into sending a full side. What do others think?????

Back on topic then:-

Toulouse is the important one as far as the season goes. Look how Fax went after the Cas game. The club has to stay focussed ont he league - the cup is a distraction for our league. It gives us a day out for a beer and a sing song and if we're lucky with the draw, an opportunity to make a few bob. But that's it.

The league - and a GF appearance has got to remain our main aim. I'm not risk averse, but the necessity to put on a decent show in front of the cameras is more important IMO!

Nobody is saying otherwise, but i reckon we can give the Wires a good game then back up with a similair team to beat tolouse. Playing against top quality super league players and doing well will give the players bucket loads of confidence, and if we pick up 1 or 2 injuries there is plenty of players to come in that wont weaken the team

Nobody is saying otherwise, but i reckon we can give the Wires a good game then back up with a similair team to beat tolouse. Playing against top quality super league players and doing well will give the players bucket loads of confidence, and if we pick up 1 or 2 injuries there is plenty of players to come in that wont weaken the team

We have to play our srongest team in my opinion, if we don't it makes mockery of the game. The lads will give it their best shot im sure, these guys have a winnng mentality more than any Fev side I ever remember, we have a better chance of beating the wire for many a year. They have no Briers no Monaghan and Carvell is also out.

I recon we could beat Tolouse with 4 or 5 regulars missing we have so much depth.

But there's a danger that we play against Warrington and not do well, I'm not sure that being on the wrong end of a 60 point thrashing would do the confidence any good at all. If we put up a good showing, I agree, it'll boost the confidence,but Warrington are a damned good side, from a league above, even with half a dozen first team regulars out.

Edited by Steve Smith

But there's a danger that we play against Warrington and not do well, I'm not sure that being on the wrong end of a 60 point thrashing would do the confidence any good at all. If we put up a good showing, I agree, it'll boost the confidence,but Warrington are a damned good side, from a league above, even with half a dozen first team regulars out.

All i know is if i had been playing in the 1st team so far, i would deffo want to turn out against them to prove myself, surely thats what its all about. It wont effect us that much the following Thursday, Tolouse have a game just as tough as us and there squad is not as good, plus they have to travel to us. If we pick a few knocks up against Warrington a few changes the following Thursday wouldnt weaken the side that much and the players that come in will be determined to stay in the team. Plus there will be around 500 fans paying good money some can ill afford to make the trip, surely deserves a thought. Anyway whatever DP decides will do for me, he has turned this club around with the help off some fantastic hard working people on the board, our infrastructure and future is brighter than many teams and some in super league, i wouldnt swap our situation with Cas or Wakeys. Would be nice to get the jaw dropping announcement in the ponte express next thursday the same day as the sky cameras come to town, then we really can show them we mean business

Edited by LOWFIELD

It wont effect us that much the following Thursday, Tolouse have a game just as tough as us and there squad is not as good, plus they have to travel to us. If we pick a few knocks up against Warrington a few changes the following Thursday wouldnt weaken the side that much and the players that come in will be determined to stay in the team. Plus there will be around 500 fans paying good money some can ill afford to make the trip, surely deserves a thought. Anyway whatever DP decides will do for me, he has turned this club around with the help off some fantastic hard working people on the board, our infrastructure and future is brighter than many teams and some in super league, i wouldnt swap our situation with Cas or Wakeys. Would be nice to get the jaw dropping announcement in the ponte express next thursday the same day as the sky cameras come to town, then we really can show them we mean business

Doesn't matter what Toulose have or have not at the weekend. Our team is what matters. You can't possibly know that it won't make that much effect. Knocks to Briggs and Finn would certainly effect the prep for Thursday!

Plus there will be around 500 fans paying good money some can ill afford to make the trip, surely deserves a thought. Anyway whatever DP decides will do for me, he has turned this club around with the help off some fantastic hard working people on the board, our infrastructure and future is brighter than many teams and some in super league, i wouldnt swap our situation with Cas or Wakeys. Would be nice to get the jaw dropping announcement in the ponte express next thursday the same day as the sky cameras come to town, then we really can show them we mean business

That in essence is the deal. Looking at the comments in the YEP Daryl seems to be viewing Thursday as the priority.

As DMS says, Thursday is the deal - keep us on a roll and go to the GF!

Edited by Robin Evans