Training 2night

troutmaster

Tonight we are back at the zebra stadium for training,phil had the boys in to watch highlights of the batley game to go over where he thinks we got it wrong.Mr Veivers is a very hard task master and pleasing him is a hard thing to do,but,the lads all said they were below par to what phil expected and wanted them to do,for the first 20 minutes we controlled the game, and then we scored a very good try,which was a well planned,and well executed,but, one mistake and we slipped back under to what phil had drilled in to them.Training on the field was going to be hard after the video,and it was,but the lads were up for it, and, i think phil was pleased with the effort the lads were showing him,the good news from tonight is players coming back from injury,on Sunday we welcome back Liam McAvoy who has been a big miss especially in the middle of the field,we also welcome back young Tom walker who will hopefully add a bit more muscle to the front row,now, Every town fan will have been waiting fervently for the big man playing for Town,and on Sunday we will see our super signing from aussie, big Latu fafita taking to the hallowed turf of the zebra claims(derwent park)stadium for his first game in the Towns colours,I have just got to say welcome to Town Latu.On sunday we

welcome Dewsbury to our club,and we will no doubt give the Dewsbury fans a warm welcome

and hope they go home with a defeat,the one man who i think will cause us a problem will be thackeray,but a few clips round his lugholes might calm him down a bit,but seriously, he will be their dangerman, and he will need to be watched for 80 minutes.Well thats it for tonight gentlemen,I hope it has given you a bit better feeling than the result on sunday.

Thanks again Baz.   How bad is Brett C's injury?    Is he out for 6 weeks as was being said on Sunday.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Thanks again Baz.   How bad is Brett C's injury?    Is he out for 6 weeks as was being said on Sunday.

Hi Keith,Brett was down tonight for physio,but i never got time to have a craic.I will ask him on thursday what's his prognosive is,but i would expect it to be at least 4 to 5 weeks has you say.

Ok good news - so we've deemed it necessary to "risk" people who aren't fully fit this week .. Which is good ... Shows that even this early we are desperate for 2 points .

Wonder who will miss out... I think we will see Mossop again this week .

I think "desperate" isn't the word to use at this point of the season.

Ok good news - so we've deemed it necessary to "risk" people who aren't fully fit this week .. Which is good ... Shows that even this early we are desperate for 2 points .

Who are we risking then?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Can you expand on the word "RISK" townie,I don't think veivers would ever use anyone that is not fully fit,i know callum had caught a bug but was fine to play otherwise he would not have been playing i can assure you of that.I think you might be right on lee mossop again on sunday.

You really are a cock.

Walker and fafita will have missed a fair few sessions due to injury so General fitness maybe not quite up to speed so maybe PV wanted them to have a full week to prepare before putting them in. The team that was selected was more than capable of producing a better performance. Why you being so critical and picky after one game. I think it was a good reality check to all involved, Wigan boys will know that it ain't a walk in the park, the new signings whitely and Horton will now be aware of exactly what's required and the existing players will know that if you don't hit and exceed the intensity in defense that we saw last year week in week out we will fall short.  

Walker and fafita will have missed a fair few sessions due to injury so General fitness maybe not quite up to speed so maybe PV wanted them to have a full week to prepare before putting them in. The team that was selected was more than capable of producing a better performance. Why you being so critical and picky after one game. I think it was a good reality check to all involved, Wigan boys will know that it ain't a walk in the park, the new signings whitely and Horton will now be aware of exactly what's required and the existing players will know that if you don't hit and exceed the intensity in defense that we saw last year week in week out we will fall short.

Correct my man,fafita and walker have missed a lot of pre season training.It will take them a few matches to get upto match fitness,but they are not that far away especially young walker,fafita was going well last night, but well short of full fitness,but he will get there soon.

Archived