next round of licences

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha.

Seriously, quite a few teams will be looking over their shoulder. I know Hull KR are looking at building a new stand but can't afford one so were looking at public money to build it with business accomodation within it. But thats looking like its going t1ts up too.

I live in C@s :ph34r: and want both teams to drop out, just to wipe the smarmy 'we deserve to be in SL' looks off their gormless faces.

Lets see them both merge and even then I bet they still wouldn't get anywhere. Their combimed attendances are currently about 10k, but I bet that would drop to about 7.5k as there would be a power struggle between the fans, both claiming to be the 51% majority, with many saying sod it.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Wakefield look to have little chance of retaining there Super League place. Wakefield's new ground at Newmarket Lane, Stanley is being partly built on Leeds City Council green belt land and is being objected to by Leeds City Council and the residents.

The site is also a breeding ground for the little ringed plover so there will be objections from birdwatchers, conservationists etc.

http://democracy.leeds.gov.uk/Published/C0...neWakefield.pdf

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

Wakefield look to have little chance of retaining there Super League place. Wakefield's new ground at Newmarket Lane, Stanley is being partly built on Leeds City Council green belt land and is being objected to by Leeds City Council and the residents.

The site is also a breeding ground for the little ringed plover so there will be objections from birdwatchers, conservationists etc.

http://democracy.leeds.gov.uk/Published/C0...neWakefield.pdf

I know what you mean Trev.

It's been said there is a big ringed Robin seen around rawmarsh!!

Salford are underway with a new stadium. Wakey and Cas are still nowhere near. Cas are doing it on the pitch for now, Wakey aren't. Cas are making longer term plans, Wakey appear reluctant to do so. Cas are looking to attract SL quality, Wakey have signed JJP! Cas and others appear to be offering longer term deals. Whilst I'm not privvy to all things wakey, listening tosome of their fans here at work and reading their forum, it appears Wakey are reluctant to do so.

Draw your own conclusions!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I know what you mean Trev.

It's been said there is a big ringed Robin seen around rawmarsh!!

Salford are underway with a new stadium. Wakey and Cas are still nowhere near. Cas are doing it on the pitch for now, Wakey aren't. Cas are making longer term plans, Wakey appear reluctant to do so. Cas are looking to attract SL quality, Wakey have signed JJP! Cas and others appear to be offering longer term deals. Whilst I'm not privvy to all things wakey, listening tosome of their fans here at work and reading their forum, it appears Wakey are reluctant to do so.

Draw your own conclusions!

I hope ya right mate. They got in with false promises, stabbed the championship clubs in the back, and continue to do so. IMO the RL have decided that Widnes will go up and either Cas or Wakey will come down, too many clubs in West Yorkshireis one of the factors, as is their non progress on a new ground. Salford will be saved by their geographical position, what's the betting when they get in their new ground we see a re-brand of the club.

If any RL bosses read this, "Relegate Wakefield" pleeeeeaaaaase.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

I live in C@s :ph34r: and want both teams to drop out, just to wipe the smarmy 'we deserve to be in SL' looks off their gormless faces.

Lets see them both merge and even then I bet they still wouldn't get anywhere. Their combimed attendances are currently about 10k, but I bet that would drop to about 7.5k as there would be a power struggle between the fans, both claiming to be the 51% majority, with many saying sod it.

What do you mean you live in Cas, good god man get a grip

, "Relegate Wakefield" pleeeeeaaaaase.

It would not be relegation. It should be but it isn't. It would be removal of franchise licence. Theres a big difference.

Join the BRING BACK RELEGATION & PROMOTION .BRIGADE.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

Wouldn't it be nice if the team that won our league went up and the team that finished bottom of Super League went down. :lol:

Seems to work pretty well in most other sports!

I'm sick of explaining how our game works to my friends in the North East and South!

Are you still top of the league? - Yes!

Are you gonna be in Super League then? - No!

Why Not? - Dunno, something to do with how often we paint our fence and our floodlights aren't bright enough and we've already got other Super League teams next door.

That's stupid! - I know!

Unless we bring back P&R the game will die out!!!!!

What do you mean you live in Cas, good god man get a grip

I am trying to educate the uneducatable.

Its worth it living here to wind up the ginger carpet carriers.

Like shooting fish in a barrel :lol:

Our lass is from Cas, thats why I reside here. You get some good bargains, 4 bedroom house

What really narks me about Wakefield is when they were promoted to the Super Dooper League it was all about Framing the Future and all grounds had to be brought up to a certain standard. Well apart from the Butlins Chalets behind the sticks they have done very little to improve their lot. Their new ground will not get built as it is in the Green Belt and will have to go to a Parliamentary Sub Committee to get passed which will take months and months if not years which will put them out of time with the League. Hopefully they are STUFFED!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be nice if the team that won our league went up and the team that finished bottom of Super League went down. :lol:

Seems to work pretty well in most other sports!

I'm sick of explaining how our game works to my friends in the North East and South!

Are you still top of the league? - Yes!

Are you gonna be in Super League then? - No!

Why Not? - Dunno, something to do with how often we paint our fence and our floodlights aren't bright enough and we've already got other Super League teams next door.

That's stupid! - I know!

Unless we bring back P&R the game will die out!!!!!

Can we imagine the Premier League last May saying to Newcastle sorry your ground is too close to Sunderland, or to Blackpool sorry mate but your ground is not big enough yout tower is ok but nevermind. I just would never happen.

Rovers Halifax Leigh Widnes Barrow all would bring something to SL in different ways all from the heart of the game in communities that live and breath RL but no we want teams packed with second rate australians in France Wales and London because thats the future of our game.

I am trying to educate the uneducatable.

Its worth it living here to wind up the ginger carpet carriers.

Like shooting fish in a barrel :lol:

Our lass is from Cas, thats why I reside here. You get some good bargains, 4 bedroom house

You will never understand because you live in la, la land

The fact is the people who live east of Fev hate Cas, people West of Fev hate Wakey, absurd it may be but it is a fact. ask em

Living in Hemsworth means that I actually live as near to Wakefield as Featherstone. Let me make it absolutely clear I DO NOT HATE ANY TEAM. I love the game of rugby league and I follow Featherstone Rovers. I have friends who support both Wakefield and Castleford the only problem I do have is one of the Castleford fans is a receptionist at my doctors , so if they lose or get upset, there are " no appointments left for today". What we really need to do is ask ourselves (honestly) are we ready for Super League ? both on and off the pitch ? I do not think we are, which may seem odd to many, but I want Featherstone Rovers to be there for the future, and if we are ill prepared that wont happen. I hate the fact that P + R are no longer available, and in a democratic society, this should not be allowed. I do, however, believe that by maintaining the progress we have made, the club could certainly be ready for 2015. However, I also have a niggle that a further French team may find it's way into Super League and that more French teams will take part in Championship competitions. The game is not marketed professionally outside it's heartland, and I do know this as my relatives live less than 3 miles from Twickenham and did not know that a Rugby League team played there ( The Stoop) although just up the road Roslyn Park were well known with a ground no better that Chorley's.

My guess would be that Widnes were probably given a nod and wink at the last franchise allocation ( and remember Crusaders did win the League to qualify for Super League) it is the underlying and underhandedness that worries me greatly. The game is dying out for a strong British National team, the idea of no P+ R was to strengthen the up and coming British players, to give young players a chance to show their skills this has happened in some cases, but SL clubs are still looking overseas for next season's stars. Wasting money that could be re-invested in the game. If the youngsters are not getting game time and the farce of Dual Registration shows that, then no P + R has to be a failure.

Just the rantings of an old man with nothing better to do, but I love my game and watching the NRL makes me woonder if the game as a future, because believe me the Aussie game although having more skilful players, is soon going to be a cheats charter.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

sorry bob, i want lisnin. could you say that again.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

sorry bob, i want lisnin. could you say that again.

What did you say ?

I think it's my medication that's beginning to work. However, me hearing is not too good, the wife says I should take the tablets Orally but I thought the doctor said Audiolly.

It's hell getting the laxatives down though :O

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

What did you say ?

I think it's my medication that's beginning to work. However, me hearing is not too good, the wife says I should take the tablets Orally but I thought the doctor said Audiolly.

It's hell getting the laxatives down though :O

Doc once gave me suppositries Bob, they were a ###### to swallow and didn't work. Told the doctor for what good they did me I may as well of shoved em up my @rse :blink::blink:

Doc once gave me suppositries Bob, they were a ###### to swallow and didn't work. Told the doctor for what good they did me I may as well of shoved em up my @rse :blink::blink:

My wife has started hiding them in my Weetabix, I fooled her though, I don't drink the milk, and anyway I swapped my breakfast for hers, she hasn't stopped all day and I'm waiting for me lunch.

And the Arthur Askey wannabees of the forum hijack another perfectly good topic and one of them is a sodding moderator.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

And the Arthur Askey wannabees of the forum hijack another perfectly good topic and one of them is a sodding moderator.

Guilty as harged

I apologise and ban myself for 24 hours .... after this session.

I'm sorry folks, but you heard it here (Just like Powell and Sheridan being the new coaches 2 years ago). If you think any of the current frachise holders are going to lose theirs, think again, from what I have heard it will be an augmentation of the SL rather than a straight swap! a bigger SL in 2 years time without any current drop outs.

For what it is worth a team where Everton reserves play their home games and a team with a nuclear power station will be the augmentees.

What, SRINGFIELD although Homer would make a good prop.