Bottom falling out of Leighs push

A big well done to batley today Leigh are looking pretty ordinary of late without the pooper scooper league players they borrow.

unfortunately i can't see them bringing many followers to ours, didn't even take many to Batley today and they should have expected to win that one being the team second in the table with only 2 league defeats

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big well done to batley today Leigh are looking pretty ordinary of late without the pooper scooper league players they borrow.

unfortunately i can't see them bringing many followers to ours, didn't even take many to Batley today and they should have expected to win that one being the team second in the table with only 2 league defeats

aye, NO Donlan, Ridyard, R. Paul, Bibey, Taylor, + the dual reg players.

THURSDAY IS WHAT MATTERS, the league is 2nd choice, for now.

Leigh's weaker team played poor today, but i'm not really bothered.

We have won games with none or just 1 dual reg player playing for us, were you aware of that ?

aye, NO Donlan, Ridyard, R. Paul, Bibey, Taylor, + the dual reg players.

THURSDAY IS WHAT MATTERS, the league is 2nd choice, for now.

Leigh's weaker team played poor today, but i'm not really bothered.

We have won games with none or just 1 dual reg player playing for us, were you aware of that ?

Okay, lets get things straight here.

First of all, Leigh shouldn't be even be in this divison.

Two, you can only beat what's in front of you and (according to an ex-Leigh player I was talking to) that was the best they had Leigh had without the duel-reg and Paul (Bibey hasn't been breaking any pots)

Three, Leigh seem reliant on their duel-reg players rather them being the luxuary tthey are at Batley (feeder club for Warrington and Wigan?)

Four, Batley are no fools. We have a top coach and a very good group of players.

Five, hanging thier hat on the NR Cup is pathetic.

And fianlly, I think I speak for most Batley fans, that if we don't tick one (or both) Supler Leage boxes, we will be squarely behing the Rovers in the play-off.

Illusions of grandeur form Leigh. License - No chance!

Okay, lets get things straight here.

First of all, Leigh shouldn't be even be in this divison.

Two, you can only beat what's in front of you and (according to an ex-Leigh player I was talking to) that was the best they had Leigh had without the duel-reg and Paul (Bibey hasn't been breaking any pots)

Three, Leigh seem reliant on their duel-reg players rather them being the luxuary tthey are at Batley (feeder club for Warrington and Wigan?)

Four, Batley are no fools. We have a top coach and a very good group of players.

Five, hanging thier hat on the NR Cup is pathetic.

And fianlly, I think I speak for most Batley fans, that if we don't tick one (or both) Supler Leage boxes, we will be squarely behing the Rovers in the play-off.

Illusions of grandeur form Leigh. License - No chance!

Leigh played very badly today and despite the comment about lack of support ask the Batley chairman wether he thinks Leigh's following today was poor.

Re the post about Leigh should not be in this league the guy must be a total ignoramus.

We will have quite a few at your place when we play you and normal service will be resumed this Thursday.

Re the post about Leigh should not be in this league the guy must be a total ignoramus.

Can you quantify this please ? I think you're the ignorant one hear ?

9 Leigh Centurions 20 9 0 11 4 420 572 -152 1,984 31

10 Toulouse Olympique XIII 20 9 0 11 3 556 582 -26 2,372 30

11 Doncaster RLFC * 20 1 0 19 5 257 955 -698 669 -1

Thank God the RFL took pity on you.

NO WE ARE NOT.

Lee Mitchell (not played for us for about 2 months) is a great player.

Jake Emmitt is a TOP front rower in this division, played around 50% of our games.

Matty Blythe is the nearest to being a regular, is a good attacking option, but his defence is poor at times.

Tyrone Mccarthy has only played for us twice in the past 2 months, and is a good player, but nowt special.

If I was Millward, would pick Mitchell & Emmitt every week if I could, but the other 2, not so sure.

Leigh are not playing great at the moment, we can't all be as brilliant as Fev.

Can you quantify this please ? I think you're the ignorant one hear ?

9 Leigh Centurions 20 9 0 11 4 420 572 -152 1,984 31

10 Toulouse Olympique XIII 20 9 0 11 3 556 582 -26 2,372 30

11 Doncaster RLFC * 20 1 0 19 5 257 955 -698 669 -1

Thank God the RFL took pity on you.

What are you on ? Grow up lad and start talking sense.

NO WE ARE NOT.

Jake Emmitt is a TOP front rower in this division, played around 50% of our games.

Matty Blythe is the nearest to being a regular, is a good attacking option, but his defence is poor at times.

Tyrone Mccarthy has only played for us twice in the past 2 months, and is a good player, but nowt special.

If I was Millward, would pick Mitchell & Emmitt every week if I could, but the other 2, not so sure.

Good result today but i for one wont be looking further than next game, take each one as it comes, a defeat for leigh only puts more pressure on us to maintane out good form.

On the subject of dual players, is it true they must play in 75% of league matches to be able to play in playoffs? just something i heard

voohli.jpg

Budgie owd cock, after you lost to us the mantra was "we were tired"!

Today's mantra is "we had players missing"!!

Batley are no mugs and are finding some form. Today you were beaten by a good side. The argument whether the result would have been any different if you had other players available is purely hypotheitcal.

Batley beat Leigh today cos they were the better of the two teams today - excuses for that defeat remain academic! :rolleyes:

Same as when fev lost to toulouse!!!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

NO WE ARE NOT.

Do you realise you are replying to a Batley fan not a fev fan?

there is some truth to what he says though, your form has dipped over the last 2 months... about the time you've been missing your most of your best DR players

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling

Plastering

Bathroom fitting

Fencing

Guttering

Insurance work

Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

Brilliant??? Ignoring the fact that you we're responding to a Batley fan, You won't find many "country mile" comments on this forum Birdie! We're just having a decent season for a change. It's been a while.

Budgie owd cock, after you lost to us the mantra was "we were tired"!

Today's mantra is "we had players missing"!!

Batley are no mugs and are finding some form. Today you were beaten by a good side. The argument whether the result would have been any different if you had other players available is purely hypotheitcal.

Batley beat Leigh today cos they were the better of the two teams today - excuses for that defeat remain academic! :rolleyes:

Same as when fev lost to toulouse!!!!

Well I think that is fair enough.

What are you on ? Grow up lad and start talking sense.

That's a well reasoned response that addresses all the issues. Certainly shot me down in flames!

We should have been playing Gateshead today or had a free week.

Roll on Thursday!

That's a well reasoned response that addresses all the issues. Certainly shot me down in flames!

We should have been playing Gateshead today or had a free week.

Roll on Thursday!

You see that is what I am getting at and you are doing the same as your fellow supporter although your spelling is better.

Batley won today.Well done and I am not concerned about that but what does annoy me is this Leigh have no right in this league argument. Gateshead went into administration and requested to drop down a division. That is hardly Leigh's fault.

Good result today but i for one wont be looking further than next game, take each one as it comes, a defeat for leigh only puts more pressure on us to maintane out good form.

On the subject of dual players, is it true they must play in 75% of league matches to be able to play in playoffs? just something i heard

Correct. Operational Rule B3:15 states:

Dual Registered Players shall only be eligible to play in these Grand Final series provided that

the player has played in at least 75% of the club

We will be monitoring this closely (but obviously will only complain AFTER the relevant playoff match) :D

:lol:

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

be interested to see the stats on % games played for dual registered player at each club.

We'll not have coady available for the play offs but barring injuries i couldn't see him figuring anyway. If any team has relied on dc players, (and the stats would illustrate if that's the case), they could well find themselves short handed come play off time!

If any team has relied on dc players, (and the stats would illustrate if that's the case), they could well find themselves short handed come play off time!

I your right Robin, which is probably why Millward has decided to concentrate on the NR Cup, with Fev, Halifax, and Barrow out of that competition he probably sees that as the best chance of ticking the box.

To me he has rested players today, and put at team out that would simply make the Dogs work hard and if he got a win that would have been a bonus. I think we a freshened up team Leigh will be a different beast come Thursday.

Also for what its worth, I agree that its Barrow we have to worry about in the league, thou hope fully our lighter fixture schedule will keep us fresh and on top.

Edited by petesmithfan

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION