LEIGH predictions

town4me

Why have we limits on what we can achieve ? I don't expect us to win super league but this season bar Oldham we've conceded big scores - only to find haven and Swindon can compete with Sheffield ... Oldham can compete with Leigh .. Whitehaven can compete with batley - so why such a shortfall when we play them ? I agree the clubs gone backwards fast over 2 seasons but who's that down to ? I doubt any guy from local rugby would be keen to sign for us nowadays ...

Geography / finances werent a problem when we had the likes of Acton Dowes Walne briscoe playing 3 years ago - phils not been able to recruit anyone from the uk bar Doran who is local and Hulme he was at Salford 3 years ago ? Nothing seems to be done to improve it - he comes out post season saying he wants a squad of 30 we now must be down to 22? We're going into Friday with any hope we have on Sammut - they're bouncing - I just think the players ARE better than they are showing and that they aren't playing for him ...

Replacements who knows .. Sammut the obvious choice but there's more .. It is glaringly obvious when rowley is on the radio on away games he rips phils structures / fitness to bits every time ..

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got to agree with t123 on this , I'm sick of hearing about lack of this , no money , location, it's the cards were dealt with and the money has been there but badly spent in my opinion. 

You don't need money to get fit and have good defence with good line speed. 

I'm concerned , everyone presumes we'll be up for haven but you can you just turn it on and off when it suits , ?

if you can then I suggest that the coach is the issue, he's not motivating the team.

Why have we limits on what we can achieve ? I don't expect us to win super league but this season bar Oldham we've conceded big scores - only to find haven and Swindon can compete with Sheffield ... Oldham can compete with Leigh .. Whitehaven can compete with batley - so why such a shortfall when we play them ? I agree the clubs gone backwards fast over 2 seasons but who's that down to ? I doubt any guy from local rugby would be keen to sign for us nowadays ...

Geography / finances we're a problem when we had the likes of Acton Dowes Walne briscoe playing 3 years ago - phils not been able to recruit anyone from the uk bar Doran who is local and Hulme he was at Salford 3 years ago ? Nothing seems to be done to improve it - he comes out post season saying he wants a squad of 30 we now must be down to 22? We're going into Friday with any home we have on Sammut - they're bouncing - I just think the players ARE better than they are showing and that they aren't playing for him ...

Replacements who knows .. Sammut the obvious choice but there's more .. It is glaringly obvious when rowley is on the radio on away games he rips phils structures / fitness to bits every time ..

swindon are a football team mate

The size of the squad is very worrying, it just takes a couple of injuries and we are in a hole and have to play our staff members. I'm not sure if we have overpaid our squad to keep them from the lure of Haven and Eilbecks cheque book, but if the cupboard is bare there isn't much that can be done to bring in new faces.

The score yesterday was awful and it will do nothing for the players confidence for Friday. Hopefully we get a couple of players back and we can dig in, a result on Friday is something to build on but defeat will put pressure on everyone.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I think the choice is quite simple - a win next Friday will buy Vevers a little more time, a loss and it's time to go,

Don't undersell the club, There are plenty of people who would jump at the chance to coach Town, but if the club opt to replace the coach then the decision has to be taken sooner rather than later while there are still enough games to reverse the decline.

From what I've seen this season I don't think they are fit enough, I understand the arguments about playing full timers, but we have been comprehensively beaten by part time clubs as well this season.

at the end of the day, the coach has brought his own players in so this is his team, and ultimately the buck stops with him.

I think young Tee is going to be a great player but he isn't ready for this level of rugby just yet and would have benefitted from playing for one of the premier NCL clubs on a weekly basis for the last two seasons to toughen him up as opposed to being thrown in 3 or 4 times a season for us and expecting the lad to perform. If they aren't careful he could be another who becomes disillusioned.

The thing that disappoints me more than anything at Town is the lack of communication. Ive said before that the more open the club are, the more supporters will engage with the club and the more help that would be offered.

It's already been said on one of the other posts that they need volunteers in a matchday - ...to do what as the club have never said anything!

This is the age of the smart phone, communication is instant, so why aren't they putting out a weekly newsletter with a question and answer section included, or have a live Twitter q&a session with a board member and coaching team once a month where supporters can voice legitimate concerns

Can't see us turning it on against a rampant Haven to be honest but hope I'm wrong,think it's probably a defining game and if we get a hammering Phil could easily have to fall on his sword and go but I also think question need to be answered by the board regarding finances recruitment etc in our secret service inspired running of the club.

Can't see us turning it on against a rampant Haven to be honest but hope I'm wrong,think it's probably a defining game and if we get a hammering Phil could easily have to fall on his sword and go but I also think question need to be answered by the board regarding finances recruitment etc in our secret service inspired running of the club.

we've done ok last couple of games marra was surprised how close we ran batley with only p16 fit players but there's no way we'll hammer you lot on good Friday it's gonna be a close game that could go either way

The voodo over haven has finished - yes with Sammut in the side there's always a chance however he was getting quite a bit of stick last night for lack of involvement during the commentary ..

As I say phils on his last legs for me .. He's excused last night due to it being the cup but a loss Friday and a similar result next Monday and his times up for me I'm afraid - here's hoping soztak olstrom and stack can sure up this defence on Friday .. I'm only pleased it was Leigh we played last night and not one of the better amateurs

I hesitate to lay blame on our coach as it is clearly not an easy job given resources etc and the senior players need to take on some responsibility.

However,the team I  am watching this season appears de-motivated, devoid of ideas and lacks energy. Whist I may not expect us to regularly beat some of the top end teams, I certainly expect any TOWN side to be competetive, something we dont appear to want to be.

Lack of motivation, one dimensional play and apparently naieve game plans, certainly poses some serious questions?

we've done ok last couple of games marra was surprised how close we ran batley with only p16 fit players but there's no way we'll hammer you lot on good Friday it's gonna be a close game that could go either way

ye, thanks for the vote of confidence Donald but going on current performances we are going to improve a hell of a lot to get anything out of that game son.

I.M.O our pack needs to man up a bit. We have a big pack and forwards win games by setting the platform for the backs to work off especially JS in our case. Barring one or two we need to get more agression up the middle and start to dominate teams. Oldham were a small team and we just didn't boss them up the middle like we should have hence it took to the latter stages to kill the game off

I.M.O our pack needs to man up a bit. We have a big pack and forwards win games by setting the platform for the backs to work off especially JS in our case. Barring one or two we need to get more agression up the middle and start to dominate teams. Oldham were a small team and we just didn't boss them up the middle like we should have hence it took to the latter stages to kill the game off

fair shout

The team just aren't performing to their potential for some reason. Our much vaunted pack is losing the battle up front and, quite frankly, there is a real lack of quality in the threequarters. Everyone could see at the end of last season that we needed some pace and quality in the backs and the club did absolutely nothing about it and, even worse, let the only back who was top class leave the club. I don't know who has the final say on recruitment but they've got some questions to answer. The current squad is so unbalanced it's a joke. A couple of injuries in the backs and we have no cover for them apart from our conditioner, that's appalling at this level. Players disappear with no word from the club about why or how long for. Not very professional.

Six months ago we put 60 points on Haven, now we are all worried that they will beat us fairly comfortable on Friday. That's a measure of how we haven't progressed and you could argue we have actually regressed. I think a defeat on Friday has to mean the end for Vievers. If we had been unlucky losers getting edged out in tight games it'd be different but currently this is a team that capitulates once the opposition get a couple of scores in front.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

The thing is what ever did or didn't happen in the off season is gone now and we have to get on with it. We have creativity with matty callum and jarrod playing well and we do have pace in ritson and Hulme (could still do with a few more though). Then on paper we have a big pack that should be doing a lot better. Has ritson had a gap to run at yet? I would love to see him clean through it it just hasn't happened. If we can get some luck with injuries and bring one or two in and they play to their potential things can be turned around.

Yes but we made these mistakes in recruitment last year but have learned nothing from it !

All the people who slagged me off all winter can go n do one as my fears are now reality ! Don't panic they're coming .. Plenty of time

Oh our big signing rocks up a week before the season starts lol and what a shock he's a prop !!!

Yes but we made these mistakes in recruitment last year but have learned nothing from it !

All the people who slagged me off all winter can go n do one as my fears are now reality ! Don't panic they're coming .. Plenty of time

Oh our big signing rocks up a week before the season starts lol and what a shock he's a prop !!!

regular long negative messages on here repeating yourself won't change anything.

yes he does but what's done is done. 'Give us solutions not problems' springs to mind

exactly but just expect 'I told you so' for the next month,it gets very boring...

We all want a winning team and for things to run smooth but it's just not working at the minute,I'm not panicking just yet and still believe in Phil!! I'll still be at the wreck,supporting them next Friday and thinking positive.... Up the town...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

exactly but just expect 'I told you so' for the next month,it gets very boring...

We all want a winning team and for things to run smooth but it's just not working at the minute,I'm not panicking just yet and still believe in Phil!! I'll still be at the wreck,supporting them next Friday and thinking positive.... Up the town...

. Hmmmm.

I'm praying some pride kicks in on Friday and we turn up with the attitude that saw us beat the Jam 5 times straight. After all it's pretty much the same guys who did it before and if they can't get fired up for a derby then things are really looking bleak. As for P.V. -if he was sacked the club would have to pay up his contract and come up with the money to engage another coach. If they truly are potless that sounds like a non-starter. 

yes i will be there too and I will happily take the underdog tag for Friday at the wreck. It's down to the pack IMO. It's a winnable game. Dominate the middle and the rest will fall into place.

cant see why death of the rahrah's has singled out young ritson , he was among the best performers again yesterday and has been recently (despite lack of game time compared to the rest ) its not the lads fault he never gets ball the finger should be pointed to the middle and the pack which have been torn through too easily recently and leaked like a sieve yesterday , no try's were scored through ritson wing yet again and scape goats shouldn't be made . i believe young sam and tee are the most talented youngsters town have recruited for years but are adjusting to not been in their natural positions and stevie was more than holding his own against the premier forward signings , if it is true that dan is also not coming back ? then its 3 lost as akehurst also went back , the lack of a reserve grade outlet is holding back fitness and game time and causing frustration amongst squad players it seems .

I'm pretty sure we will see a good performance from the lads on Friday, it wasn't too long ago they were calling for Coyles head on deluded.com so things can change quickly both ways. It has clicked for them when Carberry came into the team.

If we get the likes of Carter, Stack, Olstrum & Sostack back it will improve our team by a good bit too.

We desperately need another couple of backs for competition and cover but I think Tee could be a diamond if he gets a run of games. He can catch pigeons so could be a brilliant weapon in attack and hasn't let anyone down defending either. He just needs service.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived