Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

6 hours ago, Graham said:

CE55EDB3-3ADC-418A-89AD-8AD7EBAA5ADC.thumb.jpeg.9f2f27d0a5f6cdfaf181b22047f4804d.jpeg

Deserves to hear that after his past luck with injuries, I'm no fan of the Storm but he's always impressed when he's been on the field, needs a good run of games to really break through.

• Like 1

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc... Ryan Hall's first NRL game; de Belin

The Melbourne Storm are set to lose one of their most promising young back rowers. Stimson is looking increasingly more likely to leave the club. 
___
The most likely destination at this stage is the Canterbury Bulldogs. Dean Pay has chopped & changed his forward pack all season as he desperately chases some consistency. 
___
Stimson provides just that, consistency. He is off contract with the Melbourne Storm at the end of this season & is yet to re-sign
___
Stimson has played 39 games of NRL but is yet to make an appearance in 2019. The 23 year old has played his football with the Sunshine Coast Falcons in the Queensland Cup.
___
His club currently sits atop of the competitions ladder remaining undefeated in all 9 games. In 6 games Stimson has scored 5 tries, made 4 line breaks, 2 line break assists & is averaging 99 running metres. 
___
PS it’s not definite he’ll end up at Doggies.

Elsewhere, the Cowboys outside back stocks have taken another hit, with Ben Hampton out for between three and four months due to a ruptured biceps.

The potentially season ending injury sees Hampton join Nene Macdonald (broken ankle) on the sidelines, while Te Martin is still out indefinitely after he suffered a bleed on his brain last month.

Meanwhile, Roosters reserve half Lachlan Lam has suffered a broken wrist, which will prevent him from potentially filling in for Luke Keary during the Origin period.

Lam is facing 4-6 weeks on the sidelines after suffering the injury while playing for North Sydney, according to NRL.com.

The prognosis is set to rule Lam out of potentially covering for Keary until Origin III.

FULL CASUALTY WARD AND RETURN DATES

BRONCOS

Andrew McCullough (knee) — Round 15

Jack Bird (knee) — season

RAIDERS

Luke Bateman (knee) — Round 11-12

Jordan Rapana (PCL strain) — Round 13-14

Joseph Tapine (ankle) — Round 15-17

John Bateman (eye-socket) — Round 15-17

Joey Leilua (neck) — season

BULLDOGS

Adam Elliott (leg) — Round 12

Jayden Okunbor (foot) — Round 15

SHARKS

Matt Moylan (hamstring) — Round 11

Shaun Johnson (hamstring) — Round 11

Wade Graham (knee) — Round 13

Aaron Woods (foot/ankle) — Round 14

TITANS

Shannon Boyd (concussion) — Round 11

Michael Gordon (leg) — Round 11

Phillip Sami (ankle) — Round 14

Nathan Peats (pectoral) — Round 14

Ryan James (knee) — season

SEA EAGLES

Tom Trbojevic (hamstring) — Round 11-12

lachlan Croker (hamstring) — Round 11-12

Daly Cherry-Evans (ankle) — Round 11-12

Moses Suli (finger) — Round 14

Toafofoa Sipley (ACL) — season

Albert Hopoate (ACL) — season

STORM

Jahrome Hughes (concussion) — Round 11

Albert Vete (shoulder) — Round 12

Scott Drinkwater (pectoral) — Round 13

Christian Welch (knee) — Round 15-16

Curtis Scott (fractured foot) — Round 20

Tom Eisenhuth (throat) — indefinite

KNIGHTS

Aidan Guerra (broken ankle) — Round 22

Slade Griffin (knee) — indefinite

Nathan Ross — retired

COWBOYS

Josh McGuire (calf) — Round 11

Enari Tuala (quad) — Round 13

Ben Hampton (biceps) — Round 22-25

Te Maire Martin (brain bleed) — indefinite

Kurt Wiltshire (knee) — season

Nene Macdonald (ankle) — season

EELS

Maika Sivo (suspended) — Round 11

Michael Jennings (calf) — Round 12

Ray Stone (hamstring) — Round 12

Nathan Brown (pectoral) — Round 14

Dylan Brown (back) — indefinite

Kaysa Pritchard (personal leave) — indefinite

PANTHERS

James Maloney (suspension) — Round 12

Wayde Egan (shoulder) — Round 13

Malakai Watene-Zelezniak (ribs) — Round 13

Isaah Yeo (shoulder) — Round 14

Jed Cartwright (shoulder) — Round 14

Sam McKendry (knee) — indefinite

Tyrone May (suspension) — indefinite

RABBITOHS

Braidon Burns (hamstring) — Round 13

Alex Johnston (knee) — Round 13-14

Kyle Turner (toe) — Round 14-15

Cory Denniss (shoulder) — Round 20

Adam Doueihi (knee) — indefinite

Kurt Dillon (ankle) — indefinite

DRAGONS

Korbin Sims (arm) — Round 11

Corey Norman (cheekbone) — Round 11-13

Gareth Widdop (shoulder) — Round 20

Jack de Belin (suspension) — indefinite

ROOSTERS

Siosiua Taukeiaho (groin) — 11

Daniel Tupou (neck) — Round 11

Boyd Cordner (concussion) — Round 11

Brett Morris (knee) — Round 12

Lachlan Lam (wrist) — Round 14-16

Jake Friend (biceps) — Round 20-25

WARRIORS

Peta Hiku (concussion) — Round 11

Nathaniel Roache (back) — Round 11

Agnatius Paasi (suspension) — Round 12

TIGERS

Ben Matulino (concussion) — Round 11

Josh Reynolds (knee) — Round 13

Chris Lawrence (jaw) — Round 14

The Roosters are eying Ipswich rookie Sam Walker as the club’s long-term replacement for Cooper Cronk, reports the Daily Telegraph.

The 16-year old is the son of former NRL great Ben Walker, and the pair were in Sydney two weeks ago to hold talks with the reigning premiers.

Trent Robinson and Luke Keary were both at the meeting to discuss the youngster’s future.

The Ipswich Grammar Student was signed to a development scholarship with the Broncos when he was 12, but that deal expires this year.

He is also being courted by the Australian Rugby Union.

• Graham changed the title to Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, NRL news etc...Casualty Ward; Okunbar; Prodigy; Jake Granville Judiciary Outcome

There's an Origin Team selector here:  https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin/teams/new-south-wales/geoff-tooveys-blues-team-five-debutants-and-a-front-row-bolter/news-story/96fab9044c25d7e772b0b40feb3c5857

They not only don't include Josh Morris as an option at centre, if you search "Josh Morris" it says "no search results found" or similar. I mean, he's old, not dead.

OriginBlues2019.png.a287e0a0cda247eb11b060d701064036.png

22 hours ago, Graham said:

The Roosters are eying Ipswich rookie Sam Walker as the club’s long-term replacement for Cooper Cronk, reports the Daily Telegraph.

The 16-year old is the son of former NRL great Ben Walker, and the pair were in Sydney two weeks ago to hold talks with the reigning premiers.

"Great?!?!?!" The English language must be rolling over in its grave, which is in America, probably near Hollywood.

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Not sure I like the look of that Queensland team much!!!!!

They’ve been carried by the big 3/4 for so long I think it is going to be a tough couple of years. 

Just now, bobbruce said:

They’ve been carried by the big 3/4 for so long I think it is going to be a tough couple of years. 

I agree but I would question the selection of Michael morgan in the centre and Munster at FB. I would have Munster in the halves. 

The pack looks weak too. I haven’t looked at the options but they’re really gonna struggle if that’s the best they’ve got. A lot of average players.

Has Papali confirmed he’s playing Origin over internationals?

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I agree but I would question the selection of Michael morgan in the centre and Munster at FB. I would have Munster in the halves. 

The pack looks weak too. I haven’t looked at the options but they’re really gonna struggle if that’s the best they’ve got. A lot of average players.

Has Papali confirmed he’s playing Origin over internationals?

I just think they need to have as many of their better players on the pitch. As for Munster they look really week in the fullback position. With it being so important I feel they need one of their most dynamic players there. On the flip side they do have a few options after Munster in the halves so it made sense. Not sure I see many better options for the pack but you’d have to see for yourself at the list they’ve got. Scott an option but I think it’s a bit early for him yet. Not sure about Papalli but he’s on the list. 

3 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I just think they need to have as many of their better players on the pitch. As for Munster they look really week in the fullback position. With it being so important I feel they need one of their most dynamic players there. On the flip side they do have a few options after Munster in the halves so it made sense. Not sure I see many better options for the pack but you’d have to see for yourself at the list they’ve got. Scott an option but I think it’s a bit early for him yet. Not sure about Papalli but he’s on the list. 

Here’s my selection......I agree it’s slim pickings in some positions and a bit of square pegs in round holes. I would’ve preferred Munster at stand off. On the bench I’d have Korbin Sims, either Wallace or Ofahenguae, Cooper and probably Hunt. 

B15DB307-63E0-41FA-B55C-6649366E0329.png

It’s really desperate times if Granville is your best hooker. I can name 4 better hookers than him in Super League.

There are a number of players there that don’t really deserve to be in on form - Gagai being one of them but you could probably throw Gillett, Chambers in with that too

Edited by DoubleD

18 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

It’s really desperate times if Granville is your best hooker. I can name 4 better hookers than him in Super League.

There are a number of players there that don’t really deserve to be in on form - Gagai being one of them but you could probably throw Gillett, Chambers in with that too

That’s just where they are upto at the moment. We have to remember though that before Smith slater cronk and Inglis Queensland traditionally had to play a few players out of position or take a gamble on a youngster hoping he’d be able to step up. So I wouldn’t rule them out just yet. 

9 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

The biggest headache NSW have is the halves. Reynolds and Walker are a good fit but it’s difficult to leave Keary out. Could Keary play scrum half with Walker at stand off?

Walker is definitely their stand out stand off I’m not 100% convinced on Reynolds but it makes sense to use their club partnership if there are no real standout options. 

29 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

That’s just where they are upto at the moment. We have to remember though that before Smith slater cronk and Inglis Queensland traditionally had to play a few players out of position or take a gamble on a youngster hoping he’d be able to step up. So I wouldn’t rule them out just yet. 

It just makes me laugh when some people say it’s the pinnacle of the game.

I can’t see anything other than a NSW win. 

Things are lot more up in the air this year. While I always enjoy Origin, 2019 looks like it might be more intriguing than usual. Who's going to be the new rising star of the series?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

North Queensland centre Justin O'Neill has undergone emergency surgery after rupturing his spleen during the Cowboys' NRL match against the Raiders in Canberra on Saturday.

Key points:

• Justin O'Neill was admitted to a Canberra hospital on Sunday after experiencing trouble breathing
  • O'Neill suffered a severe spleen injury during the Cowboys' win over the Raiders on Saturday
  • His recuperation could take up to six months

O'Neill was admitted to Canberra hospital on Sunday and had the operation a day after scoring a try in his 100th NRL match, the Cowboys' 22-16 win over the Raiders.

O'Neill's father Sean said his son was struggling to breathe on Sunday morning.

"He's had a CAT scan done and he's got a ruptured spleen," he told ABC Grandstand.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-26/nrl-justin-oneil-ruptures-spleen-undergoes-surgery/11151146

13 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

North Queensland centre Justin O'Neill has undergone emergency surgery after rupturing his spleen during the Cowboys' NRL match against the Raiders in Canberra on Saturday.

Key points:

• Justin O'Neill was admitted to a Canberra hospital on Sunday after experiencing trouble breathing
  • O'Neill suffered a severe spleen injury during the Cowboys' win over the Raiders on Saturday
  • His recuperation could take up to six months

O'Neill was admitted to Canberra hospital on Sunday and had the operation a day after scoring a try in his 100th NRL match, the Cowboys' 22-16 win over the Raiders.

O'Neill's father Sean said his son was struggling to breathe on Sunday morning.

"He's had a CAT scan done and he's got a ruptured spleen," he told ABC Grandstand.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-26/nrl-justin-oneil-ruptures-spleen-undergoes-surgery/11151146

I didn't see this game. It's upsetting to hear this.

Best wishes to Justin.