Limehurst Lions

Hollinwooder

andykenny, when you go to the next meeting can you find out why the club don't put statements out to respond to this and give their side of the story. I'm sure that the Limehurst Lions side is not made up so why can't the club be open and respond?

And please ask why our chairman as a paid employee of the club how he can neglect to represent the club at games whilst picking up a salary at another club. I wish I could get that kind of work eh! This really winds me up as every other aspect of the club is neglected so much so he can't even respond with emails and phone calls but still gets paid. It beggars belief.

I know you guys are working well with CH and trust everything you are doing but the more I hear about him the more I despise everything he's done to our club and the more I want him out.

Well......Strange though it may seem CH has answered the leigh question.He did so in first meeting.

I will put it like this.If I was CH I would be on here saying this.

As paying supporters you have made a fair point .The reason for taking on paid employment is because Oldham does not give me an income at the moment. I have neglected by own income for a while but it is foolish to carry on. I can be there for most matches but will miss the odd one.Its a price that has to be paid.

This is the gist of what CH said at meeting one.

Then again I am not CH.

Regarding Limehurst I will put the questions assuming theres another meeting and I am allowed there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that mean Lions have left without talking to Oldham rlfc first? Would love to see the Lions continue at Whitebank but whatever happens, wish them well for the future.

We have tried to make contact but never get a reply we had a meeting in Feb still waiting feedback how long do we wait? We don't leave the ground until 12th July unless we get kicked off that is!!

Do you mind if I ask a question Limehirst Linos fan

Approximately how many times and how have you tried to contact CH since Feb?

Not doubting you, but just more ino before judging.

Obviosuly there is a big difference  between a couple of emails in those 4 months,that might have been deleted due to spam settings and never beenr recieved,  and a phone call every couple of weeks chasing.

Well......Strange though it may seem CH has answered the leigh question.He did so in first meeting.

I will put it like this.If I was CH I would be on here saying this.

As paying supporters you have made a fair point .The reason for taking on paid employment is because Oldham does not give me an income at the moment. I have neglected by own income for a while but it is foolish to carry on. I can be there for most matches but will miss the odd one.Its a price that has to be paid.

This is the gist of what CH said at meeting one.

Then again I am not CH.

Regarding Limehurst I will put the questions assuming theres another meeting and I am allowed there.

Cheers Andy.

Basically what he is saying is all of the income streams (RFL, sponsors etc) to the club are used to keep the club going and pay the players and there is nothing then left in the kitty to pay him a wage.

Do you mind if I ask a question Limehirst Linos fan

Approximately how many times and how have you tried to contact CH since Feb?

Not doubting you, but just more ino before judging.

Obviosuly there is a big difference between a couple of emails in those 4 months,that might have been deleted due to spam settings and never beenr recieved, and a phone call every couple of weeks chasing.

Sod them just leave.How can you give notice when there is nobody there to give it to?.Good luck to the Lions for the future.Its massively disappointing you are being treated in this way.In rugby league we are supposed to be family.

Singe.....in reply to your question of how many times we have tried to contact Mr Hamilton to inform him of our plans Mr Hamilton spoke to a member of his staff. He asked this person why we wanted a meeting with him? His answer was "How should I know" He then asked his staff member if they had upset the Lions and was told "Definitely not".

So Mr Hamilton knows we would like to speak to him urgently but he as decided, for whatever reason, that the only person who will be at the meeting is his PA Fiona. I do hope this clarification helps you with your judgement

Well what a surprise...A meeting was  arranged for this evening, then suddenly it has to be cancelled due to an appointment(PA). I definitely get the feeling that nobody wishes to meet us from ORLFC. We are being as flexible as we can with arrangements.. What do ORLFC want from us ....

Do you know what. The RFL must know what is happening at York and Oldham. This is not ownership it is death by a thousand cuts. To be fair to Swinton and Hornets it is looking better for them. But why would LSV want to employ CH with his handling of ORLFC.

We have emailed at least once a month and tried sending messages through his PA fiona still no answer we havent even been able to give notice due to no answer from orlfc

Singe.....in reply to your question of how many times we have tried to contact Mr Hamilton to inform him of our plans Mr Hamilton spoke to a member of his staff. He asked this person why we wanted a meeting with him? His answer was "How should I know" He then asked his staff member if they had upset the Lions and was told "Definitely not".

So Mr Hamilton knows we would like to speak to him urgently but he as decided, for whatever reason, that the only person who will be at the meeting is his PA Fiona. I do hope this clarification helps you with your judgement

Thank you. Clearly it does (I  emphasise, I  was not doubting you, just not doing a knee jerk reaction)

I appreciate the clarification.

It seems he is reverting to type.

As long as he as his volunteers to help him run the club and to shield him from awkward situations or answering the fans concerns he sits happy in his own little world.

Its ok saying that he along with three others saved the club but were are the other other three now and why did they leave. Its the same with BQ who put money into the club and gave plenty of support to CH and the club. We all know what the one common denominator in this is.

One man cannot run a rugby club without others working with him to discuss ideas on how best to take the club forward.

The club at the moment is like a ship floundering at sea. 

Devoid of a crew or a sea worthy captain.

I think it is time for the Rugby Football League and Companies house to investigate just how the club is run and why the legal obligations that the club has are not met on time.

For the sake of the club, the interests of the fans this is long overdue.

Will it happen is the 64 million dollar question.

It has been  rumoured many times that there are people ready to come in and invest in the club if they knew what the finances are but the facts are never revealed despite CH saying he would welcome interested parties.

These like minded interested parties should get together and ask the RFL if they could set up a second Professional club in the town, play at Boundary Park ( Sports Direct ) and  work with, embrace and help the amateur clubs with the development of the young players in and around the town for the future  and interest of rugby league in the town.

It would be far better than having a one man band running things.

to dev

Archived