Advice please - World Cup 2017

Plenty of cheap Motels with FOXTEL I can recommend in the Sydney Area.

The Marco Polo Motor Inn, (Summer Hill)

Killara inn (Killara)

Metro Hotel Ryde

Ibis Thornleigh

None of which should cause you to run aup a deficit. Other than that your best bet for accomodation in the Sydney area is on the fringes like Campbelltown, Gosford and Wollongong. But remember Sydney is a big metro area so staying on the fringes means a longish journey there and back.

As a regular down there my tip would be live like a local you have no choice but to buy an OPAL card in Sydney which is cheaper than the old days and reusasble and if in Brisbane a GO CARD rather than the tourst card is your best bet.

Brisbane is clean liveable and much cheaper than Sydney, Melbourne less lovable as a city but also surprisingly cheaper in the city centre. Canberra Uber expensive.

Depending on the tournament dates, it might clash with the start of the 2017-18 Ashes series, with the first test pencilled in at the Gabba for the last week in November 2017. Given the strength of the pound and the Barmy Army there might be a mark up in Brisbane Hotels / Motels if the RL World Cup Final returns to Suncorp at around that time

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending on the tournament dates, it might clash with the start of the 2017-18 Ashes series, with the first test pencilled in at the Gabba for the last week in November 2017. Given the strength of the pound and the Barmy Army there might be a mark up in Brisbane Hotels / Motels if the RL World Cup Final returns to Suncorp at around that time

But didn't Suncorp get the last big final? With the 4N in England this year, it should be Sydney's turn.

or Auckland?

I agree that the ANZ should get it though and we should be looking for an 82k sellout.

They'd have to use Eden Park which is only 50K capacity and it's also a cricket ground but Test cricket crowds aren't huge in NZ so they could easily move the cricket.

Archived