LEIGH predictions

town4me

Whenever you speak to any of the players they have nothing but praise for Phil as a coach & all really enjoy working with him, so I don't believe for one minute he has lost the dressing room! Don't forget some of our players are just returning from long term injuries so won't be firing on all cylinders and some are still out injured! Yes we are going through a bad spell but the players don't go out there to get beat, they give 100% everytime! All this talk about Phil having to lift them for Friday is rubbish, the players themselves will be up for it ( unless they are reading all the negativity on here and might just not bother turning up). Everyone wanted Sammut whatever the cost, so if we have no funds available and this is the team we have, then let's get behind them show them some support and get their confidence back up, they are not a bad team and I am sure they will turn their season around.

You're kidding yourself. We were a poor team for most of last year until Sammut came in and papered over the cracks. We can't expect him to do it week in week out, others in the team need to step up and show some leadership and all of them need to look at their current performance levels as the current standards aren't good enough to make an impact in this league. Collectively they need to take responsibility and not expect Sammut to dig them out of a hole every week.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed if the board have done their half of the work by providing

the funds, then up to the coach to spend the money the best way possible.

However if the board bring in the players for the coach then its a whole

different ball game, wouldn't have thought that would be the case though.

The long term injuries have been known about,  not a surprise, so 

to cover the start of the season you would have thought two or three

loans would have been a good idea, but if the pot is empty what can you do.

Only difference between us and the ones down the road is that they have

got a very supportive partner in Widnes supplying the players, but then

a lot of fans didn't want that either.  Unfortunately looking like its a necessary

evil to have some kind of partnership with a Super League Club to cover

for injuries.  Take away the Widnes players then they would be struggling big time.

Hmmm, Ostritch,head and sand spring to mind on that one lad.

I think psychologically we were already a beaten team when we went to Leigh. I don't think that will be the case for the next two matches so it will be interesting to see how we go. I'm not throwing the towel in just yet...

i dont think they would be struggling big time mate. Didnt they nearly beat batley with no dual reg.

They did really well no denying that marra, but are struggling without DR for numbers, Brocky was on the bench but was never gonna play and he wasn't to happy having to go all the way there just to make the numbers up and that's a fact  !!!  

We had none on Saturday at batley and we didn't struggle without dr that was our own players and young Cumbrian lads in and we should have won the game

Thats one week on the back of a good win, would it be the same week in week out, with

a load of injuries in your squad? Don't think so.  You've had two good results now

suddenly you are world beaters, doubt it, as we will see on Friday.

On which part Old standoff?

just think the way Haven have been performing even without a full quota is a complete contrast to our performances up to date and I think it will be areal struggle to compete with them unless there is a vast improvement come Friday top lad.

just think the way Haven have been performing even without a full quota is a complete contrast to our performances up to date and I think it will be areal struggle to compete with them unless there is a vast improvement come Friday top lad.

Fair enough, before the last two games though their fans werent

happy, and performances were no better than ours.

Think there is little between the teams.

I think psychologically we were already a beaten team when we went to Leigh. I don't think that will be the case for the next two matches so it will be interesting to see how we go. I'm not throwing the towel in just yet...

Therein lies the issue, I regularly follow Town away and have commented many times on how you can almost tell what the game will be like when the team emerge from the tunnel.

For that reason I used to question the  motivational abilities of  previous coaches, however it appears despite new coaching staff nothing has changed.

There has to be a reason for this because this squad is far better than their results suggest??

Is it though ? It's an aging squad in some areas I'd say - there isn't much improvement in some of these players ..

Yeah, take the point on one or two, but in the main I think we are better than our results would suggest, Motivation????

another puzzling thing about all the doom and gloom merchants is that last season Leigh actually shipped 50 against town at the zebra claims on towns home ground when town had wigan dr and sammut playing , town only managing to score 2 tries yet town scored 3 tries at leigh at the weekend and with a bare bones squad due to injuries etc so whats changed so drastically in your view that town are even worse today ?

Why the mass panic over the result on saturday when it was on a par with the same fixture only 8 months ago and at home ?

It's nothing to do with actual scores, it's more to do with the poor way the team have been playing. We just haven't clicked at all so far this season which is worrying. Let's hope they put it right on Friday.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

It's nothing to do with actual scores, it's more to do with the poor way the team have been playing. We just haven't clicked at all so far this season which is worrying. Let's hope they put it right on Friday.

When a team such as Leigh clicks and get it right they are capable of setting 50 to 60 points on the board at home against any of at least 7 sides in this league and scoring 3 trys down there as opposed to only 2 tries at home( and what is said as a half strength team ) does say that this game cannot be used as a measure of where town are . This week town are still not the town that many want to see fit and running but if they win then what are the negative minded going to say then ? ( not saying that you are the negative minded but on this forum as a whole )

Last year Leigh were running hot, had a settled side, especially the half backs and hadn't brought in new players that had to gel.

IMO last week was worse than the 50 points at home last year

Archived