Feast Your Eyes!

OutsiderLookingIn

I think it's just a case of not being able to publicly rubber stamp the deal until someone from the RFL gives the nod.  I suppose that means someone's got to take a drive over there.   I'm pretty confident there won't be any issue.  

I think it's just a case of not being able to publicly rubber stamp the deal until someone from the RFL gives the nod.  I suppose that means someone's got to take a drive over there.   I'm pretty confident there won't be any issue.  

The issue is Dave, where did CH tell the RFL Oldham would be playing in 2016 back in July.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

The issue is Dave, where did CH tell the RFL Oldham would be playing in 2016 back in July.

Someone posted a while back that all CH had to do was give an assurance that a Championship standard ground would be available.  I suppose it'd be terrible PR for the RFL to deny a founder club promotion after trying for so many years.  They may have bent over backwards to accommodate him.     

Someone posted a while back that all CH had to do was give an assurance that a Championship standard ground would be available. I suppose it'd be terrible PR for the RFL to deny a founder club promotion after trying for so many years. They may have bent over backwards to accommodate him.

Dave Oldham 1997 or whatever version ch is on at the moment is not a founder member of the rfl or super league that club died with the bears. Mr turner first book was the complete history of Oldham rlfc

Fair point and it actually ran through my mind as I typed that reply out.  There's this quote at Wikipedia:

The Roughyeds tag had been a long accepted nickname for the old club. It is however generally accepted that the new club (Oldham Roughyeds) is a legal continuation of the old club formed in 1876.

I don't know on what basis someone submitted that.  I actually have it set in my mind that the two clubs are indeed separate and the original one ceased to exist in 1997.  I see the current "new" club as one carrying on the traditions of the old club by adopting the nickname and wearing the colours.

Dave Oldham 1997 or whatever version ch is on at the moment is not a founder member of the rfl or super league that club died with the bears. Mr turner first book was the complete history of Oldham rlfc

just my two penn'orth, but i think that does the lads of the team a bit of a disservice, to separate them from the rich history of the town team. I know there are some (many) who cannot abide CH, I completely understand it and totally get that.....and yep...after all said and done, its HIS club,

but its the team that don those shirts week in week out, and play their balls off under the banner of the red and whites, and the name of Oldham Roughyeds....for the pride of it (cos lets face it, they dont play for the money, so it must be pride/passion that makes them do it!)

So to make a line that effectively severs them from the full history of the club, is quite sad. Makes them all sound like the stepchildren of ORLFC, who try their hardest to be part of the 'family' but never quite make it, and never quite 'fit' on the family photos in the family album.

just my opinion mind you.

Archived