Crusaders

Crusaders not going as well this season so far. Lost by 1 point to Hornets; won and lost one to Midlands. Didn’t get hammered by Keighley. We should certainly win (please God) but no room for complacency as the Boundary Park play-off debacle last season proved. Surely time for Mackenzie to get a run out - and please some variety from the bench. 5pm kick off remember.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday, you know you're always welcome in North Wales.

The club are running a promotion on tickets for this game. Save yourselves from queuing up for tickets on the day (only one ticket booth at the ground) as well as saving a few quid by ordering online, and getting your tickets sent to your email address.

Click on the link below and there's a further link to buy tickets in advance. Have a good journey and please go easy on us!

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/post/big-match-preview-crusaders-v-oldham

Edited by fearnowt
  • Like 5

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Crusaders not going as well this season so far. Lost by 1 point to Hornets; won and lost one to Midlands. Didn’t get hammered by Keighley. We should certainly win (please God) but no room for complacency as the Boundary Park play-off debacle last season proved. Surely time for Mackenzie to get a run out - and please some variety from the bench. 5pm kick off remember.

Don't think Mackenzie is fit yet (not even in full training with the squad). Expect Pat Moran to be back and possibly O'Keefe (more likely the next game). With Lawton and Wardle out and others nursing injuries from Keighley, the squad announcement could be interesting. It will also be interesting to see what Long does with halfback / fullback positions. This won't be easy.

Edited by Roughyed Rats
  • Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

PLT, Mo, O 'Keefe, Johnson/Morgan, Tyrer, Craven, Astley, Kopzcak, Wildie, Farnworth, Gallagher, Taylor, J Chapelhow. subs: Paga, T Chapelhow, Hirst, Moran.

We're definitely light at centre and back row with our injuries but I think this looks a much better balanced team than last weeks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday, you know you're always welcome in North Wales.

The club are running a promotion on tickets for this game. Save yourselves from queuing up for tickets on the day (only one ticket booth at the ground) as well as saving a few quid by ordering online, and getting your tickets sent to your email address.

Click on the link below and there's a further link to buy tickets in advance. Have a good journey and please go easy on us!

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/post/big-match-preview-crusaders-v-oldham

Looking forward to visiting you guys. Should be a great afternoon 

3 hours ago, m brooksy said:

PLT, Mo, O 'Keefe, Johnson/Morgan, Tyrer, Craven, Astley, Kopzcak, Wildie, Farnworth, Gallagher, Taylor, J Chapelhow. subs: Paga, T Chapelhow, Hirst, Moran.

We're definitely light at centre and back row with our injuries but I think this looks a much better balanced team than last weeks.

I'd be surprised if he leaves Ellis out - Astley on the bench for me.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Bit late...

2 tries apiece.  

Morgan was off injured early on too.  

Some major questions need to be asked of Long at this point.

Yes, you can use the injuries excuse, but we have a squad Crusaders could only dream of and a starting 13 that should have been far too good out there today.

You can’t ignore the worrying patterns we’ve seen in a lot of games this season, slow starts, poor discipline, poor defence. We are looking more and more like a team just thrown on to the pitch with better players expected to go and win rather than having any real plan or structure.

• Like 4

What a finish! Very unstructured towards the end but have to say Wildie in the halves and Aldridge at hooker totally changed the game.

as others say, lots to do but well done longy for changing it up when the game looked lost

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

What a win 24-25 huge comeback that when questions were being asked of us

Given we only just managed to get 17 on the pitch it was a great victory.  Some of those were clearly not 100% fit. We lost Kian Morgan after 7 minutes. Ted Chaplehow 18th man, could hardly walk let alone play. 

Edited by sheddingswasus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Given we only just managed to get 17 on the pitch it was a great victory.  Some of those were clearly not 100% fit. We lost Kian Morgan after 7 minutes. Ted Chaplehow 18th man, could hardly walk let alone play. 

I'm sure Kopcaz is playing with a knock.  Barely played against Keighley last week.  Then today played 2 minutes before half time and 15 minutes after excluding his 10 minutes in the sin bin!  He must be playing on one leg! 

• Like 1