19 man squad for London!

scott

The squad given to the press isn't necessarily the same as the official one lodged with the RFL.....

The 19 man squad is a waste of time really, its just something the RFL use for their website and Press Releases.

You can name as many players as you want from outside that 19 in your starting 17, so it really is a pointless exercise.

HW

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tierney is an xfactor player . I wonder if we could fit him in anywhere else but wing .

If Murphy is playing with his thumb strapped up then you'd think he will play wing and Tierney will be full back.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

The squad given to the press isn't necessarily the same as the official one lodged with the RFL.....

ok . he must have passed a late fitness test on friday and swtched for Burgess who must have pulledout .

Lets hope we can grab a win .

If Murphy is playing with his thumb strapped up then you'd think he will play wing and Tierney will be full back.

Maybe so chief . Mossop out so maybe shift him in there if not . Interesting to see how it pans out , but he can certainly produce match winning moments given the openings . Good to have him anyway , and great pairing with Murphy

The 19 man squad is a waste of time really, its just something the RFL use for their website and Press Releases.

You can name as many players as you want from outside that 19 in your starting 17, so it really is a pointless exercise.

HW

It's so they can vet the squads to ensure nobody cheats like previous seasons.

If that's so I'm confused about why Jacks been put in the squad ... For Burgess I take it ? Why if he's not going to play . I'd be interested what's happened with Burgess from being named in the 19 . Surely we'd keep him to if we could

in SL there has to be a genuine reason to amend the squads after they are lodged at 2pm on Friday afternoon.

Medical evidence has to be provided for illness or injury. It isn't as flexible as is being suggested.

That's Super League though.

Clubs are allowed to amend their match day squad in our league at any time, so long as it is your own players you are changing. The DR lads have to be notified to the RFL in advance so their eligibility can be checked.

So what was the reason again from the RFL for naming 19 man squads ?

As Haven Warrior said, it's so the RFL can issue a nice press release to promote the games, nothing more than that. The only set rule is that the RFL must be notified by Friday of who is on DR.

Archived