YML 2016

Provisional line up. 

The league seemed to have listened to the clubs in the lower divisions placing stand alone clubs in division 2 and 'A' teams in 3. 

Looks a good spread, my only wish would be that the teams now stay stable and we can have proper promotion and relegation between the divisions.

Premier: Bentley, Beverley, Doncaster Toll Bar, Hull Wyke, Illingworth, Mirfield Stags, Sharlston Rovers, Siddal, West Hull, York Acorn. 

Division 1: Batley Boys, Birstall Victoria, Cutsyke Raiders,  Heworth, Kings Cross Park, Norland Sharks, Ossett Trinity, Scarborough Pirates, Skirlaugh Bulls, Wibsey Warriors.

Division 2: Farnley Falcons, Garforth Tigers, Hillsborough Hawks, Keighley Albion, Knottingley Worms, Leeds Akkies, Moldgreen, York Lokos.

Division 3: Dudley Hill, East Leeds, Elland, Hunslet Warriors, Milford Marlins, Normanton Knights, Oulton Raiders, Shaw Cross Sharks.

Division 4: Allerton Bywater, Dearne Valley Bulldogs, Featherstone Lions, Hunslet Club Parkside, Lock Lane, Scarborough Pirates A, Siddal B, Stanningley.

Division 5: Bramley Buffaloes, Drighlington, Greetland, Mirfield Stags Academy, Nevison Leap, Thornhill Trojans, Wetherby Bulldogs.

Entry League: Batley Boys A, Bentley A, Beverley A, Dearne Valley Bulldogs A, Emley Moor, Hewoth A, Keighley Albion A, Stanley Rangers, Victoria Rangers, West Bowling, York Acorn B.

I certainly think promotion and relegation between premier and division 1 could work, although if teams step up to the NCL or if someone like Upton or West Bowling switched from winter it could leave things out of synch. It gets more complicated lower down due to the different season lengths and the separation of first and reserve teams at division 2/3 level but some loose promotion and relegation could work.

As for the divisional line ups they look well balanced and more stable than last year but there's a couple of anomalies. Allerton Bywater look too low a division and Moldgreen look too high but they may have lost/gained players since last season

• 3 weeks later...

So far I've seen:

Premier Division

Doncaster Toll Bar

Sharlston Rovers

Illingworth

Norland Sharks

West Bowling

Beverley

Hull Wyke

Mirfield Stags

York Acorn A

Siddal A

Division 1

West Hull A

Skirlaugh A

Bentley

Birstall Victoria

Knottingley Worms

Heworth

Wibsey Warriors

Batley Boys

Kings Cross Park

Queensbury

Division 2

Scarborough Pirates

Leeds Akkies

Ossett Trinity

Victoria Rangers

York Lokomotive

Keighley Albion

Cutsyke Raiders

Allerton Bywater

The other divisions appear to be:

Division 3

Oulton Raiders A

Milford Marlins A

Hunslet Warriors A

East Leeds A

Bradford Dudley Hill A

Normanton Knights A

Elland A

Shaw Cross Sharks A

Lock Lane A

Hunslet Club Parkside A

Division 4

Sheffield Hillsborough Hawks

Featherstone Lions A

Stanningley A

Garforth Tigers

Siddal B

Farnley Falcons

Dearne Valley Bulldogs

Thornhill Trojans A

Division 5

Mirfield Stags A

Scarborough Pirates A

Moldgreen

Greetland Allrounders

Bramley Buffaloes

Nevison Leap

Wetherby Bulldogs

Drighlington A

Is it just the 7 in division 5 then or am I missing someone? This is the only division I can't find on Facebook

I honestly don't know, the leagues have been rehashed that many times, must be a tough job for the fixtures secretary.

We only just got our forty twenty cup fixtures last week, and that starts on 5th March, luckily they aren't too far to travel so we won't, be organising a coach, except for maybe one game but that's the last one.

True, our only request was that we were not entered in a league full of second teams, due to unrealibilty of some A teams, which to be fair we have this year and last so it is pretty good.

I do hope all the teams actually travel over to Scarborough too, they have had problems in the past if teams calling off the reverse fixture.

True, our only request was that we were not entered in a league full of second teams, due to unrealibilty of some A teams, which to be fair we have this year and last so it is pretty good.

I do hope all the teams actually travel over to Scarborough too, they have had problems in the past if teams calling off the reverse fixture.

Interestingly your division has 6 ex-RLC sides. But also it follows naturally on from last season with effectively promotion and relegation. I suspect the league will be broken apart a bit next year when lots of clubs your standard start to switch from the Pennine league

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived