Well.....

OutsiderLookingIn

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch the highlights if the pic is not conclusive, Sammut never let go until the tackle was over. His hand position on Clays leg did not change. Be thankful your superstar can play next week. Anyway its done with, as I say its dangerous full stop and clearly warranted further action imho, as I would say if our player had put a player in a dangerous situation. On we go to next week. What's done is done. Up the Yeds!

oh stop going on , the ref saw it as a fair tackle , the video has been scrutinised by the rfl officials and the reported claim against sammut , you would all have wished a ban but it wasnt warranted so move on and stop quaking in your pumps , towns other inform half back who returns for this week is going to double the threat in the halves , lets have a good game and may the best team on the day win .

I actually got chance to watch a bit of the game, which i dont usually do, and i found Sammut to be an arrogant wee so and so....he needs a good talking to by his mam!!

Like all good half backs should be.  :-)

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

oh stop going on , the ref saw it as a fair tackle , the video has been scrutinised by the rfl officials and the reported claim against sammut , you would all have wished a ban but it wasnt warranted so move on and stop quaking in your pumps , towns other inform half back who returns for this week is going to double the threat in the halves , lets have a good game and may the best team on the day win .

I thought Forber did far more damage than Sammut, apart from the dodgy tackle. And the referee did see something wrong with it, he penalised him. But no quaking in pumps here. Looking forward to a game that will mean as much to us as it does to you.  ;)

I thought Forber did far more damage than Sammut, apart from the dodgy tackle. And the referee did see something wrong with it, he penalised him. But no quaking in pumps here. Looking forward to a game that will mean as much to us as it does to you.  ;)

Forber did well but sammut gets over the try line more often than many others as does Philips .

If robust means spearing a man into the ground then yeah it was. It was a spear tackle end of story. Lucky Clay didn't land on his head and end up with worse than the injury a "robust" tackle caused. Anyway we move on, we will see if a "robust" tackle from one of our players (fairly of course) next week meets with the same view you have now. Somehow I doubt it. Wardy was getting up and clobbered your lad with an elbow, deliberate? Argue til black is blue but we have to take it on the chin. If you open your other eye,you might actually realise the tackle from Sammut was dangerous and certainly worthy of an on report at least. Personally I think your lucky charm is fortunate not to get a 1 match ban at least,but that's how it goes. The RFL see what they want,so we will get on with it. Up the Yeds!

There was a tackle on Forber where he was lifted over the horizontal in the tackle (at around 17:25 on the highlights video) and Oldham didn't even get penalised for it...

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Archived