hull fc shirt!

Thread title one letter away from stating the obvious.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The "Legacy" shirt is supposed to have a list of all the players who have made at least one appearance in the first team at Hull FC down the years.

Therefore I assume this list will include said players..

I had an enquiry from Steve Reed who, believe it or not, actually played for Hull in at least one game scoring a try in the process. He was interested in seeing if his name was on the shirt but was understandably reluctant to wander into the Hull club shop and buy one. :biggrin: Sadly for Steve, I think he played under the guise "A N Other" so I don't think he would be included. 

I contacted Hull to ask about the list and they gave me Hull FC historian Bill Dalton's email address so I sent him the query. Unfortunately, this was some weeks ago and, as yet, Bill hasn't replied.

• The list probably has a glitch or 2. Surnames c and d are back to front. Was looking at Colin Davidson 1972 - 1973. The profile is identical to his brother Chris, two very different players. Wonder how accurate the rest is.

Although on my 1st team debut I was a trialist I did sign pro for Hull and played A team over a 3 year period. Always hoped the record would be corrected and credit given where due!

From what you say Steve it sounds like, whilst the idea behind the shirt was a good one, they haven't seemed to make sure of it's accuracy, although I imagine this would be near impossible. 

Just be happy you once played for the famous Black and Whites, I'd love to have that on my CV.   :good:

Yes I think it was a great idea but asking too much to list every player who ever played in history of 150 years. Rovers stuck to the 15 who played at Wembley in 1980!

I would have been proud to wear that shirt but memories of the famous Black and White remain. Inherited Clives jockstrap...big balls to fill....free entry to Rovers and City....hitting Steve Pitchford...being abused playing for Hull at Craven Park by those I sat alongside for years...good memories. Probably best of all playing alongside Tony Banham, never a dull moment...oh and Don Robson.

Yes I think it was a great idea but asking too much to list every player who ever played in history of 150 years. Rovers stuck to the 15 who played at Wembley in 1980!

I would have been proud to wear that shirt but memories of the famous Black and White remain. Inherited Clives jockstrap...big balls to fill....free entry to Rovers and City....hitting Steve Pitchford...being abused playing for Hull at Craven Park by those I sat alongside for years...good memories. Probably best of all playing alongside Tony Banham, never a dull moment...oh and Don Robson.

I was once a teammate of Tony Banham's. You're right about never a dull moment, Steve. I never played alongside Don Robson but I remember playing against him. I think he was at Priestman's at the time and scored around forty tries that season. Some going for a forward.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

No permission needed to use names. Bill tried to list every player who played first team football and it's something he worked on for a long time. He's done the same for HKR too. As had already said, it gets complicated when an A.N. Other played and there's no indication anywhere whether they were subsequently signed or went elsewhere. Every club struggles to get a complete list without errors. It's a mammoth task.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

The "Legacy" shirt is supposed to have a list of all the players who have made at least one appearance in the first team at Hull FC down the years.

Therefore I assume this list will include said players..

I had an enquiry from Steve Reed who, believe it or not, actually played for Hull in at least one game scoring a try in the process. He was interested in seeing if his name was on the shirt but was understandably reluctant to wander into the Hull club shop and buy one. :biggrin: Sadly for Steve, I think he played under the guise "A N Other" so I don't think he would be included. 

I contacted Hull to ask about the list and they gave me Hull FC historian Bill Dalton's email address so I sent him the query. Unfortunately, this was some weeks ago and, as yet, Bill hasn't replied.

My uncle Brendan is on that list! :) 

Archived