It MIGHT be BP

SINGE

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, from the Latics website:

BREAKING NEWS: North Stand Test Event Given Go Ahead

The club is delighted to announce that as a result of the tireless efforts and cooperation of all the relevant parties to ensure a safe environment for supporters, today’s North Stand test event (Latics v Sheff Utd) can proceed as planned.

Full article here

I wonder how long before we get the where we'll be playing announcement :)

I wish your chairman would hurry-up and announce where Oldham RLFC will play next season. The club I support is Manchester Rangers. An up and coming amateur club, but unfortunately they play their games on a Friday evening when I work. So I only managed to attend four games there last season. So I went to watch Salford about ten games to get to see live Rugby League and of course it's a higher level. I went to Swinton three times.

Well this season Salford are playing their games on Friday nights. So they've made my mind up for me. I won't be going there.

So it's between Swinton and Oldham which are both very easy for me to attend from North Manchester.

Swinton have an early bird Season ticket offer which I'm considering. But the prospect of watching Rugby League in a brand new stand at BP with all the facilities that go with

it is making me hold on, and wait.

I intend to buy 2 season tickets. Come on CH. Pull your finger out. Because there a probably a few like me.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Seems appropriate to post this then:

https://cldup.com/uuI1gccqSuO/J

3VMhC.png

Haha.I do think it is time now. Opportunities are being missed.

I'm a prime example of a modern day (Soft) sports fan. I'll watch amateur RL in a wind swept,muddy

damp field. Don't mind that.

But I won't pay 15/20 quid to

attend pro RL, Unless the facilities are upto scratch.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Its really poor, season ticket prices should have been set two weeks prior to the end of the season. The ground issue should have been resolved weeks ago. We all know the rfl must have approved oldhams ground at the end of July

To negate the problem of the play off issue the club should and could taken deposits on season tickets offering us the fans an early bird discount of say 10 pound with an indication of possible championship or championship one prices.

Surely this is foreseeable simple business management

At the end of the day we all want a strong successful Rugby Club.

How many customers\fans has the club lost with the delay

Haha.I do think it is time now. Opportunities are being missed.

I'm a prime example of a modern day (Soft) sports fan. I'll watch amateur RL in a wind swept,muddy

damp field. Don't mind that.

The passionate loyal supporter's do that's why they get a season ticket buy match programmes spend money in the club shop on shirts etc and  sponsor players .

chappy

Haha.I do think it is time now.

Opportunities are being missed.

damp field. Don't mind that

The passionate loyal supporter's do that's why they get a season ticket

buy match programmes spend money in the club shop on shirts etc and sponsor players .

I'm probably not as passionate as them.....I just expect half decent facilties when attending pro RL. Still, I've attended with the upcoming internationals 20 RL games this year. OH forgot the Grand Final: 21.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

What for free or are you saying whitebank wasn't worth paying money in to watch the Roughyeds lol

chappy

What for free or are you saying whitebank wasn't worth paying money in to watch the Roughyeds lol

I've paid for every game I've been to this season. (I've not been to Whitebank since I played football there once) on one occasion paying for 5 tickets for family members who've never been to a Rugby League game.

What is it about Whitebank I don't like , and wouldn't pay for? It's been done to death on here. But the team have played superb by all accounts this season. And good luck to them. But Whitebank is not fit for purpose. If they were to ever get a couple of thousand there on a wet February day. It would be borderline dangerous.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

Seriously, February?... All the other clubs are doing all their season ticket promotions today.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

Hi Mancrl.I think spud was pulling your leg.Not even Oldham is that slow off the mark.I don't think they

are anyway,

haha, I fell for that one.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

Good spot on Latics website..

dec666, on 18 Oct 2015 - 7:49 PM, said:snapback.png

Championship fixtures have been released tonight and Oldham have three consecutive away games in June. Could tie in with work on the pitch at BP?

I've heard season tickets are going on sale in time for the 2025 season(joke).Whichever ground we end up at Mancrl I hope you can get down for the odd game.We'll need the support more than ever.

it won't be the odd game, I'm waiting to see if it's Boundary Park. And the fixtures stay on a Sunday. It'll be two season tickets i'll be getting.

​​ 

​                       

​                        

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a few tweets coming out.

'Beyond our control'

Quite a few issues to be resolved before a formal agreement can be signed

'Amongst other issues is the wear and tear on the out CH in the winter montgs'

SC has CH by the goolies,is squeezing hard and is making him sweat till he concedes most of his demands. Reliant on goodwill I'd say.

Archived