Community Champion announced......

roughyed34

It's is as easy as that wish more clubs especially super league clubs would get involved.

SD will be having our annual voice of the fans in October at heritage quays Huddersfield. Will publish more details as soon as I get them.

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

My wife Lisa and I attended the awards do last night in Leeds and had a jolly old time.  We were guests of Supporters Direct and shared a table with the Sheffield Eagles party.  

They had twelve awards to hand out, four prior to the meal and 8 afterwards.  I think it was a separation of off-the-field stuff from player and team awards. Scarily I was first-up and I walked through the audience like they do at the Oscars.  Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce was blurting out and they had two big video screens with my name and then face all over them.  I got my award and then had a quick Q and A interview before wandering back to my seat.

I suppose getting my award out of the way early was a good thing because it meant I could relax.  The funniest event happened late on when some people had already left.  The stage was empty so I suggested to Lisa that we walk down to the front and get someone to take our picture.  When we got there the only people nearby were Nigel Wood and Brian Barwick who were in deep conversation.  

Then, a player who had won an award, wandered past.  It was James Cunningham from London Broncos.  I asked him if he'd mind taking our picture but something got lost in translation because he handed Lisa's iPhone back to her and put his arm around me for our picture to be taken.  He still didn't get it when I tried to explain so I gave up and let Lisa take the picture as she was stood there laughing her head off.

Anyway, thanks again to anyone who nominated me, I feel quite humbled by it all but it makes me as keen as ever to carry on doing my thing.

Up the Roughyeds.

Archived