Serbia Tour to Australia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my experience of Serbs and Croats, the chance of one of them representing the other is about as likely as finding an intelligent thought inside Donald Trump's head.

I would have thought that too but I'd be surprised if this rule was introduced without there being a case brought for some individual. Maybe a Croat or Bosnian of Serbian ethnicity? On the other hand Brian Carney played for Great Britain wearing a union flag so anything is possible.

That is shockingly disappointing and no doubt utterly frustrating for you and Serbia. Do the RLEF or RFL provide you with any support or is it left to the English clubs to sort out?

Very little support to be honest... They do what they can. Also, with Serbia not being in the EU, we do not receive any of the EU funding from the RLEF.

Also, regards to the new eligibility rules... You will never get a Croatian representing Serbia etc... But, there are many Serbs who are from Bosnia/Croatia... My grandfather lived in Croatia all his life in a Serbian Settlement.... So what it means is that it makes Serbs who are from Croatia/Bosnia eligible to play for Serbia. :)

Also, regards to the new eligibility rules... You will never get a Croatian representing Serbia etc... But, there are many Serbs who are from Bosnia/Croatia... My grandfather lived in Croatia all his life in a Serbian Settlement.... So what it means is that it makes Serbs who are from Croatia/Bosnia eligible to play for Serbia. :)

What's the general view of domestic Serbian players regarding using heritage players for the World Cup Qualifiers and then, hopefully, the World Cup itself?

What's the general view of domestic Serbian players regarding using heritage players for the World Cup Qualifiers and then, hopefully, the World Cup itself?

For the world cup qualifiers we understand the need to use heritage players in order to compete and hopefully make the world cup. Serbs are extremely proud people, but the general feeling is that they are happy to join up with heritage players. We won't be using a full team of heritage players, we will use the best Serbian domestic boys mixed with the best heritage boys. Also, unlike some Nations we are constantly working overboard to grow the game domestically, therefore, it will not affect the domestic game in Serbia, if anything the heritage players will enhance the game!

Thanks Cetnik. I like the sound of your approach to heritage players. People on here go a little crazy about it. But if there is the right balance I.e domestic players get plenty of opputunities, especially at the highest level like the World Cup, and the addition of a few heritage players gets the success and thus media exposure that encourages more participants in Serbia, then everyone is a winner.

Shame you are in the same group as Wales, as domestic growth in both countries is to be applauded, although Wales have significant geographical advantages, so my loyalties will be a bit divided.

If you were in the same group as Ireland, who have traditionally relied too much on heritage players (although that is jmproving), I'd definitely be rooting for Serbia.

Best of luck with this brilliant tour in Australia and in the World Cup qualifiers

Thanks Cetnik. I like the sound of your approach to heritage players. People on here go a little crazy about it. But if there is the right balance I.e domestic players get plenty of opputunities, especially at the highest level like the World Cup, and the addition of a few heritage players gets the success and thus media exposure that encourages more participants in Serbia, then everyone is a winner.

Shame you are in the same group as Wales, as domestic growth in both countries is to be applauded, although Wales have significant geographical advantages, so my loyalties will be a bit divided.

If you were in the same group as Ireland, who have traditionally relied too much on heritage players (although that is jmproving), I'd definitely be rooting for Serbia.

Best of luck with this brilliant tour in Australia and in the World Cup qualifiers

Thank you, I think the reason people get frustrated over heritage players, is that certain nations do minimal work to grow the game within the nation and rely completely on heritage players. If you are working hard at growing the game within the country then of course drafting some quality heritage players is going to benefit everyone... If you aren't interested in developing the game and rely purely on heritage players, then I believe that makes a bit of a joke of our game! 

Hopefully we can make that second spot in the world cup qualifiers, then you can come support us at the Leigh Sports Village. However, do not be surprised if we beat both Italy and Wales in the qualifiers, we have some extremely talented players to call upon and also our best domestic players are extremely talented and want this more than anything. I think we are going to cause a few surprises.

Thank you, I think the reason people get frustrated over heritage players, is that certain nations do minimal work to grow the game within the nation and rely completely on heritage players. If you are working hard at growing the game within the country then of course drafting some quality heritage players is going to benefit everyone... If you aren't interested in developing the game and rely purely on heritage players, then I believe that makes a bit of a joke of our game! 

Hopefully we can make that second spot in the world cup qualifiers, then you can come support us at the Leigh Sports Village. However, do not be surprised if we beat both Italy and Wales in the qualifiers, we have some extremely talented players to call upon and also our best domestic players are extremely talented and want this more than anything. I think we are going to cause a few surprises.

I hope you do. No other country would deserve it more for the effort being put in over there at the moment.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fragbiliga.rs%2F2016%2F01%2F08%2F%25d1%2581%25d0%25ba%25d0%25b0%25d1%2598-%25d1%2581%25d0%25bf%25d0%25be%25d1%2580%25d1%2582-%25d0%25be-%25d1%2581%25d1%2580%25d0%25bf%25d1%2581%25d0%25ba%25d0%25be%25d0%25bc-%25d1%2580%25d0%25b0%25d0%25b3%25d0%25b1%25d0%25b8%25d1%2598%25d1%2583-13%2F

Brian Smith's involvement in the national team as a consultant has sparked huge media attention around the globe. So the known network Sky Sports on its website published an article in which he says that the still-current coach of Wakefield Brian Smith to lead Serbia in efforts to qualify for the World Cup in 2017. year. For Smith is said to be after what was coach America, and English Assistant coach Steve Maknamare 2010, in Cup four nation now took on the role of the expert consultant national team of Serbia. Sky Sky-Sports-Logo sports eventually cited President Rugby 13 Federation of Serbia Predrag Pantic: "we agreed for him to take over the role of advisers during the preparations for the competition only in October 2016. year. "

On his Facebook profile, Smith's impressions of his recent visit to Serbia during the new year's holidays. Although he did not know all that much about Serbia insists it is thrilled by what's in a couple of days of your stay video. Including comfortable dvočasovan Air Serbia, excellent accommodation at Hyatt Regency Hotel. In particular he impressed people he met during a brief stay.

The surprise came when he found out that Rugby 13 in Serbia game from 50-IES of the last century. For court SC Inge on whom the team coach, says he is extremely hard but that our players didn't much mind, because it is obvious that they are used to such conditions. Our players described as "young men with large physical potential". Smith says that in 2016 year Rugby 13 Federation of Serbia have three objectives:
1.Tours in Australia from 28.01 to 08.02.2016 years which aims to assess the options that they have players of Serbian descent from Australia and New Zealand. During his stay in Australia, the players from Serbia will together with their counterparts from Australia and New Zealand will participate in the tournament Kabramata 9 in late January and play test match on 5 February protir the Philippines. This team will be made up exclusively of players Filiponskog origin who live and play in Australia.
2.Two qualifying games against Wales and Italy in October month.
3.Development programs for local senior and junior level, as well as the identification and development of young players around the world originated from the former Yugoslavia. More about true performance can be seen on the website of the Football Federation of World 13.

Smith eventually ends with a warning you should pay attention to the Serbian White Eagles, because they are trying to leave a deeper mark in World Rugby League.

Tournament Kabramata 9 is a highly respected and strong. About best says the fact that last year's winner team of Papua New Guinea. The tournament has been involved national teams of Fiji, Samoa, Canada, Portugal, Japan, the Cook Islands, the Philippines, Greece, Malta, Jamaica, Chile, Australian Aboridžana ...

Otherwise, Rugby League of Serbia has adopted a logo of Serbian Australian Football Leagues, as well as an invitation for the match between Serbia and the Philippines, which will take place 05.02.2016 years at 19.30 hours.

rldfsignature.jpg

Going to be quite a group, especially if Italy and Wales get good heritage turn out. I think I'll head over to Leigh Cetnik. I'm hoping to catch the Spain Ireland game as my parents have a house near Alicante, where I presume the game will be played. I'll be rooting for Spain

Spain may play in Valencia.

rldfsignature.jpg

Going to be quite a group, especially if Italy and Wales get good heritage turn out. I think I'll head over to Leigh Cetnik. I'm hoping to catch the Spain Ireland game as my parents have a house near Alicante, where I presume the game will be played. I'll be rooting for Spain

Spain have been doing some great work! They may not be ready this time, but hopefully in a few years they will be pushing!

• 2 weeks later...

The boys have left Serbia and are on the plane to Australia... The boys travelling are:

Stefan Nedeljkovic - Dorcol

Stevan Stevanovic - Dorcol

Dalibor Vukanovic - Dorcol

Vojislav Dedic - Red Star

Vlada Dedic - Red Star

Milos Calic - Red Star

Milos Zogovic - Red Star

Dzavid Jasari - Partizan

Archived