Northern Rail Cup Final

NRC Final 18th July  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win?

• Batley
    • Widnes

So its Batley v Widnes 4pm

Who is everyone backing? Will you be there? Will you watch it on telly?

Although I'm from t'other side of the Pennines, but now live in Huddersfield, I would like to see Batley win this one

:happy: my first poll...MIAG would be so proud :lol:

Edited by amh

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

So its Batley v Widnes 4pm

Who is everyone backing? Will you be there? Will you watch it on telly?

Although I'm from t'other side of the Pennines, but now live in Huddersfield, I would like to see Batley win this one

:happy: my first poll...MIAG would be so proud :lol:

I'll be at Odsal so will watch it when I get in after.

I'll be at Odsal so will watch it when I get in after.

You better had, you have to mark SQL..... ;)

Side issue.

Craig, can you pin this with the S/L threads, and maybe drop the games already played off the pinned list?

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Side issue.

Craig, can you pin this with the S/L threads, and maybe drop the games already played off the pinned list?

Thanks luv...I presume you've hit the report button so he sees this message?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Side issue.

Don't worry it'll be recorded.

Thanks luv...I presume you've hit the report button so he sees this message?

Do you think I'm a complete thicko?

Actually, I played second row a lot, don't answer.... ;)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

I suspect Batley being a team not expected to reach any finals and not having recent silverware will leave many people to root for them. It's to be expected, if it were not for Widnes being their opponents I'd be rooting for them myself.

I suspect Batley being a team not expected to reach any finals and not having recent silverware will leave many people to root for them. It's to be expected, if it were not for Widnes being their opponents I'd be rooting for them myself.

Why should that last bit stop you?

Batley to tick the box as well.....

Oh, and thanks Craig.... ;)B)

Why do you think Brainiac?

Mr. Brainiac, please.. ;)

There's no harm in secretly wanting your opponents to win in certain games, if you see the bigger picture, or if you had a bet on them.

I backed barrow to beat Wires in the JP Trophy years back with a workmate.

We won, I paid, i didn't care.

If Barrow had won, I'd have been gutted, but got some cash to drown me sorrows.....

Mr. Brainiac, please.. ;)

There's no harm in secretly wanting your opponents to win in certain games, if you see the bigger picture, or if you had a bet on them.

I backed barrow to beat Wires in the JP Trophy years back with a workmate.

We won, I paid, i didn't care.

If Barrow had won, I'd have been gutted, but got some cash to drown me sorrows.....

I'd never bet against Widnes nor will I ever want us to lose. Bigger picture my postereur.

No doubt you'll be hoping Catalans beat Wire in the semi.

It's another one I'd place a safety bet on, so pay if we win, collect if we lose.

Catalans are established now, have been to Wembley, so big picture is covered.

Batley, along with Keighley, have historic sympathies with a lot since '96.

Yeah, I know the Komics were dumped on too, the merger was never a go-er, but those teams have a more deserving cause for getting support.

For a start they're not in Widnes. ;)

It's another one I'd place a safety bet on, so pay if we win, collect if we lose.

Yeah, I know the Komics were dumped on too, the merger was never a go-er, but those teams have a more deserving cause for getting support.

Bill do you remember when we went to keighley in 94-95 season for a regal trophy tie,keighley v wires? I drove in my tiny citroen ax with 5 of us crammed into it,me,my dad,my mate,you and my uncle ste. We got lost in keighley and stopped to ask that cockney bloke for directions to the rugby ground. He sent us to keighley RU ground! We found cougar park eventually and were 18-8 behind with about 10 mins remaining. I thought we had blown it,then jiffy davies got us out of trouble with some magic,we pinched it 20-18. to be fair it was a heartbreaking defeat for lower league keighley,they did not really deserve to lose that game. All their fans were really friendly and welcoming too. Such a long time ago now bit it seems like yesterday. Happy days they were!

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Bill do you remember when we went to keighley in 94-95 season for a regal trophy tie,keighley v wires? I drove in my tiny citroen ax with 5 of us crammed into it,me,my dad,my mate,you and my uncle ste. We got lost in keighley and stopped to ask that cockney bloke for directions to the rugby ground. He sent us to keighley RU ground! We found cougar park eventually and were 18-8 behind with about 10 mins remaining. I thought we had blown it,then jiffy davies got us out of trouble with some magic,we pinched it 20-18. to be fair it was a heartbreaking defeat for lower league keighley,they did not really deserve to lose that game. All their fans were really friendly and welcoming too. Such a long time ago now bit it seems like yesterday. Happy days they were!

Like yesterday mate.

Drinking in the bar with Steve Hall's parents before the game, he had a near career ending leg injury an hour later....

Game was lost, game plan became "give it to jiffy...", real get out of jail free ticket he was that day.

Guess Who hates talk of that game, guess it was a real heartbreaker to the cougar fans, and there were loads of them then, before the "summer era" appeared.

What a load of B.S. A final for Catalans would be massive for the game particularly for the game in France. You just want to have your cake and eat it. If you want purely what's good for the game, you'd be cheering on Catalans in the semi final. Many neutrals will be. Personally, I wont be cheering on Batley. I think its rather unsporting to let others win or hope my team loses. It's sort of against the whole reason sport exists in the first place. Bigger picture be damned.

I think we're getting down to the real gist of your feelings on the matter.

Widnes won it last year,it would be good if batley win today. As bill says,another team would then tick the box for SL application. I don't envisage that many of the top SL stars would welcome playing on that slope that is batley's pitch though!

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

What a load of B.S. A final for Catalans would be massive for the game particularly for the game in France. You just want to have your cake and eat it. If you want purely what's good for the game, you'd be cheering on Catalans in the semi final. Many neutrals will be. Personally, I wont be cheering on Batley. I think its rather unsporting to let others win or hope my team loses. It's sort of against the whole reason sport exists in the first place. Bigger picture be damned.

I think we're getting down to the real gist of your feelings on the matter.

Ok, Mystic Meg, guilty as charged there, you read my mind. :P

Catalans getting to Wembley a couple of years ago didn't do them harm, but neither did it really boost the game over there.

I know most neutrals will want Catalans to beat us, as I wanted them to beat Wigan, but there is a big underdog factor involved, plus we're not exactly the most liked club in the UK, despite the glamour factor.

When I bet against Wires, I still cheer for them, I just have a cushion ifwe lose.

However, hope it's a good game either way, and we can talk about tries and action not the ref come 6pm.