Limehurst Lions

Hollinwooder

Have heard Limehurst Lions are moving to Hollinwood C.C as they are fed up with the restrictions given by CH. Thought he was trying to sell the image of ORLFC as a Community friendly Club?. Surely the Landlords (i.e Oldham Council) have a say who plays on the meadow?.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone that is interested our understanding is cost is a major factor in limehurst lions moving grounds.The restrictions of making money for our amateur club was limited due to the bar belonging to orlfc,kitchen unfit for use so having to pay for outside catering and bar not stocked for functions. Chairperson, vice chairperson and secretary had face to face meeting with orlfc with to date still no response to requests. As sad as we are to leave we have no choice or no club!! Thanks to players coaching staff and fans for your continued support of our Arflc Limehurst Lions

Limehurst fan hit the nail right on the head committee worked to hard to see our beloved club be bleed dry and kids not having a club to come to in 12 months and again thanks to all fans and players for all ur support in the past and hope u continue to support us

The big shame about it is the kids. Limehurst Lions and other teams they were in awe at playing at a professional club so we know it is something that has not been done lightly by Limehurst committee. We are based in an under privileged area and for most kids this will be the closest they get to playing in a stadium rather than just a field.

So sorry you have to leave.Obviously there is money that needs to be generated to keep a club going.Sometimes hard decisions have to be made but the long term future of the club is paramount. If Chris is as restrictive as you say then its a joke.I hope for the future of rugby league in the area you go from strength to strength. Good luck,your doing a fantastic job keeping the youngsters fit and healthy in an age of the games console.

Why isn't the club engaging with limehust lions why isn't the club helping them, why aren't the players helping to coach the children

The children are the next generation of fans of Oldham

For me it's disgusting

It appears to me that in the early days of Limeside Lions, the club did everything possible to accommodate them and that did include some coaching (Lucas Onyango, for one was involved). The relationship has clearly broken down for various reasons and that it is probably a 2-way matter and what we must bear in mind is, that Oldham RLFC can ill afford to be a charity for local organisations when the professional club itself has to be run on a tight budget.

So, before fans get involved with criticising the club on every issue, it would be a good idea to establish all the facts before doing so.       

The chairman of Oldham rugby league was charging them a fortune doesn't give a damp about the future have you not realised in the last five years want he like there all the grants gone we will be getting kick out off the school next

I'm led to believe that the club stopped the players coaching the kids. Isn't one of the remits in getting whitebank was it was open for the community

I know Oldham rlfc is a business, but all the kids were allowed to do is use the pitch.

Maybe if the club was opened for the community and let the estate have darts snooker etc the club would make money through the year

Just a quick 1 for logic limehurst lions has never expected the ground rent for free (charity)as I was the 1 who said we should be paying a fee for use of ground and facilities but didn't expect to pay as much as we have and for the benefit of all lions never wanted to leave whitebank we just don't have a choice if we still want children to play rugby league in this part of Oldham for the long term think we should draw a line under this until we spoke to orlfc first

Archived