2 pacific players buck trend & tell City-Country to get stuffed!

Some nice words from Frank Pritchard regarding his and Manu's release by Hull.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE28EM6yQXR/

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Some nice words from Frank Pritchard regarding his and Manu's release by Hull.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE28EM6yQXR/

Nice touch from the big feller. He seems to live life with a smile on his face. I imagine he's a very positive influence on any team he plays for.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

funny but sadly for the integrity of the international game true Farmduck! People travel a lot more and many have backgrounds with links to multiple nations. For example I could play for Scotland (grandparent) Australia (lived there in the past for 5 years) Cook Islands (im not a Cook Islander but lived here for 4 years as kid) and NZ born citizen. Imagine all he possibilities there would be some players who qualify for half dozen or more countries! 

Heritage players need to pick one and stick to it, although for good of the game I'd like to see one switch allowed form from NZ, OZ & ENG to nation of heritage but they can change only once in a career and even then it has to be after a world cup cycle.

Residency is a no brainer if selected on residency grounds you must be an official government recognized permanent resident of the country. Most Kiwi's who emigrated to OZ this century are not Australian permanent residents but resident for tax purposes. meaning those Kiwi's can pay tax but cant vote, claim benefits or serve in Australia's military. I dont know what Radradra case is but Rangi Chase a few years back switched from NZ to ENG after 3 years. I highly doubt he had a UK permanent resident visa when selected for ENG as you have to live in UK for 5 before you can apply.

you could'nt play for the cook islands nor can you play for australia unless you've lived there the last 3 years upto being selected..like semi...you can't live in a number of countries for 3 years then be eligible for all these countries..it does'nt and has never worked like that

rule 3.1 ©  the country which has been his principal place of residence for a period of three years up to the date of his selection; 

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

its ok,im not surprised you got it wrong cos the amount of misinformation and outright lies put out there by the australian press,clubs,nswrl,qrl & ARLC is disgusting..

they'll have you believe that simply electing to switch nations binds the switch...yet under RLIF law you actually have to play for that nation before it become binding....then they start chucking in city,country & origin...which has absolutely nothing to do with international eligibility..

then we get the likes of darren lockyer saying we need to sort out international eligibility laws...no we don't,the core laws are fine and are inline with most sports...we just need to tweek a couple...1, change the residency rule from 3 to 5 years. 2. either ban switching altogether or after every world cup final you tell all the players they have till jan 1st to select the nation they want to play for,providing they are eligible,and they are locked into that nation for the next 4 years till after the next world cup final.

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

It's good to see an Australian with Kiwi parents take his country Samoa so seriously.

His parents are Samoan. I don't know how he even qualified for NZ. His parents lived there in between Samoa and Australia.

Archived