25-26 Jul: The Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

Some upsets today as Bradford beaten by Fax 20-16.

I started watching Bradford Northern in 1975. Today, I didn't even bother going. That's a reflection of just how much I feel about the current coaching regime. Next week, we'll probably sign another five players for the duration of the play-offs.

Yes, you're right. I'll still be there for 90% of next season's games. There's one born every minute.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I started watching Bradford Northern in 1975. Today, I didn't even bother going. That's a reflection of just how much I feel about the current coaching regime. Next week, we'll probably sign another five players for the duration of the play-offs.

Yes, you're right. I'll still be there for 90% of next season's games. There's one born every minute.

That's the nature of being a sports fan surely?

Do you think Bradford will make it back to Superleague for next season?

That's the nature of being a sports fan surely?

Do you think Bradford will make it back to Superleague for next season?

To draw an analogy with football, we are the  equivalent of Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves and Portsmouth.

According to we fans, we "deserve" to be at the top table. Unfortunately, whether we actually earn the right to be there, will depend on us receiving more than our share of good fortune.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

A game well worth the 200 odd mile round trip to the Shay. Halifax were excellent and the place was bouncing at the Bradford end from start to finish. Best atmosphere of the season so far. Would have been better if more Fax fans had turned out though.

As for the result, well a familiar tale of not being able to break solid teams down when your 1,6 & 7 are still all missing. Word is that they are fit and ready for the 8s so it would have been stupid to risk them in this match. Sidlow, Ferguson and AOB (1/2) rested for this game as well. Add those 6 players in and I don't think 40 points would have been beyond us. As it was, for the second week running, a stray pass near the end of the game intercepted and a length of the field try to take the spoils.

Disappointed to have lost but realistic to see from last week and this that we've good reason to be optimistic.

Anyway, long pre-season over... Now it starts.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

To draw an analogy with football, we are the  equivalent of Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves and Portsmouth.

According to we fans, we "deserve" to be at the top table. Unfortunately, whether we actually earn the right to be there, will depend on us receiving more than our share of good fortune.

I don't think any of those fans properly think they "deserve" to be at the top table in football (certainly not Pompy!) - as much as I hate to say it, the more time marches on, we're pretty much the Leeds United of RL at the moment - I wish there was a better analogy but I don't think there is one!

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I don't think any of those fans properly think they "deserve" to be at the top table in football (certainly not Pompy!) - as much as I hate to say it, the more time marches on, we're pretty much the Leeds United of RL at the moment - I wish there was a better analogy but I don't think there is one!

Oh no. I can't believe you've said that.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Archived