Stratobill

Fev Anthem   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Lyrics

• Killers Lyrics
    • Supporters Lyrics
    • Mixture of Both
    • Different Song (post ideas below)

I suggested a few weeks ago that it would be great if we had our own club anthem for us all to sing to when the players run out b4 kick off and to motivate us all during the game. The best idea so far has been the song Human By the Killers. I have thought of a few alternative lyrics that will make a great anthem that goes great with the tune or do we just sing the original lyrics? The lyrics for me need to be impersonal to the present players so it can last like "You ll Never Walk Alone "does. They need to also be catchy and motivational but not too repetitive. I have suggested maybe a few of us meet up to look at lyrics as it will be quite difficult doing it via the forum but any ideas would be considered to put into the song. I will post a few ideas later when I have received the music via Lorne and when I return back to Fev land.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

I think that the club has got it spot on with "GO ROVERS GO". Great touch.

aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, NO ROVERS NO!

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

cant somebody do something with Ac/Dcs whole lotta rosie. Change to whole lot of rovers? Would normally think of something myself but watching Keighly game again fuelled by a gallon of red stripe

cant somebody do something with Ac/Dcs whole lotta rosie. Change to whole lot of rovers?

That's what i use for my screen name if i go on the other forum. :lol: Seeing 'em at download this year - can't wait.

Would love to hear the fans belting that 1 out even if it is about a fat girl

Is that Dimebag in your pic?

Fev's motto: "Consilio et Animis" - By Wisdom & Courage

C*s' motto: "Quod est Aedificemus Anno Altero" - We'll build it next year

This just reminded me, when we beat halifax last season at the shay after going 18 - 0 down in the first half, me and my little bro was listening to 'the greatest man that ever lived' by weezer but changed the lyrics from:

I am the greatest man that ever lived,

I was born to give and give and give

To

We are the greatest team that ever was,

we were born, to win and win and win!

Good drive home :D

UP THE ROVERS!

If and when Featherstone Rovers achieve eutopia this song, in my HO is the song that epitomises the feelings of all our fans:

"Today is the greatest day I have ever known". It is a song by a band called The Smashing Pumpkins. Their career in someways represents a microcosm of the history of Featherstone Rovers, ultmate highs and ultimate lows but this song says it all, play it on You tube if you've never heard it. I love the Stone Roses and went to Spike island in "89", but I'm sorry this anthem blows it away for me. Soz Rob.

I suggested a few weeks ago that it would be great if we had our own club anthem for us all to sing to when the players run out b4 kick off and to motivate us all during the game. The best idea so far has been the song Human By the Killers. I have thought of a few alternative lyrics that will make a great anthem that goes great with the tune or do we just sing the original lyrics? The lyrics for me need to be impersonal to the present players so it can last like "You ll Never Walk Alone "does. They need to also be catchy and motivational but not too repetitive. I have suggested maybe a few of us meet up to look at lyrics as it will be quite difficult doing it via the forum but any ideas would be considered to put into the song. I will post a few ideas later when I have received the music via Lorne and when I return back to Fev land.

Our good m8 has been singing the killers song and just changing Dancers for Rovers, no other lyrics need changing, he will get round to singing it in the clubhouse after a game shortly, when we can get the dvd with music and words (karaoki version) promise it will bring the house down.

I like the idea of having our own anthem, music for me is so evocative and can bring back very strong emotions and memories. i prefer the idea of using a modern song with the lyrics slightly altered. But please lets not make it too twee or smaltzy.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

I like the idea of having our own anthem, music for me is so evocative and can bring back very strong emotions and memories. i prefer the idea of using a modern song with the lyrics slightly altered. But please lets not make it too twee or smaltzy.

Not smaltzy or twee, how about the theme tune of Bullseye?

anyway just been looking down the list of contributors I'm hogging it a bit. That's me till August now or till the mysterious angel weaves his wisdom.

Edited by Andrew Vause

cant somebody do something with Ac/Dcs whole lotta rosie. Change to whole lot of rovers? Would normally think of something myself but watching Keighly game again fuelled by a gallon of red stripe

That's what i use for my screen name if i go on the other forum. :lol: Seeing 'em at download this year - can't wait.

Would love to hear the fans belting that 1 out even if it is about a fat girl

Is that Dimebag in your pic?

ahh the memories.......first time i saw em august 1981 monsters of rock

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

Our good m8 has been singing the killers song and just changing Dancers for Rovers, no other lyrics need changing, he will get round to singing it in the clubhouse after a game shortly, when we can get the dvd with music and words (karaoki version) promise it will bring the house down.

Exactly Suggy.

As I understand it, my short round bouncey little mate has procured a CD (via lorne I think) suitable for Karaoke and a public performance in the clubhouse of Suggy's mates singing the killers Human is to be foisted on the unsuspecting public!!

Now I'm not really one for Anthem's etc, (tho I still maintain 'This is the one, Stone Roses would be cracking 'run-out' music), but changing just one word - Dancer to Rovers, appears to have the desired effect when the boys are in singing mood - usually accompanied by the Carlsberg enema!!!

No need to think - no need for extensive lyrics - just change one word and Robert's your eldest brother - worked a treat for em at Warrington I hear!!! Clothing is optional! :lol::lol:

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Exactly Suggy.

As I understand it, my short round bouncey little mate has procured a CD (via lorne I think) suitable for Karaoke and a public performance in the clubhouse of Suggy's mates singing the killers Human is to be foisted on the unsuspecting public!!

Now I'm not really one for Anthem's etc, (tho I still maintain 'This is the one, Stone Roses would be cracking 'run-out' music), but changing just one word - Dancer to Rovers, appears to have the desired effect when the boys are in singing mood - usually accompanied by the Carlsberg enema!!!

No need to think - no need for extensive lyrics - just change one word and Robert's your eldest brother - worked a treat for em at Warrington I hear!!! Clothing is optional! :lol::lol:

Bring the house down he will trust me

Exactly Suggy.

Bang on there mate but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, no chubby half naked guys. :lol:

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Wot If instead of "are we Human , are we Rovers " we could have "Are we Tigers or are we Rovers"

The Tigers could be easily replaced by who ever we are playin on the day

There are lots of lyrics that make it a Rovers Anthem instead of just a song.

The beginning could easily be changed to " Were cheering on the Rovers, Cos were the best team of all time, We never will be mastered by you at any time "

Got a few more if anyone thinks its worth pursuing

Lookin forward to seein it performed with the original Killers lyrics as lots are ravin bout it.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

it's not something i'm that bothered about tbh. It doesn't excite me any - not that i'm saying its a bad idea like. I don't even like the killers.

However, when suggy's collection of mates are in full flow, usually after the carling has been in full flow, it's difficult to ignore.

The change of one word sort of gets everyone singing in full voice - and until you've seen it you've no idea how ridiculous they sound, but how compulsive it is! Funny but extremely infective. You can't ignore the hook "are we rovers"!

It's a song i can't stand yet i've been singing it all bloody day with the one word change and feelin a right richard when i realise i'm doing it!

I still prefer peace and quiet! Bah bleedin humbug!

OR I was kiddin mate it's the worse thing since my mam caught me with cosmopolitan as a teenager in my bedroom. By the way nice to put a face to the name.

i think my avatar is spot on, don't know how you 've missed me Andrew.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

The lyrics dont mention owt bout Fev though

A club anthem should be about the Club and its supporters?

I am not out to cause argument or dispute the affect of the guy who has been singing the tune but we all have our views so cant see a problem in using the original and maybe a shorter version with FEV lyrics (maybe just the chorus) that we will all remember more easily than a full kareoki song that we can sing during the game

Your thoughts please

Supporters lyrics for the anthem is currently more popular in the vote. Has anyone else wrote any of their own lyrics for the Fev Anthem? I just completed mine but want ma boy to hear em first b4 I totally embarrass myself on the forum :D

Edited by Stratobill

Supporters lyrics for the anthem is currently more popular in the vote. Has anyone else wrote any of their owt lyrics for the Fev Anthem? I just completed mine but want ma boy to hear em first b4 I totally embarrass myself on the forum :D

The thing is m8 if your were going to pick an anthem with words about Fev in it you wouldnt pick the Killers song because basically its shiiiite, the beat is down and a bit depressing. The only reason the song works is because my m8 sings "r we human, Or r we Rovers" and when weve all had a few we all put our glasses in the air and shout "r we rovers" along with him, ale gets slopped all over and we all go home happy. Thats basically it

Perhaps you should do the electric 6 - "Gay bar"!! :lol::lol:

Well I'm on my knees waiting for an answer.......... etc!!! :lol::lol::lol:

The song is a pointless dirge! But Funny as owt when sung by you lot en masse in a fuelled frenzy of jingoistic roverism! :lol: