LEIGH predictions

town4me

yes i will be there too and I will happily take the underdog tag for Friday at the wreck. It's down to the pack IMO. It's a winnable game. Dominate the middle and the rest will fall into place.

Fact is though our pack has gone from dominant to being bossed this time round. I'll risk getting shot down but I don't think Brett P. Is making the holes that he did last year--maybe it is because other sides have improved past us. I agree with those that say Stevy was one of our better forwards and if lack of game time was really the reason why he went then that was a poor selection decision .

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure we will see a good performance from the lads on Friday, it wasn't too long ago they were calling for Coyles head on deluded.com so things can change quickly both ways. It has clicked for them when Carberry came into the team.

If we get the likes of Carter, Stack, Olstrum & Sostack back it will improve our team by a good bit too.

We desperately need another couple of backs for competition and cover but I think Tee could be a diamond if he gets a run of games. He can catch pigeons so could be a brilliant weapon in attack and hasn't let anyone down defending either. He just needs service.

yes true some wanted coyles head earlier this season. I haven't seen carberry play and I also don't see a two page thread on carberry on our forum. Wink wink.

Fact is though our pack has gone from dominant to being bossed this time round. I'll risk getting shot down but I don't think Brett P. Is making the holes that he did last year--maybe it is because other sides have improved past us. I agree with those that say Stevy was one of our better forwards and if lack of game time was really the reason why he went then that was a poor selection decision .

agreed sandy and as I mentioned earlier barring one or two, the pack in genral need to step up to the mark and play like they can. On paper we have a pack more than capable than competing with the majority of packs in this league. Unfortunately it's not happening at the moment.

Did any of you lot go to the game? Very much doubt it stop getting on the backs of players coaches etc and get behind the team. I'm confident we can go to whitehaven Friday and come home with the 2 points. Everything clicked for leigh yesterday we starved of the ball for at least 20mins but looked good with it and made leigh defend

all that really matters is a win on friday , i ll reserve my judgement till then . would like to see our backs get a bit more ball and maybe some long kicks for tee to chase , i think we have got to leave the up the middle stuff behind , give the ball a bit more air , try and keep the opposition guessing .we are a bit too predictable at present ..... most of all a lot more aggression in the tackle and dare i say it a good old fashioned set to early on to get the blood up . UP THE TOWN.

Did any of you lot go to the game? Very much doubt it stop getting on the backs of players coaches etc and get behind the team. I'm confident we can go to whitehaven Friday and come home with the 2 points. Everything clicked for leigh yesterday we starved of the ball for at least 20mins but looked good with it and made leigh defend

I could have paid my mortgage off with the money I've spent supporting Town over the years--home and away and if I think something,or somebody isn't up to scratch I have the right to say so. We shipped 68 points so I guess in your book that's a fair effort!  Go and look up the definition of "forum". 

we started scoring points at 32-0 down. I would think it had more to do with leigh easing up. Im sorry mate but no one can defend the performances not just yesterday, but all season.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

most people aren't gonna spend £50+ and 8 hours doing a 280 mile round trip with this season's performances. On the other hand the glass is half full and we do have the players to compete when they start to play to their potential.

I know the definition of foram cheers sandy!! But it's week in week out with the same names slagging off player coaches why not try getting behind them

I get behind the team and the club every time I pay my money through the turnstile-I shout myself hoarse encouraging the lads -then I come on here and discuss the game,the players,the officials(!) with other Townies and one or two "guests". What's not to like?  

I could have paid my mortgage off with the money I've spent supporting Town over the years--home and away and if I think something,or somebody isn't up to scratch I have the right to say so. We shipped 68 points so I guess in your book that's a fair effort! Go and look up the definition of "forum".

Quite hypocritical that post considering your reaction to anyone daring to question Forber.

I applaud you and the other fans who travel both home and away. However that doesn't mean your right and anyone who didn't attend is wrong.

I'm  hoping  they went into the game at shall we say  "not full tilt" knowing the game wasn't going to be won and was very much a damage limitation game with a much more important game coming up  on Friday.

If we beat Haven on Friday, all is forgiven BUT if we get beat and then tonked again by Leigh on the Monday then they deserve all they get because they are underachieving massively so far this year including some senior players.

These are PAID sportsmen who have to take the criticism as well as the plaudits. 

Up The Town

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

Well all I can say on the game is I witnessed a team of a lot of under performers.For the first 25 minutes we wer just dreadful in defence. Leigh didn't do anything special but they had a good game plan and good structure the lads looked like they didn't know each other. Yes we scored a couple of good try's but that was it there was-nothing in our lads as a team going forward or defending no structure and must have the worst game plan in the league. There was some good individuals that played well in the game young Ritson Chris's Murphy and matty.Our game sets defence and attack were just shocking the lads looked fit enough but like a team of total strangers and that to me is down to the training paddock.

Archived