Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Storm v Cowboys at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane QLD

Sea Eagles v Broncos at Suncorp Stadium Brisbane 

There must be a really good reason why Storm, Cowboys and Manly are all travelling to and playing at Suncorp this weekend and why Melbourne and Manly give up oone of their home games to play away.

When I'm told the reason, will I think it's a good one?

lf the answer:

Meanwhile Manly’s coffers are set for a welcome boost with this weekend’s double header at Suncorp Stadium set to host over 52,000 rabid Queenslanders on Saturday night.
But Trent Barrett’s side could well be left counting the cost of the decision to jump at a lucrative deal offered by the Queensland government, surrendering home ground advantage to a Broncos outfit that’s been running rough shod of late on the Suncorp turf.

Surprise surprise - it's the money.

Why on earth is a QLD Govt offering their team's opponents money to cede home advantage to their team.

It's not right!

Then there's Storm taking some sort of carrot too. N Qld wiil be happy with that one!

What about the Storm fans in and around Melbourne who go to games regularly. Whay should they miss out?

lf the answer:

Surprise surprise - it's the money.

Why on earth is a QLD Govt offering their team's opponents money to cede home advantage to their team.

It's not right!

Then there's Storm taking some sort of carrot too. N Qld wiil be happy with that one!

What about the Storm fans in and around Melbourne who go to games regularly. Whay should they miss out?

They could have had the Titans/Roosters game there as well and had a Queensland Magic Day ;)

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

More importantly Storm re-sign Cameron Munster.

Koroibete according to that has decided he will follow the big money and why not? It's a pity but there you go... quite literally.

RU see him as a marquee type player then whereas in our game he is just one of a number of really good wingers. Good luck to him.

I'm sure CB and Storm will fill the gap.

More important to the club and more than making up for MK's loss is the re-signing of Munster.

• Broncos’ hopes of retaining Matt Gillett have soared after Cronulla yesterday withdrew a $1 million-plus offer to the off-contract Maroons player.
  • Parramatta has made off-contract five-eighth Corey Norman their No. 1 retention priority post the club’s salary cap scandal.
  • Mitchell Pearce will put his hand up to play in the State of Origin series even though his club coach, the Roosters administration and his family have led a push to keep Pearce at the Roosters for the duration of the Origin series.

A coy Laurie Daley refused to officially comment on the selection but apparently Pearce phoned Daley after reading our item last week that declared he was not going to play because of his ongoing health and rehabilitation concerns.He said he would be willing to make himself available and that he would prefer to go against the advice of his club and coach Trent Robinson.

Manly's Martin Taupau will miss three NRL matches after submitting an early guilty plea for his dangerous throw on Brisbane's Matt Gillett.

Taupau will be out of action against Cronulla, Canberra and Penrith and won't be back on the field until the match against Gold Coast on June 20 as the Sea Eagles have a bye in round 12.

St George Illawarra's Joel Thompson accepted the early guilty plea for his third high tackle in eight matches and will miss just the match with South Sydney on Thursday night, while Solomone Kata will miss a week over a dangerous contact - head/neck charge, thanks to having 68 carryover points to his name.

judiciary_R10final.jpg

Edited by Farmduck

Scandal! Nude photo of Kevin Proctor leaked!

elib_5823449-e1413355317505.jpg

:tongue:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have extended the contract of Chief Executive Raelene Castle for a further two years, until the end of 2018.

Castle joined the Bulldogs in July 2013 and under her leadership the Club has enjoyed record levels of membership and sponsorship, ensured the Bulldogs have had the best attendances of any NRL team in Sydney, opened the most innovative sporting retail experience in Australia and implemented the most comprehensive community programme in the Club’s history.

Parramatta half-back Kieran Foran is considering legal action over a report claiming he lost $75,000 while gambling, according to the Rugby League Players Association (RLPA).

A News Corp story said a TAB account linked to Foran lost the huge sum in a matter of hours and the RLPA said in a statement it was appalled by the story.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-21/kieran-foran-considering-legal-action-over-gambling-report/7434924

The worst part about this was that it allegedly happened straight after he checked out of rehab.

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are pleased announce that David Klemmer and Moses Mbye have agreed to stay with the club, for a further four seasons, through until at least the end of season 2020.

Mbye has come through the junior system at the club, first arriving at Belmore when he was 17 years of age and Klemmer was recruited to the club at 15, playing all his grade rugby league for the Bulldogs.

http://www.nrl.com/bulldogs-re-sign-klemmer-and-mbye/tabid/10874/newsid/96163/default.aspx

There's a saying in 12-Step programmes, "It works if you work it." The success rate of alcoholics and drug addicts on their first detox or rehab admission is about 0.0001%. Again, as they say in 12-Step groups, "they haven't lost enough yet."

Look at Foran:

- here's the low point of his life

- he's on $800K and his income is secure for probably another 5 - 8 years

- can get a job anywhere

- gets free car from work

- whole bunch of Eels backers will give him anything he wants

- 99% of people who now him or of him think he's a hero.

Gee I hope my life never sinks that low.

This gambling business baffles me. I don't have the gene or whatever it is to get into it. My father used to like a flutter but it was more a hobby with only small amounts of pocket money used. I know you like a flutter too FD. For those with a problem I guess it is magnified today what with online betting etc.

Edited by G Las D

I usually put $50 in my account at the start of the season and usually I can stretch that out all year. I only had one $5 bet this week. I don't take it very seriously and I don't know how people can sit in front of a slot machine for hours on end. I never buy lottery tickets or bet on anything except RL.

I can understand why poor people buy lottery tickets but I don't understand people like Foran or Chris Sandow. Sandow was on $500K at the Eels and, by the time he left, he allegedly owed teammates $50K, all of it from sitting in front of slot machines. I think if was on $500K I could think of many more interesting ways to burn money.

I can understand drugs or alcohol abuse because of the physical addiction but I don't have the abnormal drive that compulsive gamblers have. If I won $100 I'd go out and spend it. I wouldn't keep going to turn it into $200.

The problem with people like Foran is that, if he really has a drug habit or he's an alcoholic or if he's a compulsive gambler, taking 2 weeks off work won't fix it.

Parramatta players Corey Norman and Junior Paulo, as well as Penrith's James Segeyaro, dined out with a former Nomad bikie and an accused criminal before Norman was allegedly caught in possession of unknown pills on Friday night.

Eels front rower Paulo posted a photo on Instagram on Friday night of the trio having dinner with a group of men at a Chinese restaurant.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/corey-norman-james-segeyaro-and-junior-paulo-dined-out-with-bikies-and-criminals-before-drug-bust-20160522-gp12nk.html

I disagree , Souths would have done anything to retain Walker & he was defiantly not dumped. What happened was Dylan had a hissy fit because Souths pulled him into line over the drug overdose issue & then jolly on the spot to tell him how poorly he'd been treated by Souths &  the promise of a NSW jersey was good old Bozo . And that's how Walker became the latest in a long line of Super Star Rabbits to end up at the despised Manly club.

Just thought I'd bump this post up now given the "Unusual" selection of Dylan Walker for NSW.

Canterbury have named Josh Morris to return from Origin camp and back to the NRL for Sunday’s match against Canberra.
Morris is with the NSW side as cover for Josh Dugan who has an elbow issue.
Iosia Soliola returns for the Raiders from a broken arm.
The Bulldogs are however without Josh Jackson and David Klemmer with Raymond Faitala-Mariner moving into the starting side and Danny Fualalo joining the bench.
Brisbane’s Origin stars Darius Boyd, Corey Oates, Josh McGuire, Sam Thaiday, Matt Gillett and Corey Parker will all miss Friday’s game against the Tigers, meaning the Broncos have a major reshuffle on their hands.
Jordan Kahu moves to fullback with Greg Eden on the wing along with Lachlan Maranta.
Bench forward Joseph Ofahengaue comes into the starting side for Thaiday and Jaydn Sua comes into the backrow for his NRL debut.