Crusaders RL turning fans away

And yet if we were to put him down for the good of the board we'd be the ones in trouble.

It truly is a mad world.

We should strip him, put 'wasp food' on his knackers and let loads a swarm of them loose on him.

That'd learn 'im.

We are not soccer fans who need monitoring. We are RL fans who have a tradition of walking up to games on the day.

To be honest I am sick of this tradition. For too long now, other sports have used the pay on the turnstyle stick to beat us with and it makes us look like we are completely stuck in the past. I bet you anything on the BBC this weekend it will just show establishing shots of people reaching into their wallets just before they go into the turnstyle (like they always do), completely ignoring the hundreds waltzing in with their pre-paid ticket. Typical BBC bias against our sport, making us look stuck in the past.

In fact I'm surprised that I am the first to say it, but I think a franchise point should be awarded in the next round of Super League franchises for clubs that no longer allow you to pay on the gate. I know the flatcappers won't like it, but this is the only way our sport can move away from this stuffy "walking up to the gate any old time you want" image.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

To be honest I am sick of this tradition. For too long now, other sports have used the pay on the turnstyle stick to beat us with and it makes us look like we are completely stuck in the past. I bet you anything on the BBC this weekend it will just show establishing shots of people reaching into their wallets just before they go into the turnstyle (like they always do), completely ignoring the hundreds waltzing in with their pre-paid ticket. Typical BBC bias against our sport, making us look stuck in the past.

In fact I'm surprised that I am the first to say it, but I think a franchise point should be awarded in the next round of Super League franchises for clubs that no longer allow you to pay on the gate. I know the flatcappers won't like it, but this is the only way our sport can move away from this stuffy "walking up to the gate any old time you want" image.

Yeah, we don't need to entice people who can't make up their minds beforehand do we? Woe betide anyone who doesn't know whether they can make a game until the day arrives. Why stop there? If you haven't got a season ticket that lasts for the next five years, not only will you be denied entry but you will be paraded around the local town centre so people can throw rotten fruit at you (maybe put them in stocks) before being banned from attending any RL match for 20 years for having the gall to try and attend a game of RL on a whim.

Any club implementing the above policy will be given an immediate ten year SL licence.

We'll worry about what to do when there aren't enough fans to cover the salary of the man who shines Stevo's head and combs Eddie's syrup before matches when that point is reached.

FFS

:O

We should strip him, put 'wasp food' on his knackers and let loads a swarm of them loose on him.

Yes.

Although we'd need to clarify if bees eat wasp food.

I think this may require extensive testing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

We are not soccer fans who need monitoring. We are RL fans who have a tradition of walking up to games on the day.

Quiet, however, it is a football ground primarily using staff who before this season had quite probably never met a League fan never mind watched a game!

As Dave T has already pointed out many fans have visited this season without problem, lets see if they learn from yesterday and not be to critical until this becomes the norm rather than the exception.

A general rule of thumb, I do notice that grounds with stewards who also do football are no where nearly as easy going as Rugby only grounds. I was at Rochdale last weekend for there game against South Wales and whilst checking my iPhone for other scores was approached by a supervising steward who said I wasn't allowed a camera in the ground, I pointed out what it was and he asked me to be discrete none the less! Yet the stewards of Barrow, Keighley and Castlford to name a few have happily let me use a DSLR from the terraces which is anything but discrete!

Quiet, however, it is a football ground primarily using staff who before this season had quite probably never met a League fan never mind watched a game!

As Dave T has already pointed out many fans have visited this season without problem, lets see if they learn from yesterday and not be to critical until this becomes the norm rather than the exception.

A general rule of thumb, I do notice that grounds with stewards who also do football are no where nearly as easy going as Rugby only grounds. I was at Rochdale last weekend for there game against South Wales and whilst checking my iPhone for other scores was approached by a supervising steward who said I wasn't allowed a camera in the ground, I pointed out what it was and he asked me to be discrete none the less! Yet the stewards of Barrow, Keighley and Castlford to name a few have happily let me use a DSLR from the terraces which is anything but discrete!

That typo made me chuckle.

I must admit I found the stewards in and outside the ground at Wrexham to be very good, friendly and helpful.

That typo made me chuckle.

I must admit I found the stewards in and outside the ground at Wrexham to be very good, friendly and helpful.

lol, sorry! Normally I'd go back and change it however seeing how apt it is in this instance I'll leave it!!! ;)

I think the pc brigade on here are missing the point.

Why does a club like Crusaders who get low crowds have to make games all ticket?

Its just a barmy situation, they should have pay on the turnstiles.

Is that a put-down directed at those of us who are still using old technology? My deepest apologies that I'm unable to post using a laptop, phone, Blackberry, ESP, etc. The old PC will have to do.