Stuffed

The Baron Mk11

Great post Gremlin!

I have posted in length on a couple of occasions in a similar vein already, this pre-season is crucial for me, it's all about the clubs vision and ambition on the playing front because despite some of the views on here about things being ok, for me this season certainly has not by a long way and there needs to be a change of approach. I know what I'd like to see happen (a change of coach) and with one or two additions I don't think the squad is a long way off but its time that the on field activities match the positivity off it.

Duel Registration link ups cause disruption and have very few benefits (washing the kit should not be classed as one of them) do what other clubs have done scrap it and go it alone. You know where you stand then warts and all.

Sign loan players that's fine for a fixed period where you are guaranteed the availability.

Hornets should not need propping up, this super duper structure should be viable by now if its going to work.

Any link up should formally be with Hopwood Hall - the future.

As I have said before to be a Director there should be a minimum of a 5k levy.

Not sure that the likes of Carl Forster, Ant Walker, Joe Greenwood, Matt Dawson etc had few benefits to the club⚠️⚠️

If we are to use the 5k as a minimum level for standing as a director then there are plenty of previous directors that failed to reach that requirement?

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

Not sure that the likes of Carl Forster, Ant Walker, Joe Greenwood, Matt Dawson etc had few benefits to the club⚠️⚠️

If we are to use the 5k as a minimum level for standing as a director then there are plenty of previous directors that failed to reach that requirement?

Racked my brains on this one regarding plenty of Directors without money in. The usual share issue to a new Director was 10k - not 5k. I've got the "old clubs" share register at home so that is a fact. Of course many of the Directors held far more the 10.000 £1 shares. Indeed 100,000 shares have been held by individuals in the past. It was the best way to transfer a loan to a stake in the club.

Of course there was Directors that "loaned" the club money but seemed to want it back pronto without the option of transferring it into a share issue.

And the Co-Op concept was also available - you could buy a share for £1. This got you admittance into the shareholders meeting and a vote.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I understood that Rochdale Hornets Ltd only ever issued 2000 ordinary shares at 50p each?

I don't often agree with Hornets Nest but he his correct on this matter. In my case anyway. My wife and I were invited to buy a couple of £ 1 shares years ago so we could attend shareholders meetings. I had the share certificate framed !

However in the case of a vote we only one share/vote each. Obviously multiple shareholders had more votes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I understood that Rochdale Hornets Ltd only ever issued 2000 ordinary shares at 50p each?

You are quite right Cameron a "share" in the Company was priced at 50p but the minimum transaction was two shares in the Company. The Company kept operating for so long due to the fact that Directors were wiling to "trade" loans given to the club into shares hence some Directors had six figure sums in shares quite often dispersed around family members. Many of the Shares were of coursed passed through generations.

A new share issue could only ever be sanctioned by the Shareholders themselves, but a new Board member was encouraged to buy shares in the Company in return for cash (back to the original point of a levy)

In all my time attending Shareholders meetings the "block" voting system was only ever used once in 1992. Other than that is was one shareholder one vote.

I'm not going to sit and count how many shares were in circulation upon the demise however it was far more than 2000.

• 2 weeks later...

If I were you I'd wait until after Sundays game before I came on this site on a wind up.

Well that Sunday came and went with the only game that mattered being Oldham v Keithley, huge congratulations to Oldham for their rightly deserved promotion btw. But it wouldn't have mattered who we had to face in the play off cos' the NWC "Fear Nothing"

Now for this weekend and the play off game between NWC and Cougars should be a cracker and as usual I'm sure that win or lose there will still be great relations between the 2 clubs sets of supporters, we even took a minibus full to cheers them against Widnes last season.

Win or lose, I just hope its a good game and  played in the right spirit.

Well that Sunday came and went with the only game that mattered being Oldham v Keithley, huge congratulations to Oldham for their rightly deserved promotion btw. But it wouldn't have mattered who we had to face in the play off cos' the NWC "Fear Nothing"

Now for this weekend and the play off game between NWC and Cougars should be a cracker and as usual I'm sure that win or lose there will still be great relations between the 2 clubs sets of supporters, we even took a minibus full to cheers them against Widnes last season.

Win or lose, I just hope its a good game and  played in the right spirit.

Is it quiet in Wales today ? What has any of that to do with Rochdale Hornets in any way ?

Archived