North Wales

The Baron Mk11

Full Time, North Wales 16 Hornets 42, Switched on in second half.

​Thanks to the commentators who did a good job, especially in the second half when they stopped talking over each other. Well Done.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Another step in the right direction - top of table too. No doubt the coach will be concerned with our switching off prior to half time, but the response was emphatic for the next 40.

Early days too in the season, so hopefully we shall build on our excellent start to be in prime position for the second half of the season and the Super 8.    Home fixtures predominate in the next few weeks so let's hope that attendances reflect our start, promise and the rugby being played. Well done to all concerned.

That was a great result today and thoroughly deserved. We went to sleep in the second part of the first half after getting 22-6 ahead which was quite worrying come half time, however, in the second half we played smarter and kept our heads up to gain an emphatic away result. Make no mistake this Crusaders team may have some financial problems but on the field they look good and will surely be there or thereabouts as the season progresses.

I think that there seems to be a really good team spirit this season which winning can only progress that state.

Finally if you wish to see why you pay your admission you had to watch Wayne English's tackle on the Crusaders winger. Yes he's done it many times before but "our Wayne" took the winger out when he was in full flow and certain to score, and bundled him it to touch. The score at the time, which was late in the game, was Crusaders 16. Hornets 42..............nuff said.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

Its really coming together very nicely......dare I say it.

There is a new found level of professionalism around the squad and coaches, we appear to have a game plan for each opponent, that is flexible and can be changed depending on the game circumstances. Defensively whilst far from 'impenetrable' we certainly don't look any where near as porous as we have in recent seasons.

Forwards are taking the ball in with purpose and look to be no pushovers with a bit of devil about them and the halfbacks are trying to play which again is a novelty for us. Stand out players so far are the two hookers, big Samir and of course Jo Taira who looks a bit of silent assassin and plays without any fear, this guy will turn out to be a proper crowd favourite in the weeks to come I'm sure of it. Jono Smith has just become available again and people like Mike Ratu, Bloomers etc. have either not played or been out with injury, so there's some depth and quality in the squad.

I like what Killer is doing and what he has to say, he doesn't seem to fudge around the issues by stating the obvious and is clearly recognising the small details that will make the difference and turn us into a winning side rather than a decent team. As good as we've been so far Killer is keen to state that there is still lots of improvement to be made as we've not yet put a full 80mins together.

Still very early days as we certainly don't want to peak to early. Its a long hard season ahead still, but in the tests we've been given so far we have showed up very very well.

It is going to be interesting to see how the French team Toulouse fair away from home soil as they've been walloping everybody at home so far and the teams we would class as rivals for promotion appear to be beating each other.

Say it very quietly but #nextgeneration is looking pretty good. I think we will be ok this season if we continue in the same vein, there is something different about the team this season and I urge any floating Hornets to get yourself down to Spotland and see for yourselves.

Some big tests ahead without doubt but so far very good indeed with all tests passed with flying colours. Well done Killer, the players and the board!

Come on Hornets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived