matthew haggerty

guest from down under

I always thought Ian Kirke would do well and I cannot recall him having a poor game whilst with us. Wasn't aware though, that he travelled from Hornsea; I thought he was a York lad.

I want to see what Haggerty is like when the season proper gets going, before I comment on his ability; likewise Louis Sheriff.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

• 1 year later...

I have posted the following on the official club announcement about Haggarty and had forgotten about this thread.

Is this a surprise, or did some of us see something like this coming?

Reading the article it looks like our club has done well from the deal, other than losing the player from 2016. I am sure we all wish Matthew Haggarty well in the higher league and hope he gets his chance in the first team at Saints.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

will the compensation fee be announced tom mate? sounds like we,ve done well. good luck to matthew as well

I don't think any figures will be disclosed but then again the main part of the deal is that Saints pay his wages for 2015 while he plays for us, and we get the potentially lucrative friendly at he start of next season.

Again, I'm not sure of an exact figure but I think Batley did pretty well out of their friendly at Saints when they signed Walmsley.

Tom

I don't think any figures will be disclosed but then again the main part of the deal is that Saints pay his wages for 2015 while he plays for us, and we get the potentially lucrative friendly at he start of next season.

Again, I'm not sure of an exact figure but I think Batley did pretty well out of their friendly at Saints when they signed Walmsley.

cheers tom

I don't think the exact figures were ever released, but I would suspect that both deals would be fairly comparable! Well done to the lad and good on Dewsbury for doing well out of the deal.

Archived