Has JJP signed for Wakey next season ?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more pertinent question here is about Wakefield's signing policy. Wouldnt they have been better giving an opportunity to a British (or even French) lad rather than gamble on a PNG player? This is what the abolishment of P&R was supposed to nurture.

It was. Though I think this may be more about the med/long term future of the club. As you say - I doubt he'll be owt special. But I doubt Trinity can be confident of a licence beyond 2012 and as such can't commit to longer contracts or attracting the type of impact player in the centre that a longer contract might do. It's rumoured Trinity are on their @rse financially and may well also be reflected in the type of player (value) they can sign.

Good players usually come with bigger demands.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Typical Sun! :dry:

'Featherstone have signed up all the players they want to retain'

Some yes, all..... very questionable! Who is signed on for next year? Who isn't being offered a contract extension?

'We have our sights set for a franchise for 2014'.

Does this mean we are going in early to beat the rush??

The weak conform, the strong survive.

It would be nice of him to help us put a tick in the box before he goes then eh?

Grand final hat-trick would do nicely thankyou

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

do you know Paul, I'm really up t'tash wi that soddin phrase now! Ticky box this, ticky box that blah blah blah!!!!

It's on every bloody forum! bah bleedin humbug! :dry:

do you know Paul, I'm really up t'tash wi that soddin phrase now! Ticky box this, ticky box that blah blah blah!!!!

As a Leigh fan said on here a few months back, ticked boxes dont matter to him, his captain lifting a trophy does, I agree fully with that.

Cummins Out.

I beg your pardon lol

I agree i want to see Stu lifting silverwear but if we are to aspire to the clubs aspirations or at least get knocked back the the tennis bloke if we "tick a box" at least we give ourselves the best chance

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

You misunderstand Paul! It's not the process - it's the bloody phrase "Ticking a box"!!! It just annoys the cak out o'me!! Another corporate buzz word(s)!!!

Pile o'cak!

Just win the bloody GF and have done wi it! The RFL can turn us down for Widnes and look daft doing it but what the hell. I'll still be watching Fev til I can't!!!

Edited by Robin Evans

You misunderstand Paul! It's not the process - it's the bloody phrase "Ticking a box"!!! It just annoys the cak out o'me!! Another corporate buzz word(s)!!!

Pile o'cak!

Just win the bloody GF and have done wi it! The RFL can turn us down for Widnes and look daft doing it but what the hell. I'll still be watching Fev til I can't!!!

Oh right now i get it - check ;-)

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Does anyone really think that a club for instance say Salford have enjoyed their time in super league as much as we have this season in the championship. Stuff SUPER DOOPER. Controversial I know. And Ive heard all this about we must aspire to be at the top. Yes but only on a level playing field.Fev are Fev to me I.ll watch them in any division but I aint obsessed with SUPER DOOPER. What thrills they have given us at Leigh Barrow Halifax and Widnes this season. Im not bothered about Rugby League and who runs it but I am bothered about Featherstone Rovers

Does anyone really think that a club for instance say Salford have enjoyed their time in super league as much as we have this season in the championship. Stuff SUPER DOOPER. Controversial I know. And Ive heard all this about we must aspire to be at the top. Yes but only on a level playing field.Fev are Fev to me I.ll watch them in any division but I aint obsessed with SUPER DOOPER. What thrills they have given us at Leigh Barrow Halifax and Widnes this season. Im not bothered about Rugby League and who runs it but I am bothered about Featherstone Rovers

Well said that man

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

I said summat along the same lines before we went to the wire match; I'd rather watch us at the top of this league, winning regularly, than watchin us gettin beat more often than not in super league. I pretty much got laughed at.

Fev's motto: "Consilio et Animis" - By Wisdom & Courage

C*s' motto: "Quod est Aedificemus Anno Altero" - We'll build it next year

I've said all along that we need to know our place, and our place is right here. Best football ive seen us play in years. Very competative league full of true Rugby fans! Look at what Batley just did to Leigh- you don't see that in SL!

<br />I've said all along that we need to know our place, and our place is right here. Best football ive seen us play in years. Very competative league full of true Rugby fans! Look at what Batley just did to Leigh- you don't see that in SL!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Nail on the head mick

I want to see my team playing at the top level, and that top level is superleague. Of course I wish it were a fair system, but I believe we should be aspiring to get there whatever the rules.

Anything I post is a personal opinion

I would love us to get the new ground, win the grand final, build a loyal crowd of 3000 and win a franchise and.......

And then say no thanks, and let every one know our refusal is on moral grounds.

Now I know this is not likely on many levels, not least the offer will never come. I would feel a hypocrite going up to super league, as things stand.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

I want to see my team playing at the top level, and that top level is superleague. Of course I wish it were a fair system, but I believe we should be aspiring to get there whatever the rules.

Spot on, couldn't agree more.

We truly are where we belong guys! (and also Top o the league!) This is our top level! get into SL and we risk losing the club all together.

i know we've debated this afoore mick. And as things are at the mo, i'd agree with you.

But steady business planning, increase crowds/turnover and we would operate at the lower end of sl.

Other than a purple patch in the 70's we've never dominated the game like bigger clubs can and have.

And there's the rub. Since wakey's win in 98 they've managed play offs a couple of times and got to a cup semi. Salford have done no better.

So, do we want to be top/best in our league and enjoy that, or do we want to fev, circumstances being agreeable, having a pop at the big guys. Personally, i'd go for the sl opportunity if the club could sustain it. Tell ya, next friday's euromillions is mine. Then it's fev city rock n roll! :lol:

Im a realist mate and know in my heart that we aint going any further than this, thing is im happy with this. The club is close enough for everyone to approach and feel a part of, if it were bigger then cometh the inflated ego's and closed doors and cold shoulders. To be up there and be successfull in todays climate the club would need to become a corporate monster.

If this club was in Doncaster then we'd be in SL, thats how close we are- 9 miles from SL. We're only 2 miles from Cas, 6 from Wakey, it just isnt going to happen, there's too many heads trying to feed from the same trough!!

I wouldnt belive the sun if they told me today was saturday remember the lies told about the hillsborough tragedy but if he goes good kuck to the lad he owes us nowt!

Personnaly,however, I don't think jesse is super league standard hasnt got that explosive pace over first ten yards unlike zac. I would be more dissapointed if we lost welham

Im a realist mate and know in my heart that we aint going any further than this, thing is im happy with this. The club is close enough for everyone to approach and feel a part of, if it were bigger then cometh the inflated ego's and closed doors and cold shoulders. To be up there and be successfull in todays climate the club would need to become a corporate monster.

If this club was in Doncaster then we'd be in SL, thats how close we are- 9 miles from SL. We're only 2 miles from Cas, 6 from Wakey, it just isnt going to happen, there's too many heads trying to feed from the same trough!!

Absolutely Mick, that's one thing I have always really enjoyed about our club since the inception of SL.

Burger van, Wednesday reserves game - wearing pink flowery pinny was one of our directors!! Andy, like Mark, Prouty etc or even Ryan and Daryl are like the rest of us. Ordinary gadgie's that are dead right and so easily approachable and are quite happy to talk seriously or talk cak about all things fev - or owt else for that matter.

My signature at the bottom of my profile has been with me for 3 years now. I still stand by Martin's words!!

I wouldnt belive the sun if they told me today was saturday remember the lies told about the hillsborough tragedy but if he goes good kuck to the lad he owes us nowt!

Personnaly,however, I don't think jesse is super league standard hasnt got that explosive pace over first ten yards unlike zac. I would be more dissapointed if we lost welham

I totally agree with you here. JJP will be making a huge mistake here though I do hope not. These players get their heads turned by over zealous agents. They see them having one or two good games in the championship and they are on the band wagon. Its only my opinion but I think JJP is a quality championship player and that is all. But if the rumours are true and if he wants this for himself and not just for a jack the lad agent I will be the first to wish him well. But my advice to him would be to think hard before making the step up.