Crusaders U16's

They were playing lads a year younger. plus it was a high school vs a scholarship, hardly fair. Im sure the result would have been different had it been a welsh school u 15s playing the aussies or a touring NRL u 16s side. Why do people feel the need to try and big the "outpost" clubs up and make them out to be doing better than they are? Last year Crusaders got loads of good press for winning the u 18s youth league despite it been full of amateur clubs, had been other SL acadameys they would have got no where near the top of the table. Lets not kid ourselves its going to be a long time before we see a good number of Welsh born/trained youngsters in SL. Dont get me wrong im all for expansion and would love to see the game take off in the likes of Wales and France but this is hardly an achievement in my eyes.

They were playing lads a year younger. plus it was a high school vs a scholarship, hardly fair. Im sure the result would have been different had it been a welsh school u 15s playing the aussies or a touring NRL u 16s side. Why do people feel the need to try and big the "outpost" clubs up and make them out to be doing better than they are? Last year Crusaders got loads of good press for winning the u 18s youth league despite it been full of amateur clubs, had been other SL acadameys they would have got no where near the top of the table. Lets not kid ourselves its going to be a long time before we see a good number of Welsh born/trained youngsters in SL. Dont get me wrong im all for expansion and would love to see the game take off in the likes of Wales and France but this is hardly an achievement in my eyes.

When you go to weddings are you the one that shouts out that it will end in divorce, tells kids parties that the future is ###### and that their new kitten will die before they do?

Of course they are accentuating the positive, there are plenty of people willing to say that there is no future for rl in Wales and they shouldn't be bothering!

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

Nothing wrong with the youth set ups in Wales, they'll have some cracking players in a couple of years

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

in 2 years time i bet you can still count the players that have come through welsh development systems on one hand

2 years is hardly long enough to have large amounts of players coming through a new system, jeez just be happy for the lads will you.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

What theyv done is nothing to be proud of, they should be beating younger high school teams, so what if their australian.

Do you know the ages of the crusaders u16's , how many may have qualified for 15's, maybe both teams were the same age group?

Yes i do it was the under 16s scholarship. There is also a 13s 14s and 15s scholarship. So no they werent the same age group.

ok thanks for that, now consider this, the Aussie school kids will probably have played RL from the age of 6, most of the Welsh lads are probably quite new to RL, is that still not a good result?

ok thanks for that, now consider this, the Aussie school kids will probably have played RL from the age of 6, most of the Welsh lads are probably quite new to RL, is that still not a good result?

Not in my book no. some of These Welsh lads are future super league and International players.

:rolleyes:

Jesus, you don't ask much do you? They beat them, get over it -girlfriend!

Im not knocking the crusaders boys, im just saying its a game they should have expected to win so why do people feel the need to bull the welsh up. If it was a Wakefield or Bradford 16s team for instance there wouldnt have even been a thread for it.

Yes i do it was the under 16s scholarship. There is also a 13s 14s and 15s scholarship. So no they werent the same age group.

Isnt the Aussie school system is out of sink with ours anyway so if we play their under 16 they would have a 6 months head start on us and if we play their under 15 we would have a 6 months head start on them.Hardly a massive difference and I can totally see why the Crusaders wouldn't want to put their youngsters against older players.