Who is going to stop us?

Weeman88

:D

(btw whats happened to the Leythers XIII side? all gone quite since the big guy, i want to say gaz?, stepped down)

I've not played for a couple of years now (since we played in one of the last games at Hilton Park, come to think of it), think a lot of the players went playing for Leigh East's 3rd team which pretty decimated numbers. Think there are efforts to get it started again though, a few of us had a game of tick and pass the other week and hopefully it'll grow again like it did when we began 7 (!) years ago.

I was sat next to a couple of Leythers in away tops asked em if they'd come to see a proper team play on the way by, was that you's?

Yeah, that was us.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic was always gonna end in abuse, yes someone will beat us anyone in league is capable of beating us, i reckon it will be who ever plays us with leahy as ref :dry:

Also us at fev dont have massive amounts of cash like barrow to sign big name players like rooney, having said that i think our recruits have proven fantastic.

End of day we enjoy every game as it comes, win lose or draw, keep coming back supporting team through thick or thin, super league or not!!

voohli.jpg

This topic was always gonna end in abuse, yes someone will beat us anyone in league is capable of beating us, i reckon it will be who ever plays us with leahy as ref :dry:

Also us at fev dont have massive amounts of cash like barrow to sign big name players like rooney, having said that i think our recruits have proven fantastic.

End of day we enjoy every game as it comes, win lose or draw, keep coming back supporting team through thick or thin, super league or not!!

dont really agree with that we have more money than you think but dont spend it willy nilly for short term gains ie Zac hardacre

YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

dont really agree with that we have more money than you think but dont spend it willy nilly for short term gains ie Zac hardacre

I think the thread did get out of hand and I agree with what the majority of Fev fans are saying. We are not cash rich at Barrow but have spent wisely. Des does put his money where his mouth is and we all laughed when he said at the 2008 presentation night that we would be Champions.

This league is the closest it has been for many years with the dual registration and IMO better management structures. We are not a million miles from SL which makes every game exciting.

I would much rather watch this league than that Super dooper league.

Edited by soss

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

wish you would spell his name right :lol: Zac Hardaker :P

What i meant was, we would never have been able to afford rooney, didnt we offer catic a deal but he went to barrow?

Oh and soss the dual registration is something i dont agree with, its ok to win our league with 3/4 players that aint yours but what will teams do when they actually gotta get there own players in?

And yes our league is more entertaining than super league

voohli.jpg

Spelling never was my strong point.......i hope your a girl cos if not i'm very worried about you!!!!! ;)

his wife hopes he isn't a girl :lol:

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

wish you would spell his name right :lol: Zac Hardaker :P

What i meant was, we would never have been able to afford rooney, didnt we offer catic a deal but he went to barrow?

Oh and soss the dual registration is something i dont agree with, its ok to win our league with 3/4 players that aint yours but what will teams do when they actually gotta get there own players in?

And yes our league is more entertaining than super league

we dont have dual reg players here and i dont agree with it but it has brought teams alot closer. we do have players on loan wich is a different senario.

not sure what the RFL were thinking with dual players.....Feeder clubs???? not the route CL wants to go.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

we dont have dual reg players here and i dont agree with it but it has brought teams alot closer. we do have players on loan wich is a different senario.

not sure what the RFL were thinking with dual players.....Feeder clubs???? not the route CL wants to go.

Yh i was mainly talking about leigh and widnes, loans are a better agreement, its like ainscough, dual contract at widnes, then loaned to cas then back on dual contract, should limit it to 3 players a season max, id much rather see teams bring there youth through ranks like we are.

voohli.jpg

Yh i was mainly talking about leigh and widnes, loans are a better agreement, its like ainscough, dual contract at widnes, then loaned to cas then back on dual contract, should limit it to 3 players a season max, id much rather see teams bring there youth through ranks like we are.

Most of our reserves have left to play for Workington (loan and transfer) so we are starting again with a very youthful side with little experience. Bringing Butler back to bolster the side has helped but do we now have the depth of squad needed at this level..

It all takes time and effort...

So you wont mind losing the league or the Grand Final then (cant mention the NRC or CC). I would love to hear your definition of a MAJOR Trophy......

You still think your SL and that the problem. Your a Championship Side now the same as the rest of us and any trophy achieved in your league is Major.

" A CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE NOW" never been anything else

You still think your SL and that the problem ????????? never been super league

good night :D

"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

GARYS.gif

Can see what you mean as our dual players have all done well for us this season, with Emmitt and Mitchell particularly establishing themselves as crowd favourites.

However, Stuart Donlan, Steve Maden, Chris Hill, Jimmy Taylor, Adam Higson, Danny Meekin and Ian Mort all come through our academy, while Tim Hartley, Tommy Goulden, Ricky Bibey and Martyn Ridyard all began with Leigh East or Leigh Miners so it's not as if we aren't doing our own development as well.

" A CHAMPIONSHIP SIDE NOW" never been anything else

You still think your SL and that the problem ????????? never been super league

good night :D

your about 6 hours too late mate...i explained what I ment further down. Just didnt make myself clear.

Bit early for bed isnt it? :lol:

Layther Matt,

You can see the difference with some teams, no need to say who, that dual players have made. your structure is great with depth from home grown talent. I just question the need and reason for dual reg and fear a deeper motive from the RFL.

The loan structure was fine and gave players and clubs stability, as you pointed out look at Ainscough.

Yeah, that was us.

Nice 1 mate, it was a pleasure meetin, you always come across as a decent bloke when posting on here.

Hope u didn't get a headache from bein sat next to me for 80mins lol

Fev's motto: "Consilio et Animis" - By Wisdom & Courage

C*s' motto: "Quod est Aedificemus Anno Altero" - We'll build it next year

Layther Matt,

You can see the difference with some teams, no need to say who, that dual players have made. your structure is great with depth from home grown talent. I just question the need and reason for dual reg and fear a deeper motive from the RFL.

The loan structure was fine and gave players and clubs stability, as you pointed out look at Ainscough.

Can see your point, and I think we'd probably be the type of club that the RFL would hope up as an example as we've done exactly as the Super League club wants in terms of giving that little bit extra to the likes of Mitchell and Emmitt that now sees them knocking on the first team door at their respective clubs. Doesn't do us much good though if they're going to get recalled every other week - the only benefit I can see over the loan system is that the turnaround is much quicker from both sides' point of view.

Nice 1 mate, it was a pleasure meetin, you always come across as a decent bloke when posting on here.

Hope u didn't get a headache from bein sat next to me for 80mins lol

As anyone who has stood within 20 feet of me at Leyth games will tesity, it might be a little hypocritical for me to accuse anyone of being too loud :D

Certainly looking forward to our game at the LSV, and the away game at your place is always a good booze up regardless!