LEIGH predictions

town4me

Last year Leigh were running hot, had a settled side, especially the half backs and hadn't brought in new players that had to gel.

IMO last week was worse than the 50 points at home last year

totally agree. The fact we shipped 32 points in 25 minutes is what worries me the most. Last year leigh battered just about everyone, this year theyve only scraped by some sides, through a massive leed away against the bulls and got beat by batley.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[i wouldn't say that at all ! Jeez read the rest of the posts !]

Even though you raise some valid concerns you are consistently negative. I remember last season when we were winning you vanished - sulking? Most on here are capable of the occasional upbeat post every now and then but never you it seems. I guess that's the difference.

This was my first Town game of the season and this fixture needs to be put into context.  Look at the Leigh squad - Hock, Tonga, Chase, Weston, Moimoi,  Hansen, Paterson, Maitua and Higham to name a few - it's a Super League one and a good one at that.

I noticed that our warm up was completely flat compared to that of Leigh.  We looked beaten before we kicked off and the way we started the game was really poor.  The scoreboard was turning over more than a point a minute and I feared the worst.  We did dig in and slowed things down but some of our players looked a bit overawed.

It also didn't that the ref allowed Leigh to never be square at the play the ball.  It was a joke.

A game that needs to be classed as a one off and move on to Friday. 

Archived