Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

I love a good nerdy number-crunch. The widest margin round - R18 2001 - had 4 teams scoring 40 or more, including the Storm who beat some team (one of the Sydney teams, maybe, I dunno) 64 - 0

• Haha 1

Penrith coach Ivan Cleary is facing a possible fine if he is found to have talked to the referees during a heated halftime discussion.

Cleary will be investigated by the NRL despite his admission that there was nothing "untoward" in his interactions with referee Ashley Klein.

Panthers pair James Tamou and James Maloney were seen in deep discussions with the officials after the first half ended at Panthers Stadium on Sunday.

And Cleary admitted to becoming involved, saying: "I might've spoken to them, yeah, possibly. You can ask them. It was nothing untoward."

Jeremy Latitude is retiring at the end of the year.

Latimore won't be lost to the game however, with his future otherwise looking bright in the years to come.

"I'll definitely be heading into mortgage broking so if anyone out there needs a loan, you know where to come. Big Jerry at your service," Latimore laughed.

"Finance is definitely a passion. I did a University degree (Bachelor of Business at University of Wollongong) so naturally I'll be in the corporate world and I'll look to build my mortgage broking business.

"I'll probably keep playing footy in the Wollongong comp too; it'll help me get my footy fix as I haven't lost my love of game."

He's played 177 games which is excellent for a player who was never an A-Lister.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/29/latimore-to-retire-at-seasons-end/

Edited by Farmduck

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Jeremy Latimore BB; R19 The Closest NRL Round Ever?

Issac Luke will likely have just three games left in Warriors colours after his unsuccessful challenge of a dangerous tackle charge landed him a three-week ban at the judiciary on Tuesday night.

Luke will be sidelined for Friday's critical clash with Canberra, as well as round 21 and 22 games against Manly and the Roosters, with an extra week's suspension added to his punishment for lifting Parramatta's Dylan Brown.

The 32-year-old hooker is currently a free agent and has not been offered a new deal by the Warriors, England's Super League looming as his most likely avenue to continue his career beyond this season.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Jeremy Latimore BB; R19 The Closest NRL Round Ever? Scott Gale try

Newcastle Knights have confirmed the signing of Sharks hooker Jayden Brailey on a three-year deal.

The 23-year-old has played 62 NRL matches for Cronulla since making his debut in 2017.

"I'm disappointed to be moving on from the Sharks. It's always been a dream of mine to be playing for my junior club since I was a young kid and I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunities they have given me," Brailey told sharks.com.au.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Newcastle Knights have confirmed the signing of Sharks hooker Jayden Brailey on a three-year deal.

The 23-year-old has played 62 NRL matches for Cronulla since making his debut in 2017.

"I'm disappointed to be moving on from the Sharks. It's always been a dream of mine to be playing for my junior club since I was a young kid and I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunities they have given me," Brailey told sharks.com.au.

Interesting that Cronulla let him go, think he’ll go well at Newcastle, good signing for them

Surprised by that tbh . They’ve invested a lot in him and nurtured him through to this level . Haven’t seen to much of his brother but they’ve made their choice and I think the knights will be quite happy . I’m not a big Levi fan so I’d see this as an upgrade 

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Surprised by that tbh . They’ve invested a lot in him and nurtured him through to this level . Haven’t seen to much of his brother but they’ve made their choice and I think the knights will be quite happy . I’m not a big Levi fan so I’d see this as an upgrade 

Levi out of favour, so especially with this signing his day’s there are numbered. Plus I believe anyway he’s been told he should/could look elsewhere

The N Z Warriors have announced forward Chris Satae has been released from his playing contract in order to take up an opportunity in the Super League.

Satae was granted an immediate release from the club on Monday afternoon, with a long-term deal from England too hard to pass up.

“We’ve reluctantly agreed to Chris’ request for an early release,” Warriors general manager football Brian Smith told the club’s website.

“He was contracted until 2021 but he has received an opportunity in England for the rest of this season and then another four years. It gives Chris and his family tremendous security and we wouldn’t want to stand in his way.

“He has been really impressive for our Canterbury Cup side but has had limited chances to play for the NRL side due to the competition for places.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Chris Satae to SL

Penrith's James Maloney and Souths' Sam Burgess will head to the NRL judiciary on Tuesday in a bid to play in Round 21.

South Sydney enforcer Burgess is set to contest the grading of his grade two high tackle charge.

The Rabbitohs were initially set to accept the match review committee charge but after closer analysis have decided to argue for the downgrade.

Significantly, South Sydney will use legal eagle Nick Ghabar to argue the case.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Chris Satae to SL; Maloney + Burgess to Judiciary
4 minutes ago, Graham said:

The N Z Warriors have announced forward Chris Satae has been released from his playing contract in order to take up an opportunity in the Super League.

Satae was granted an immediate release from the club on Monday afternoon, with a long-term deal from England too hard to pass up.

“We’ve reluctantly agreed to Chris’ request for an early release,” Warriors general manager football Brian Smith told the club’s website.

“He was contracted until 2021 but he has received an opportunity in England for the rest of this season and then another four years. It gives Chris and his family tremendous security and we wouldn’t want to stand in his way.

“He has been really impressive for our Canterbury Cup side but has had limited chances to play for the NRL side due to the competition for places.

The word is that Hull FC have been talking to him, so maybe he's going there?

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Chris Satae to SL; Maloney + Burgess Cleared
13 hours ago, Graham said:

Sam Burgess went before judicary and  is free to play in R21

This is wrong. The NRL make a big thing about head contacts which Sam Burgess did and concussed a player. Moylan has to miss a couple of games, game due to failing the tests. Sam Burgess (15 foul play charges) will not miss a game while the victim is so heavily concussed he can’t play for a fortnight. Brilliant!

Why was Moylan allowed to go back on and play last week,but is out for the next fortnight due to the concussion tests? Something is wrong somewhere.

5 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

This is wrong. The NRL make a big thing about head contacts which Sam Burgess did and concussed a player. Moylan has to miss a couple of games, game due to failing the tests. Sam Burgess (15 foul play charges) will not miss a game while the victim is so heavily concussed he can’t play for a fortnight. Brilliant!

Why was Moylan allowed to go back on and play last week,but is out for the next fortnight due to the concussion tests? Something is wrong somewhere.

Yes whatever the rights and wrongs of Burgess being ‘got off’ the really worrying thing is Moylan not getting prompt attention, playing on and risking serious injury. The fact he’s out for a fortnight confirms this.

On Burgess - an expensive lawyer helped.

Still deciding the rights and wrongs between Sam and Paul Gallen could we just say - two wrongs don't make a right?  ?

Edited by Graham

Michael Gordon will retire at the end of the NRL season,

and will do so after 14 seasons and 257 first grade games.

Gordon joined the Titans in 2018, and has been one of the club’s most senior players over the past two years, and retires as the club’s most experienced player.

The 35-year-old played for Penrith, Cronulla, Parramatta and Sydney before moving to the Gold Coast, as well as playing one State of Origin game for the Blues in 2010.

Gordon spoke to the club’s website about his decision to retire, and believes it was the right time to hang up the boots.

“I have been very fortunate to have enjoyed the career that I have, to have played at some wonderful clubs, and to have shared time with wonderful friends and teammates over the past 14 seasons,” 

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Michael Gordon's Future; Burgess Cleared