BARLA National Cup

What criteria? Look at the fixtures and see who puts out A teams and U18 on a regular basis as the season progresses. I think the U18 is more important in the eyes of the RFL so with only 8 teams in Yorkshire there are a lot of clubs who don't meet the criteria.

I think you can get away with either U18s or reserves, though even then reserve in a merit league is enough

I agree but look at the fixtures is that what is not important?

The NCL have decided to expand the league and slightly water down the criteria. There are pros and cons of this approach, but most of the new clubs have been a high standard. Peterlee, Hindley, Wigan St Cuthberts and Wibsey Warriors weren't up to scratch but I don't know where they'd stand with regards to the criteria.

I tend to agree with you that a merit league side isn't quite enough to support an NCL side, but I was quoting what the league will accept now.

The NCL have decided to expand the league and slightly water down the criteria. There are pros and cons of this approach, but most of the new clubs have been a high standard. Peterlee, Hindley, Wigan St Cuthberts and Wibsey Warriors weren't up to scratch but I don't know where they'd stand with regards to the criteria.

I tend to agree with you that a merit league side isn't quite enough to support an NCL side, but I was quoting what the league will accept now.

A Merit League team isn't necessarily a poor team - it is often a place where clubs enter 2nd teams when they have too many players for one team, but not always enough for two teams. The Merit League starts well after the regular divisions, which suits clubs who have a good number of RU lads that join them after the Union season has finished.

I see the NCL are considering allowing Thornhill Trojans to play their Challenge Cup game against Stanningley so they can play in the semi-final of the BARLA National Cup. when at the start of the summer campaign the categorically stated that you NCL games had priority.

The mind boggles, thank goodness I'm no longer involved in administration.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know confirmed ground for national cup final

Nicked from Thornhill's Facebook page:

The National Cup final will be on Saturday 28th May at Featherstone Rovers v Myton Warriors.

No trip to Blackpool this year then. Does Fev have a tower and countless B&Bs?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived