Jump to content

Crusaders


Recommended Posts

Crusaders not going as well this season so far. Lost by 1 point to Hornets; won and lost one to Midlands. Didn’t get hammered by Keighley. We should certainly win (please God) but no room for complacency as the Boundary Park play-off debacle last season proved. Surely time for Mackenzie to get a run out - and please some variety from the bench. 5pm kick off remember.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday, you know you're always welcome in North Wales.

The club are running a promotion on tickets for this game. Save yourselves from queuing up for tickets on the day (only one ticket booth at the ground) as well as saving a few quid by ordering online, and getting your tickets sent to your email address.

Click on the link below and there's a further link to buy tickets in advance. Have a good journey and please go easy on us!

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/post/big-match-preview-crusaders-v-oldham

Edited by fearnowt
  • Like 5

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Crusaders not going as well this season so far. Lost by 1 point to Hornets; won and lost one to Midlands. Didn’t get hammered by Keighley. We should certainly win (please God) but no room for complacency as the Boundary Park play-off debacle last season proved. Surely time for Mackenzie to get a run out - and please some variety from the bench. 5pm kick off remember.

Don't think Mackenzie is fit yet (not even in full training with the squad). Expect Pat Moran to be back and possibly O'Keefe (more likely the next game). With Lawton and Wardle out and others nursing injuries from Keighley, the squad announcement could be interesting. It will also be interesting to see what Long does with halfback / fullback positions. This won't be easy.

Edited by Roughyed Rats
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

PLT, Mo, O 'Keefe, Johnson/Morgan, Tyrer, Craven, Astley, Kopzcak, Wildie, Farnworth, Gallagher, Taylor, J Chapelhow. subs: Paga, T Chapelhow, Hirst, Moran.

We're definitely light at centre and back row with our injuries but I think this looks a much better balanced team than last weeks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday, you know you're always welcome in North Wales.

The club are running a promotion on tickets for this game. Save yourselves from queuing up for tickets on the day (only one ticket booth at the ground) as well as saving a few quid by ordering online, and getting your tickets sent to your email address.

Click on the link below and there's a further link to buy tickets in advance. Have a good journey and please go easy on us!

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/post/big-match-preview-crusaders-v-oldham

Looking forward to visiting you guys. Should be a great afternoon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, m brooksy said:

PLT, Mo, O 'Keefe, Johnson/Morgan, Tyrer, Craven, Astley, Kopzcak, Wildie, Farnworth, Gallagher, Taylor, J Chapelhow. subs: Paga, T Chapelhow, Hirst, Moran.

We're definitely light at centre and back row with our injuries but I think this looks a much better balanced team than last weeks.

I'd be surprised if he leaves Ellis out - Astley on the bench for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bit late...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 tries apiece.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morgan was off injured early on too.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some major questions need to be asked of Long at this point.

Yes, you can use the injuries excuse, but we have a squad Crusaders could only dream of and a starting 13 that should have been far too good out there today.

You can’t ignore the worrying patterns we’ve seen in a lot of games this season, slow starts, poor discipline, poor defence. We are looking more and more like a team just thrown on to the pitch with better players expected to go and win rather than having any real plan or structure.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a finish! Very unstructured towards the end but have to say Wildie in the halves and Aldridge at hooker totally changed the game.

as others say, lots to do but well done longy for changing it up when the game looked lost

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

What a win 24-25 huge comeback that when questions were being asked of us

Given we only just managed to get 17 on the pitch it was a great victory.  Some of those were clearly not 100% fit. We lost Kian Morgan after 7 minutes. Ted Chaplehow 18th man, could hardly walk let alone play. 

Edited by sheddingswasus
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Given we only just managed to get 17 on the pitch it was a great victory.  Some of those were clearly not 100% fit. We lost Kian Morgan after 7 minutes. Ted Chaplehow 18th man, could hardly walk let alone play. 

I'm sure Kopcaz is playing with a knock.  Barely played against Keighley last week.  Then today played 2 minutes before half time and 15 minutes after excluding his 10 minutes in the sin bin!  He must be playing on one leg! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.