LEIGH predictions

town4me

That for the past 2 close seasons YOU have been ever so quick to shoot me and others down who have questioned the board

"Don't panic "

Signings are coming

"The board know what they're doing "

I trust the board

This is the second season they have got it ever ever so wrong ....

The points been made old boy :) x

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite hypocritical that post considering your reaction to anyone daring to question Forber.

Sounds like you and Pink Panther have a similarly vague grasp of the definition of "forum". I may not like what you say about Buffer but you have every right to say it, even though you are usually wrong.Equally I have the right to disagree with you like I often do-----like now!

I get behind the team and the club every time I pay my money through the turnstile-I shout myself hoarse encouraging the lads

Can't be that often then as someone shouting themselves hoarse would have stood out a mile this season?

I hope you have sent the same message to anok

Severely cheesed off at the moment with the club / team trouty

Awaiting reading our coaches thoughts

Surely not more of "we have to believe in ourselves" twaddle

We've had this for 2 years

If fans and BOD are happy with this then close the doors now

He has an excuse tonight with it being the cup

What's he going to say if we get beat twice next week and by a similar score Monday ? The excuses are running out

Don't get me wrong I don't expect us to beat teams like Leigh but we have to be able to compete .. Other teams seem to

I haven't been able to get on this site for a while but after reading some of your comments I'm beginning to wish I still couldn't. FFS Townie do you honestly think us fans and the BOD are happy with the way things are going ? I hope members of the  BOD  aren't reading this **** they would be wondering why they put in so much time and effort keeping the club afloat when they know if they walked away there wouldn't be anyone putting their hand up to step in and take their place. The likes of Tony Boyd practically lives down at DP and devotes a ridiculous amount of his life trying to keep us going.

We have started poorly the last couple of years but finished up IMO having decent seasons, we won 9 in a row a couple of years ago and you reckon that wasn't good enough ? We have probably punched above our weight for the last 6 years if truth be known, but a combination of an horrific pre-season injury list and some dubious overseas signings have left us struggling

Let's hope we can turn things around on Friday against a confident haven side, we are massive underdogs for once, but I'm hoping Phil reminds them that they will still be playing against most of the side that took to the field back in September when we hammered them.

Townie, it's very noticeable you have reappeared on here when things aren't going well, where were you at the back end of last season ? Unlike some on here I've never thought you were an haven fan but I sometimes wonder about your motives for coming on here and spouting your negativity.  

I.M.O our pack needs to man up a bit. We have a big pack and forwards win games by setting the platform for the backs to work off especially JS in our case. Barring one or two we need to get more agression up the middle and start to dominate teams. Oldham were a small team and we just didn't boss them up the middle like we should have hence it took to the latter stages to kill the game off

Fully agree, we have a huge pack and they just aren't running their weight, they need to man up on Friday.

I haven't been able to get on this site for a while but after reading some of your comments I'm beginning to wish I still couldn't. FFS Townie do you honestly think us fans and the BOD are happy with the way things are going ? I hope members of the BOD aren't reading this **** they would be wondering why they put in so much time and effort keeping the club afloat when they know if they walked away there wouldn't be anyone putting their hand up to step in and take their place. The likes of Tony Boyd practically lives down at DP and devotes a ridiculous amount of his life trying to keep us going.

We have started poorly the last couple of years but finished up IMO having decent seasons, we won 9 in a row a couple of years ago and you reckon that wasn't good enough ? We have probably punched above our weight for the last 6 years if truth be known, but a combination of an horrific pre-season injury list and some dubious overseas signings have left us struggling

Let's hope we can turn things around on Friday against a confident haven side, we are massive underdogs for once, but I'm hoping Phil reminds them that they will still be playing against most of the side that took to the field back in September when we hammered them.

Townie, it's very noticeable you have reappeared on here when things aren't going well, where were you at the back end of last season ? Unlike some on here I've never thought you were an haven fan but I sometimes wonder about your motives for coming on here and spouting your negativity.

Read the rest of the posts on here my friend it's not just me that's not happy at the moment - things need to change if we are to stay in this league simple as the board don't have to be part of it - it's their choice ! But along with the plaudits they have to take Critism - they are supposively running a professional rugby league club of which I pay £16 to watch every home game .. Forgive me but I expect better that what's going on down there at the moment

So what? You would rather see board members wrap up and see the club dwindle away to nothing? If it wasn't for their efforts you wouldn't have a club to complain about so be thankful for their efforts. Stop the constant negative comments, suck it up and concentrate your efforts on being positive

Read the rest of the posts on here my friend it's not just me that's not happy at the moment - things need to change if we are to stay in this league simple as the board don't have to be part of it - it's their choice ! But along with the plaudits they have to take Critism - they are supposively running a professional rugby league club of which I pay £16 to watch every home game .. Forgive me but I expect better that what's going on down there at the moment

Their choice !!!!! Supposively ? I bet they wish their only commitment was handing over £16 and buying a ticket for the half time draw. So they all wake up in the morning and decide they just can't give up a huge slice of their life anymore running the club....you won't have anything to moan about mate because there wont be team to be so negative about.   

Whenever you speak to any of the players they have nothing but praise for Phil as a coach & all really enjoy working with him, so I don't believe for one minute he has lost the dressing room! Don't forget some of our players are just returning from long term injuries so won't be firing on all cylinders and some are still out injured! Yes we are going through a bad spell but the players don't go out there to get beat, they give 100% everytime! All this talk about Phil having to lift them for Friday is rubbish, the players themselves will be up for it ( unless they are reading all the negativity on here and might just not bother turning up). Everyone wanted Sammut whatever the cost, so if we have no funds available and this is the team we have, then let's get behind them show them some support and get their confidence back up, they are not a bad team and I am sure they will turn their season around.

I'd agree the board have done a great job it's whoevers responsible for the recruitment that needs looking at.

Phil has to carry the can for that one I'm afraid.

Indeed if the board have done their half of the work by providing

the funds, then up to the coach to spend the money the best way possible.

However if the board bring in the players for the coach then its a whole

different ball game, wouldn't have thought that would be the case though.

The long term injuries have been known about,  not a surprise, so 

to cover the start of the season you would have thought two or three

loans would have been a good idea, but if the pot is empty what can you do.

Only difference between us and the ones down the road is that they have

got a very supportive partner in Widnes supplying the players, but then

a lot of fans didn't want that either.  Unfortunately looking like its a necessary

evil to have some kind of partnership with a Super League Club to cover

for injuries.  Take away the Widnes players then they would be struggling big time.

Indeed if the board have done their half of the work by providing

the funds, then up to the coach to spend the money the best way possible.

However if the board bring in the players for the coach then its a whole

different ball game, wouldn't have thought that would be the case though.

The long term injuries have been known about, not a surprise, so

to cover the start of the season you would have thought two or three

loans would have been a good idea, but if the pot is empty what can you do.

Only difference between us and the ones down the road is that they have

got a very supportive partner in Widnes supplying the players, but then

a lot of fans didn't want that either. Unfortunately looking like its a necessary

evil to have some kind of partnership with a Super League Club to cover

for injuries. Take away the Widnes players then they would be struggling big time.

i dont think they would be struggling big time mate. Didnt they nearly beat batley with no dual reg.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

2 players leaving and always talk of wanting a 30 man squad there must be money available.

When does the French league finish?

Why MUST there be money available? We've a number of overseas players which won't be cheap. Plus Sammut who I think is worth every penny. If there were funds available if imagine we'd have brought players in.

Archived