town4me

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha oh we have to buy our own players now ! Ha

Haven manage and have improved on poor crowds

Batley / dews likewise

Get your head out of your ###### ffs

re-read that and take your advice, what a dick you are...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Ha oh we have to buy our own players now ! Ha

Haven manage and have improved on poor crowds

Batley / dews likewise

Get your head out of your ###### ffs

i know we need new players. I think you need to re-direct that message to the right person instead of writing it on here.

look , town are playing a team that would be winning the odd game in super league , they are at home and not been in shifts all week , I know its a big score but lets have a little perspective as Leigh are almost full strength any team in our lower group in the championship would find todays game difficult .Leigh are enjoying the cup game as they havent the pressure of finishing below Bradford if this were a league game 

Sounds like quality from Sammut again

Need to make sure we keep him interested and get a coach in who can get this team playing - Sammut won't stick around for long in this set up

maybe hes the man for the job.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

IMO a large influence of where we are at the moment is the signing of Fifita without the right medical procedures in place. I've nothing against Fifita and I'm sure he'd rip it up in this division, but we've hardly had any benefit for his time at Town and that has probably meant his signing has tightened the purse strings.

Because of the investment (and Horton, but we got something out of Horton, maybe not value for money, but something) it meant a thin squad last year and this year and then part-way through last season realised we had to do something drastic, hence signing Sammut. Sammut became the messiah, and his signing and re-signing also limited the options with the size and quality of the squad. Our eggs are in one basket unless it turns full circle and Fifita has the same overall influence that Sammut has.

Sorry town4me I meant that we near won today without duel reg what I meant was we don't need the duel reg if today is anything to go by but next week we will have it as it makes our squad even stronger than today sorry if I miss read u pal

Don't think we should be looking at Sammut as coach as it will distract from his on field performance. Too much responsibility. If he wants to be a coach, the BOD should know by now and maybe he's a number 2 - but I'd bet he's having a significant input into training without having all the other issues that weigh a coach down at this level - man management, signings, player admin and welfare (who else does it at Town), watching the opposition, travel from his home base, etc, etc

think I floated that idea last backend before he signed and was well shot down Wonky.

He could probably do a job but I doubt he has the requisite coaching qualifications. Mind you does Coyle ?  I'm reluctant to join the clamour for Phil's head but if he can't get us up for Friday I think the writing's on the wall. 

We simply arnt good enough for this league we are in, this was the cup yes but what changes next week? Stack back, walker and stoisak will take at least 4 games to get back to fitness.

Carter back? No offence but he isn't the xfactor.

Not good times things need to change and fast.

You played some good RL tonight mainly through Sammutt, that would worry most teams. Your problem was being blown away so early. Yes we did rest a few but we had half backs tonight and although we rested Higham Hood had a blinder. Our pack is light years ahead of last years, so keep yer yeds up and target the wins to stay up

First 20 minutes it was like we were playing Workington Amatuers (sorry), but the next 40 minutes, it was like a proper game. Town's 3rd try was one of the best in the game, nice 'chip & chase' from Sammutt on the left touchline, and then the move carries on, and you score on the opposite touchline. I imagine the game on Easter Monday, won't be as easy for us.

I hope you have sent the same message to anok

Severely cheesed off at the moment with the club / team trouty

Awaiting reading our coaches thoughts

Surely not more of "we have to believe in ourselves" twaddle

We've had this for 2 years

If fans and BOD are happy with this then close the doors now

He has an excuse tonight with it being the cup

What's he going to say if we get beat twice next week and by a similar score Monday ? The excuses are running out

Don't get me wrong I don't expect us to beat teams like Leigh but we have to be able to compete .. Other teams seem to

Are we expected to compete with Leigh!? When you compare the 2 clubs, their fan base, their finances, their facilities. How is a part time club with half the money available meant to compete?

Yes it was a trouncing but be realistic to where we are and what we can achieve in the short term. Beat teams around us at out level. Everyone wants to be a Leigh or Bradford but it is not possible for a team with our resources, finance and location. Simple as

Like I said I said I wasn't expecting a victory last night but I expect them to compete ..2 seasons back we lost there by 6 points or so , this season it was 18-0 after 7 minutes ! Don't bring georgraphy into it please ! Workington hasn't all of a sudden moved its always been the same - turn the old geography argument on its head and we only have Whitehaven to compete with for players in what's classed as a hotbed of rugby league. The club made mistakes the past 2 season on recruitment certainly last year they did - let's face it until the middle 8s we only beat donny n haven - I thought this year would've a bit different - signing Sammut was an obvious move and they are to be commended for that but the rest of the recruitment is pitiful I'm afraid .. we're lucky we have a bloody physio who can put a shirt on ! And this is 5 games in !

The players don't seem happy - we've lost 2 back to maryport .. Making the squad even smaller, I feel

Sorry for the players but the club just doesn't seem to have any ambition to compete at this level what so ever , maybe knee jerk but a new coach with fresh ideas is the only was we are going to get out of this mess ..

Do you honestly think just changing coach will improve what we can realistically achieve? I'm confident that if this side we have now played the squad of 2 years ago, it would easily win. The club has progressed in the last 2 years. The problem being the other clubs have progressed further.

I don't know what the answer is but a club the size of us has its limits to what lever it can achieve. And in my view, we are not far away from this now.

Out of interest, who would you bring in!?

Archived