Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

This can’t be true can it? .... not again...

Titans star David Fifita has been questioned by Gold Coast police for trespassing a Clear Island Waters property in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Fifita, 20, taken to the Broadbeach police station after being seen trespassing.

While investigations are continuing, Fifita was let go by police following reports of trespassing the property at 8am on Sunday.

• Sad 1

The Penrith Panthers have confirmed Zane Tetevano has been granted an immediate release from the remainder of his contract.

The 30-year-old forward will join the Leeds Rhinos on a three-year deal.

“While it’s difficult to leave Panthers, I’m extremely grateful to the club for allowing my family and I to take up this opportunity,” Tetevano said.

Raiders centre Curtis Scott is set to seek a $400,000 settlement from police according to his laywer Sam Macedone. 

Scott was arrested and charged with seven offences on Australia day weekend but the case was dismissed following the emergence of bodycam footage.

Magistrate Jennifer Giles said she did not have the “stomach” to watch again after the two videos showed Scott pepper-sprayed and tasered in an arrest that was deemed unlawful.

Sorry about the rogue apostrophe that somehow crept into my original McInnes report. (should of course be West's Tiger's ... only joking Wests Tigers.

He was tipped to be a good choice as one of the two hookers needed in Supercoach. I had him in my team for a long time and he served me really well. I seem to remeber only swapping him for Harry Grant when he became such good value that it would have been daft not to.

Surely Dragons will do all they can to keep him?

The NRL has imposed a one month’s suspension on Penrith Panthers player Brent Naden, backdated to the date of his provisional suspension.

Naden was originally stood down on December 1 after testing positive to cocaine on the night of the Panther’s grand final loss to Melbourne.

Naden did not contest a Notice of Alleged Anti-Doping Rule Violation in relation to positive samples for Benzoylecgonine and Methylecgonine (metabolites of Cocaine) collected from him following the NRL Grand Final on 25 October 2020.

Seems he got off lightly!

I'm not aware of what these drugs are. I'm taking it that they are recreational rather than performance enhancing. I  think this must be the case due to his light  penalty.

Basically it means he's had his wrist slapped and his club say he now knows how naughty he has been ... and can resume with them as per normal.

Old news? This I missed somehow with Christmas a couple of days away:

Brisbane Broncos star Xavier Coates could reportedly be eyeing a move to the Melbourne Storm in 2022 after a secret meeting with Craig Bellamy.

Bellamy met with the 19-year-old and his manager at the Coolangatta coffee club on the Gold Coast on Tuesday.

According to the report, Bellamy was attempting to convince Coates to join the Storm after his contract with the Broncos expires.

That Tuesday would be 22nd Dec by my reckoning.

4 hours ago, Graham said:

Josh Mansour has signed a two-year deal with the South Sydney Rabbitohs following his release from Penrith.

The club confirmed in a statement on Wednesday afternoon that the 30-year old was joining the club for the 2021 and 2022 seasons.

Good pick up . I wasn’t sold on Corey Allan that much so I’d say the Rabbits have come out of this one ok .

David Mead to Brisbane ... now that is more left field 

2 hours ago, Graham said:

The Mansour Magic seemed to have largely gone last season.I think he’s done right to move. Maybe fresh fields will be good for him. 

He did a lot of hard work last season, but didn't see much action near the try line. But his 2020 was a lot better than his 2019 (coming back from a season-ending facial injury in 2018). If he gets good ball in attacking positions, I think he'll do all right at Souths.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Newcastle Knights forward Jirah Mormoisea will miss the 2021 NRL season with a ruptured achilles.

This promising 22year old player has yet to make his NRL debut. So far he has played in New Zealand and Melbourne before moving on to the Knights where he had earned  a promotion to the club's top 30 squad.

Former Panthers winger Malakai Watene-Zelezniak has been forced into immediate retirement after suffering acute kidney failure late last year.

Watene-Zelezniak, 29, spent four days in hospital before Christmas after having joined his brother Dallin at the Bulldogs on a train and trial opportunity under new coach Trent Barrett.

• Sad 2

Retired Englishman James Graham will return to St George Illawarra in 2021 after accepting an off-field role to help establish a female Dragons academy.

The Dragons' NRLW side have been underwhelming in their first three seasons and went winless last year despite boasting a squad stacked with Origin and Test talent.